Girl Scout Cookies Grown By Cookie Man In A Closet

I'm growing CaliConnection GSC too! It's in its third week of flower :)
I'll be sure to have a good look at your journal to see if we have the same strain/plant ;)
Yours look great!

The HotBox

I'm growing CaliConnection GSC too! It's in its third week of flower :)
I'll be sure to have a good look at your journal to see if we have the same strain/plant ;)
Yours look great!

The HotBox

Nice, did you find they needed lots of cal mag?

So far nothing abnormal on the cal mag. I think in veg, the GSC has been a little sensitive to nutrients though.
The HotBox

They sure are nute hungry. I think my cal mag issue was mainly due to using reverse osmosis water. I plan to go squish some of my buds tomorrow for some rosin as soon as the dispensary opens. I'll be sure to report the results. The hair straightener method made me waste about 7grams in the pursuit of rosin. I got one decent dab and it tasted fucking amazing. I got a bunch of shitty dabs though and they tasted harsh and were not enough for a good hit.

I'm going to close this journal and ask it be moved to the completed section once I get the results from the rosin press. I'll be sure to post the yields and some pics. Maybe even a video of a nice big dab.

Overall I'm happy with the bud. It was harvested with more clear than cloudy trichomes, and a few amber trichomes showing. Many of the buds were shitty fluff, but there were some nice colas. The taste is quite nice now and it burns well in joints. The buds need to dry a bit more so I don't worry about mold, but they are going nicely. I put them in jars after the stems started to get crispy and they were crispy to the touch. When the jars are open for a little bit, the whole room just reeks of their wonderful smell. There is quite a bit of variation in the smells in the jars, but I failed to sort them based on smell alone. So I'm not sure why the variation in smells. The high is very heady and it makes me very talkative. I very energetic and uplifting high. I think I harvested exactly 63 days from changing to 12/12 and this was the lower range of what cali connection said for ripeness. Considering the trichomes were starting to turn amber and had a decent percentage of cloudy trichomes, I am very impressed with the accuracy and stability of the strain. I do doubt the legitimacy of this strain being THE Girl Scout cookies from the cookie family up north due to the lack of purple in the plants. Although the pics on cali connection's website were accurate to what I got. Overall, I got a little over 200 grams with a 400 watt light. Considering the strain is advertised as a low-medium yield, I am happy. The buds did tend to be fluffy and typical of a sativa.

I started to have some serious issues with airflow and temps. I am considering changing to a tent, LED, or growing fewer to fruition. I'm planning on trying to Flux the plants next grow. I already started some cali connection purple chem, but I had to take a trip before they sprouted. My wife has reported that all 6 seeds popped out of the soil. They were planted in small pots, about 1.5" deep. They all came up nice and strong without the seed casing stuck on them. I really believe that direct planting in soil gives the best results. I'll update with photos and start a new journal tomorrow. If I keep the same setup, I will be growing only 2-3 to fruition.

Well I managed to find a local dispensary that has a rosin press and was willing to press my nugs for me. Shout out to Club 5252, they are super cool and helpful. They were still just learning about the rosin press, or so they said. They had me grind my weed up and suggested I use 7 grams for the best results. They made sure to say they weren't sure how well my weed would press and they tried to prepare me for not getting much out. They had a sasquash press, a pneumatic press with large plates. Only the bottom plate was heated though.

God damn, did it come flowing out though! I should have asked to take a video, but I'm so used to cell phones and videos being banned in shops. The rosin came pouring out the sides of the parchment paper and we thought it was gonna run off, and a frantic search for the roll of parchment began. Luckily the rosin stayed on the first sheet, but they did get an extra sheet ready just as the rosin was stopping near the edge. Nice thick streams came out. A second press was done to make sure the first one was good, but the dude was very excited with how much rosin had come from the first press. The second press didn't yield much. We tossed the bag with the pancake of weed.

From 7 grams of ground buds, I got 1.5 grams in just the big chunks alone. The rivers of rosin turned into ropes of rosin. Dude created a nice big chunk in no time. I cleaned the parchment from the small pieces and the second press at home. Here is a picture of the three collections. The big one in the middle is the 1.5 grams of big chunks, the one on the left is the small splatter that I cleaned off the parchment for the first press. And the one on the right is from the second press. I think the yield was in the 22-23% range

3-19-171.jpg

I took a small matchstick sized dab, and considering I didn't smoke for 2 days until last night when I smoked a blunt and a joint this morning, I got quite lifted. A very speedy energetic high. Feels like a nice warm fuzz behind the face and between the ears.

These look awesome nice set up . i see that you are very helpful and help alot of people on here with there posts. If you dont mind im new and if i could get some feed back on my post i would appreciate it.

Sent from my LGMS210 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom