Girl Skunk Cookies - Micro Grow - 91 watts CFL - 25.4g Harvest

cheifyc

420 Member
Here is my harvest from my latest micro CFL grow.

Let me know what you think.

SAM_2300.JPG
SAM_2299.JPG
SAM_2298.JPG
SAM_22971.JPG
SAM_22961.JPG
SAM_22951.JPG
SAM_22941.JPG

Wow what a nice bud your got here :)

How long it was flowering? I am asking, cause i am currently growing with CFL's too, micro grow in cardboard box.

I have thread in this forum (Critical Impact). It's 5th week flowering atm.

Looks fantastic. Get some LED Bulbs (100 w equivalent=14w actual) and do it again. I'd love to see a side by side comparison.
I love them so much I started building panels to house the bulbs with a 10000 lumen Bridgelux COB in the center.
Here's the newest panel ready for bulbs and COB installation.
420-magazine-mobile523253895.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1049550681.jpg

I cut the plastic domes off the LED bulbs to get better light.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here's a side by side with the 18w LED vs a 26w CFL using Galatica LUX meter for iPhone. Not scientific but it gives you an idea of the brightness. Both bulbs claim to be 100 watt equivalent.

CFL
420-magazine-mobile379497425.jpg

LED
420-magazine-mobile767508227.jpg

And this is the LED at 5 inches from canopy. That's about as close as you can get before the leaves start to curl.
Half the wattage 4x the brightness
These tests are from a single LED bulb. The Lux when you put 12 together is on average 12000 Lux.
The consumption of 12 bulbs combined is 168w.

420-magazine-mobile1494912031.jpg

Cool thanks @light House. I switched to 12/12 on September 15, and harvested December 10, so how eve many weeks that is, somewhere around 11 weeks I believe. I have a grow journal for the entire grow on a different site but 420mag took down the link, I guess its against their policy. Just google: Super Grow LED SGL6 - 25 watt grow light test 1 - Medical Marijuana ,hopefully they don't take this down too. lol Would love to see some pics of your current micro grow.

Cool thanks @Light House. I switched to 12/12 on September 15, and harvested December 10, so how eve many weeks that is, somewhere around 11 weeks I believe. I have a grow journal for the entire grow on a different site but 420mag took down the link, I guess its against their policy. Just google: Super Grow LED SGL6 - 25 watt grow light test 1 - Medical Marijuana ,hopefully they don't take this down too. lol Would love to see some pics of your current micro grow.

11 weeks flowering?! Damn that's a long one. Have you smoked it already? Smoke report por favor and i hope you used your trim for cannabutter :)

Here is my current grow: Critical Impact

11 weeks flowering?! Damn that's a long one. Have you smoked it already? Smoke report por favor and i hope you used your trim for cannabutter :)

Here is my current grow: Critical Impact

Very nice plant you have there. I would say you got around 4 more weeks to go. Looks like you will get a good yield to, definitely more than my little micro grow, Yea 11 weeks I let it get a little over done because I pollinated to get some seeds and was waiting for the seeds to mature before I chopped, or else I probably would have harvested between week 9 and 10. Still haven't smoked any yet, still letting it cure up a bit. I might try some very soon though.

Very nice plant you have there. I would say you got around 4 more weeks to go. Looks like you will get a good yield to, definitely more than my little micro grow, Yea 11 weeks I let it get a little over done because I pollinated to get some seeds and was waiting for the seeds to mature before I chopped, or else I probably would have harvested between week 9 and 10. Still haven't smoked any yet, still letting it cure up a bit. I might try some very soon though.

I would be more than happy to get 25g out of it :)

I still think that i'll harveswt it after 2-3 weeks :)

And this is the LED at 5 inches from canopy. That's about as close as you can get before the leaves start to curl.
Half the wattage 4x the brightness
These tests are from a single LED bulb. The Lux when you put 12 together is on average 12000 Lux.
The consumption of 12 bulbs combined is 168w.

420-magazine-mobile1494912031.jpg

I am starting a new grow with the these types of LED bulbs. I got 5000k for veg and 2700k for flower. How far should they be for seedlings and starting seeds? Or are they to strong for seeds?

You shouldnt use the 2700k. For some reason it damages your plants. This is confirmed by another user here.
I can't explain why. In any other situation 2700k would be great for flower. But there's something about the SMD's (those little chips on the light) that plants just don't like.
The bulbs I mentioned (5000k) are intended as a low-cost solution to seedlings and nurselings. I would not try to flower under them.

For seedlings I place the bulbs about a foot away. 5000k only. It keeps the node spacing nice and tight.

You shouldnt use the 2700k. For some reason it damages your plants. This is confirmed by another user here.
I can't explain why. In any other situation 2700k would be great for flower. But there's something about the SMD's (those little chips on the light) that plants just don't like.
The bulbs I mentioned (5000k) are intended as a low-cost solution to seedlings and nurselings. I would not try to flower under them.

For seedlings I place the bulbs about a foot away. 5000k only. It keeps the node spacing nice and tight.

Thanks for the response. Crazy because I found a thread on a different forum where people are using the 2700k led bulbs for flowering and getting 1 gram per watt dry weight harvest. If you want to check it out just google search "Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons" and it should be the first result.

Back
Top Bottom