Girlfriend trouble

Coke&Smoke

I have been dating my present girlfriend for 2 years now. For the past month all i hear from her is "quit smoking". weed for me is more than getting high, its something deeper, but everytime I try to explain that to her I can't think of the right words, ya know? anyone have advice on what to tell her?

Coke&Smoke said:
I have been dating my present girlfriend for 2 years now. For the past month all i hear from her is "quit smoking". weed for me is more than getting high, its something deeper, but everytime I try to explain that to her I can't think of the right words, ya know? anyone have advice on what to tell her?

I dunno bro, My girl is cool with me smoking, but sometimes she asks me why I like it so much, and I can never seem to find the right words either..:hmmmm:

tell her....
it's your own form of personal expression
it's how you heal from all the bullshit in the world
it's something you love to do
you were doing it when you guys met so so whats her prob now?
it's who you are and you wouldnt feel comfortable changing that for ANYONE
tell her you wouldn't ask her to quit something she loved

The man from fairfax raises excellent points.

but Perhaps its when you smoke around her, or get baked prior to seeing her.

Maybe she sees it as you blazing to make spending time with her more managable. I think you should ask her what her concern with it is, and the volunteer that if it bothers her that much you won't blaze prior to seeing her... or something to that extent.

Good luck man, my ex was the same way and i think thats partly what contributed to our relationship;s demise.... so tread carefully and make sure you resolve that issue now before it comes back to bite you in the ass.

OnionGobbler said:

Maybe she sees it as you blazing to make spending time with her more managable. I think you should ask her what her concern with it is, and the volunteer that if it bothers her that much you won't blaze prior to seeing her... or something to that extent.

Good luck man, my ex was the same way and i think thats partly what contributed to our relationship;s demise.... so tread carefully and make sure you resolve that issue now before it comes back to bite you in the ass.
i'd have to agree there.

Break up. She obviously doesn't agree with it and never will.

thanks fo the replies, but it won't help. She stopped by my house today with a box full of my stuff and said "I am done with you, and I am tired of your sh*t" I really liked her... this sucks...

Sounds like the weed was just the excuse laid for ending the relationship. It may have been a reason, but became the focal point for something else or a bunch of reasons. I know this guy who lives to get stoned, but his girl stayed with him and... his tons of money....

OnionGobbler said:

OG is saying exactly what is on my mind here too. My wife was totally cool with smoking for the first 3 years we were together, then suddenly became completely anti any drug and a religious freak (from a very cool stoner that liked heavy metal)

she basically forced me to quit or she would leave. well i quit of course, and honestly, I was nowhere near as happy and basically it did help contribute to our divorce. And let me tell ya, i should have chosen weed in the first place.

It never does me wrong :allgood:

keep your chin up cs, things get better, a lot better, with time. now you can get yourself some strange, if you know what i mean. and strange is always good.

Well, the weed ended up being the excuse to something bigger. I saw her today at the coffe shop (small world) and we sat down and talked. Basically she cheated on me once.. or twice. She said she din't know how to tell, so tried to get me to break up with her. When she told me this I wasn't all that mad, I should have noticed the sparks weren't flying a couple months ago, but this just means I am ready to get back into the dating scene. Thanks for the helps guys. I plan to keep my chin up

OK kids, remember this..

Woman are like buses.. another one always comes along.

(I've been married 3 times and looking at a fourth..)

Breaking up sucks but at least your free again. Besides she was a lil ho for cheatin on you so fuck it. I had a girl that made me choose between her or the herb. That was complete bullshit she ended up cheatin on me with this one dude that i hated. I got on my skate and i was landing crazy shit that I would normally be to scared to attempt. It was a great feeling cuz i was really sad and pissed off and then all of a sudden I really didnt give a fuck anymore. I love the feeling of flying through the air on my board and not giving a fuck about anything. Its like getting high.

Back
Top Bottom