Gitane Indoor/Outdoor

Brightlight: What do you supplement the Edna's with? I was getting a PH runoff in the low 5's so I added in dolomite lime so the mag deficiency I've had for the past is no gone.
I was worried about all the leaf yellowing, so I'm not the only one. Final yield will let me know if the lack of leaves have an impact and whether I need to beef up the N more during vegging and a little longer once they go into flower.
When did your plants go into flower this year?
Thanks

Hey G. I add ~15 ingredients to base, which was EBS outdoors this yr. Can give you recipe if interested. I actually want the yellowing or N fade....can improve taste & bud appearance. Shouldn't impact yield. I give big shot of N late veg into transition, then use fish fert. into bloom for N. A low N version is good, like 2-4-0. The EBS Bulb Food (4-6-4) is what I use in transition. Had 2 early bloomers this yr...a GSC & a Purple Diesel. They started early-mid July. Others started bloom early Aug.:Namaste:

Thanks BL. Let me know what you add into your base material. I can't seem to get my plants much more than 3 feet tall.
The clones that went outdoors May 1, and harvested July 4 got me about 2.5z/plant, with alot less 'fade'
The current plants were started from seed back in April. Unless I really get a massive spurt in the next 4 weeks, yield is going to be 2 z or less/plant. I'm removing the yellow leaves once a week now and most plants are basically all flower. Most started flowering around July 10. They all are in 7 gal. pots. I'm been fertilizing with the earth juice line once per week. (they get watered 2x /wk)

Hey G. Soil mix ingredients as requested:

Dolomite Lime
Oyster Shell
Gypsum
Soft Rock Phosphate
Bone Meal
Greensand
Azomite
Sul Po Mag (important)

Alfalfa Meal
Cottonseed Meal
Feather Meal
Kelp Meal
High N Bat Guano

Worm Castings
Compost (something like Bu's Biodynamic from Malibu Compost)
Perlite

Microbes (important)

Optional
Rice
Insect Frass

You don't have to include all ingredients...grouped by "type" so pick & choose. Add in as you buy & accumulate. You can add to coco (inside) or any bag soil outside. "Cook" for a mo. or so. Strong enough for H2O only during all of veg.

This type of mix easily gives me 5 footers in 7's outside. Big enough for my yard. I've found that bag soil that has some coco in it can give you taller/bigger plants outside, but not necessarily better than say EBS, which has no coco & even some good old fashioned dirt in it. Stuff like Roots is all coco & not the best outside here, more H2O required. Some w/ coco & peat that are good include Mendo Mix & Empire Builder. Black Gold & Dr. Earth Motherland are good straight peat mixes.

Imo, your "fade" is great man...getting rid of N & chlorophyll gives best chance for great taste. Sounds like you're going to have a great harvest...keep up the good work.:thumb: Lots of pics on my journal if you have time & want to see soil mix in action. :Namaste:

FullSizeRender_4_18.jpg

More issues at 50 days flowering. A few plants on select branches show dropping leaves, like it's thirsty.
FullSizeRender_5_12.jpg

I cut the branch and the stem is hollow. Some are more hollow than others (almost like a straw) The outside of the stem shows tan discoloration. I've used Actinovate from early on thinking it was fulsarium wilt.
FullSizeRender_3_23.jpg

Some strains, in the 'yellowing' leaves have alot of purple in them. they don't show the normal fade to pale yellow.
IMG_262311.JPG

I trimmed off all the fading fan leaves.
Still waiting for some signs of amber on the trichomes before I start harvesting. That is if I can hold off the mold

BL - I'm at Mother Nature's whim, North County San Diego coastal. Been the craziest summer weather. Ever!. Today: 90 and humid. Normally we get hot dry winds at this time of year. It may even rain tomorrow. I've had two fans running 24/7 for the past month in the hoop house - it's covered by mosquito netting. The branches with the hollow stems - if I let those branches go, once they show the wilt- they just brown out and die. Still getting new white pistils on the more sativa oriented strains. The Agent Orange is almost all red hairs, but still no amber trich's. Sampled one bud, tasty, but I'm trying to get the 'stoniness' factor up. Thanks for the soil recipe. where do I find microbes? Your grow looks great. That's the bar I'm aiming for.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom