Gitgud's Lemon Skunk GHS Indoor Grow - 2016

Gitgud

Hey there,

to start off, some basic info:
What strain is it? Lemon Skunk from Greenhouse, one plant started from seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 50/50
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Flower stage... For how long? About 3 weeks into flower, after about 6 weeks of veg
Indoor or outdoor? Grow tent (1m x 1m x 2m)
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Gardening store flower soil, organic, with added perlite
If soil... What size pot? about 40l (I know it's overkill, but I wanted to be safe for the first try)
Size of light? 400W HPS
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? High 20s, sometimes into the 30s, I cool with frozen water bottles in front of the circulation fan
RH of Room/cab? Unknown, I mist 2/3 times a day when it's hot
PH of media or res? Not tested
Any Pests ? None so far
How often are you watering? When the first 3/4 cm top soil are dry, which is roughly every 4 days
Type and strength of ferts used? So far only tomato fertilizer was used in minute quantities, on two occasions since switching to flower. Plant was repotted into the big container in the last week of veg, to allow it to draw nutes from soil.

So, now that this is out of the way, onto the written description.

Let me start off with a pic of the old girl:
CyX9uBt.jpg

Close up of one of the buds:
HiLQxrD.jpg

And a pic of her around 3 weeks ago, a few days after re-potting:
oI1bnRV.jpg

Before I begin, I want to say this is my first grow - I was inspired during my travels by the "Plantum" out of Nimbin, NSW, who told me "the quicker you learn to plantum, the sooner you won't have to buy off the dickhead across the street", and that stuck with me :)

So she started out as the only survivor out of a 3 pack of seeds, first to sprout and went through veg without any problems. I accidentally topped her while LSTing and lost another main branch when repotting, beginner's mistakes I guess.

I have low stress trained her, as well as used some defoliation to allow more light to penetrate to the lower parts. All in all, I'm quite proud of what I've managed so far, but I'm here to get help from those who already have experience, so any and all tips are welcome.

As far as questions from my side go: What difference in terms of yield or quality can I expect between a) not fertilizing b) continuing with the tomato fertilizer when needed c) switching to a special Cannabis fertilizer. Also, what's up with bloom boosters? Aren't they basically just the P and K out of an NPK fertilizer?
The whole topic of fertilizer has me a bit scared, I don't want to risk any problems with nutrient burn seeing as, for now, this is my only plant.

I will update as the grow continues, or further questions come to mind, in the meantime, any and all input is welcome :)

I like the way she looks.
I had 5 outta ten survive, growing outdoors.
My first grow too. Keeping it low maintenance until I get a grip on the
growing. I'm learning too.

That bud pic was taken a few days ago when the first buds started to appear, now they are beginning to get bigger, but only a little. I think the leaf removal and late re-potting might have slowed her down a little, but the flowering stretch is now over and I'm hoping to see rapid development.

I've also considered switching to 11 hours of light and 13 hours of darkness, having noticed that the flower development appears to happen overnight, and have read some reports that seem to support this, but also others that claimed it doesn't work or might affect potency negatively. Do any of you have experience with this?

Edit: This is an example of what the buds look like now, on average
DgVfxq6.jpg

I believe there's 3 days between the pictures, I'll see how the buds are developing tomorrow and update. But yeah, this is somewhat the reason for my question on fertilizer, my first instinct would be do give them a good feeding, however seeing as how the leaves are still growing well and show no signs of a deficiency (to my untrained eye), I don't want to mess about.

I'm on my first grow. About 5 1/2 weeks into flower, a lot has happened in the last 3 weeks for me and I've read a lot will happen in my next 3 or 4 weeks.

Yours do seem small for 3 weeks but I think your right she might be shocked a bit from the repot but I'm sure she will bounce back and just take a few more weeks than normal.

I used fish emulsion and kelp extract for about my entire grow and molasses, been holding off on molasses for a few weeks now and about to feed them just molasses and water from now on. Mine is a half ass organic grow, I should have added a few more fertilizers but I'm a noob.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Since I'm still waiting for the lady to wake up, here's a pic from two years ago to the day, somewhere in a field near Chefchaouen, Morrocco
F1gnXw5.jpg

But the reason I'm posting is, a question popped up and google doesn't really give a helpful answer. I'm wondering from what day the "flowering" is counted. So, having started the 12/12 cycle about 3 weeks ago, am I really into the third week of flowering? Or do I count starting yesterday, which is when the real flower growth (as opposed to single calyxes appearing) started?

I know that the breeder finishing time isn't exact and inspecting the trichs is the way to go, but I'd like to know if it's another five/six weeks until harvest, or the whole eight or longer.

Cheers!

Quick update: The old girl is really starting flower development now. I will test with 11.5/12.5 light cycle for two weeks, and then try to switch to 11/13 for the remainder.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom