GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

The buds are better and better frosty, I can't wait to see the final result:cheer:

Day 34!!!!

420-magazine-mobile1003424483.jpg

420-magazine-mobile744333445.jpg

420-magazine-mobile421842362.jpg

420-magazine-mobile80849362.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1527004856.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1519353069.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1657398820.jpg

420-magazine-mobile644432847.jpg

420-magazine-mobile674152252.jpg

So, I am sitting here looking at 10 new seedlings, non feminized.

I'm a rookie so maybe I am talking insanity but bear with me......

Rather than veggin them out for 2 months to find out half are males, wouldn't it be easier just to flip to 12/12 asap, clone the females , and then move forward without worry? I'm not even high yet and this seems to be a logical move.

Or plan B, I just let them run their course and pull clones from the females whenever that may be.

Yeah Mr. White, Science!

Rather than veggin them out for 2 months to find out half are males, wouldn't it be easier just to flip to 12/12 asap, clone the females , and then move forward without worry? I'm not even high yet and this seems to be a logical move.

Or plan B, I just let them run their course and pull clones from the females whenever that may be.

Yeah Mr. White, Science!

Woken boke, had some cups of coffee, and started googling. Here is my answer:

The best way to acquire a mother plant is to grow one out from seed. But the only way to determine the sex of the plant without flowering it (unless it's grown from feminized seeds) is to root a cutting from the plant and then flower out the clone. In this scenario, the mother plant remains under 18 to 20 hours of light per day, while the rooted clone is placed in a separate flowering area under a 12-hours-on/12-hours-off light schedule.

Boom! AC/DC x 1969Skunk , Purple Hindenburg Mom coming right up!
Best start a new journal!

Yeah Mr. White, Science!

How bout you grow them up, takes clones, then flower the clones.

420-magazine-mobile682482966.jpg

Day 36, week 6

Black Jesus- 55 day flower
OG Kush- 55-60 day flower

Getting so close!

Did the pinch and finger smell this morning. Good god, I can't, the smell! It's nasty!

Biggest cola in the tent belongs to Black Jesus OG. It's funnny. This plant is in the back corner of the tent. Its so hard to get to because the dumbass who set up this tent put the left side of it against the wall not knowing I would need to get in from that side!! It's been a pain in my ass the entire grow. Now look at her! I am 6'2, 275lb, and my hand will not go around this thing!!! I pull on it and you can feel the mass of this thing!!! Incredible!

420-magazine-mobile2028826067.jpg

Better pic of here watching over the garden! Gorgeous!
420-magazine-mobile55907789.jpg

420-magazine-mobile360407778.jpg

I haven't asked, because I feel it's about the journey, the learning, and the process, not about the yield and that's how I have managed this. As we get closer though I can't help but think, how much is this going to yield? I don't have any baseline or comparison and you can't really compare to someone's else grow. Too many variables. Anyhas......I need 5oz. That will get me to my next harvest.

Is that too optimistic or am I sandbagging?

Happy Sunday! Be safe!

Re: GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

Day 36, week 6
I haven't asked, because I feel it's about the journey, the learning, and the process, not about the yield and that's how I have managed this. As we get closer though I can't help but think, how much is this going to yield? I don't have any baseline or comparison and you can't really compare to someone's else grow. Too many variables. Anyhas......I need 5oz. That will get me to my next harvest.

Happy Sunday! Be safe!

I have been noticing a lot of people are getting close to 1 gram per 1 actual watt of power. For me I have been making estimates based on the wattage of a persons grow, the % of space filled, they type of grow medium and feed, and general look of the buds.

Your plants look solid and healthy. I would estimate that you should get between .85 and .95 grams per real watt. So since the 1200 is about 475 actual watts...you can get up to 400 grams, or 14.4 ounces. Thats how I have been ballparking estimates of other peoples grows lol. Now if you want to hedge your bets and say because this this is your first grow, that you only will get .5 gram a watt, that is still 8.5 ounces of dried top shelf cannabis!

Will know the final results about one or two weeks, I'm not good at guess, will wait your update:cheesygrinsmiley:
Your beauties look really awesome, the yields will not bad:thumb:

Day 36, week 6

Black Jesus- 55 day flower
OG Kush- 55-60 day flower

Getting so close!

Did the pinch and finger smell this morning. Good god, I can't, the smell! It's nasty!

Biggest cola in the tent belongs to Black Jesus OG. It's funnny. This plant is in the back corner of the tent. Its so hard to get to because the dumbass who set up this tent put the left side of it against the wall not knowing I would need to get in from that side!! It's been a pain in my ass the entire grow. Now look at her! I am 6'2, 275lb, and my hand will not go around this thing!!! I pull on it and you can feel the mass of this thing!!! Incredible!

420-magazine-mobile2028826067.jpg

Better pic of here watching over the garden! Gorgeous!
420-magazine-mobile55907789.jpg

420-magazine-mobile360407778.jpg

Happy Sunday! Be safe!

I have been noticing a lot of people are getting close to 1 gram per 1 actual watt of power. For me I have been making estimates based on the wattage of a persons grow, the % of space filled, they type of grow medium and feed, and general look of the buds.

Your plants look solid and healthy. I would estimate that you should get between .85 and .95 grams per real watt. So since the 1200 is about 475 actual watts...you can get up to 400 grams, or 14.4 ounces. Thats how I have been ballparking estimates of other peoples grows lol. Now if you want to hedge your bets and say because this this is your first grow, that you only will get .5 gram a watt, that is still 8.5 ounces of dried top shelf cannabis!

This made me all different kinds of tingly! Thanks brother!

Your plants are huge! Dont forget to keep your trim too, all the edibles... Im starting to enjoy the edibles, a lot! You'll have enough, dont worry.

Don't forget?! Dude, that trim is going straight to the crock pot with some budda!!!

Let's not forget that scissor hash too!

My Mars 1200 pulls 550w from the wall, I think the owners manual says 530 to 560w. If your light pulls the same as mine then that would bring that estimate on up lol. Your plants look awesome by the way and I believe you will get alot more than 5oz from them ladies, great job.✌️

PS
This is Tom Smith I just changed my screen name lol

My Mars 1200 pulls 550w from the wall, I think the owners manual says 530 to 560w. If your light pulls the same as mine then that would bring that estimate on up lol. Your plants look awesome by the way and I believe you will get alot more than 5oz from them ladies, great job..✌️

PS
This is Tom Smith I just changed my screen name lol

Hey Tom! Thanks man!

I don't know if it's a good idea to give any nutrients yet, your plants are in the early stages so won't have much of a root system to actually uptake food in that way. Mist your plants with ph'd water and a bit of root stimulant, seedlings feed more through their leaves at the beginning of their life. It helps to have a higher humidity as the leaves can absorb moisture too. I'm sure there's someone on here who can explain it in a more scientific way than me but I think I'm on the right sort of path!

Hey mine are about 2 and a half weeks old and I just started feeding them nut I gave them half of what was recommended by fox farm

Don't forget?! Dude, that trim is going straight to the crock pot with some budda!!!

Let's not forget that scissor hash too!

I'm not sure how many plants you have going, I've done a few plants now and can't imagine how much cutting will need to be done before you're able to make scissor hash.

Back
Top Bottom