Gleipnir's 1st Grow Attempt

Thanks everyone for the answers to this puzzling question. :Namaste: I did a little of my own research and I believe it might be something called Anthocyanin (Anthocyanin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The same stuff that makes blueberries blue. Apparently depending on the ph level it can take other colors as well.

Richly concentrated as pigments in berries, anthocyanins were the topics of research presented at a 2007 symposium on health benefits that may result from berry consumption. Laboratory-based evidence was provided to demonstrate potential health effects against:

>cancer
>aging and neurological diseases
>inflammation
>diabetes
>bacterial infections
>fibrocystic disease

I wanted a plant to make edibles from, guess mother nature answered my plea aye?

Anyways here are some pictures of my babies today:

20130614_111303.jpg

^^^
Purple ooze plant
20130614_111242.jpg

20130614_111235.jpg

^^^
Plant with funky looking leafs is the problem one that fainted and had crumpled fan leafs.

*Been working on getting those bottom stems up to the canopy level. They are getting there slowly but surely.

*Sadly I'm almost positive that middle one is a male. It's pretty tall, but the main stem isn't any where near as thick as the others and it refuses to grow more branches at the nodes.

*Also working on making that side room (door in closet that goes under 2 floors of stairs.) Into a perma veg room for a mother plant, so I can clone that purple oozer.

*I hate to toot my own horn, but I think for a total and absolute noobie I'm doing pretty good. :p :peace:

@CA215 - Man I hope I can pull off a good grow with those seeds. I know that strain is made for outdoors, but I bet I can tame it in my 7ft tall closet.

I reckon your right on with the purple ozze.when you finish the plant flush it heavily and give it a coold shock(if you want) just before you pick for one day and I but the blue /purp notes come straight into the head leaf. Great color will result I bet.

Thanks for the reps guys. Glad I could help someone in pain.
Spread the word on the CBD extraction issue, would love an answer

Your doing well my friend. Basically, coold/frost will stop a plants production and force it to try and finish, to make seeds and drop them, depending on the growth stage, certainly in the last week or so. You could use aircon if its summer or not could outside. I saw a very large crop on used tube that just stopped heading and went off from one night leaving the extraction fans on all night in a denver winter. Big mistake!
It's just a thing we do, experimentation!
Weed is defiantly one of the most loved and studied plants there is. Especially in the world of nutrients and hydroponics. The money we spend on loving our plants is outrages. My ex wife's will testify to that! Although we could all learn a lot from the Heirloom veg growing fraternity. The companion planting and the like. They are into their s~hit.
Anyway, try it. Nutes, cold and genetics all play a hand in great clor, oh and Brix.

i believe your photographed area looks like a female pre flower. if you see a white pistil grow from it then it is a female, if it grows small round sacks then it is a male.

here are male female cannabis plants

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but some of my bottom leaves are turning light yellow/green and it looks like they want some more nitrogen. They are guzzling water every 2 days now and I'm worried the natural neuts in the soil are running low due to the constant watering. So what products should I look into to give them some more nitrogen? I'm looking at bloodmeal right now... Probably going to need a ph upper too as bloodmeal drops the ph down and the current ph level is perfect.

I think you know my choice.

Ordered some Blue Planet Nutrients trio pack for my second grow. Need to support the supporters of this site yo. Also grabbed a bottle of House & Garden - Nitrogen Boost to use for now. Hope they get to my dead drop before it spreads to far :(

So got up today and opened my closet to check on my babies. This is what greeted me:

20130618_162049.jpg

They are filling out really well now, plan to look for pre flowers later today.

Spent the morning clearing the bottoms of small leaves on the branches to increase air flow. I have no clue what to prune and what not to prune on the upper branches to help increase light flow so I leave them be for now. I also took the time to buy a new nesco food dehydrator. I pulled the heat element out of the bugger so now it's a glorified 4 pan, fan chamber to dry leaves for smokin'

:blunt:

Now if you will excuse me I'm going to smoke some dried cannabis leaf/peppermint/lemon balm/citrus mint/sage mix. It's a 2 : 3 : 4 : 1 : 1 mix and it smokes awesome.... I throw in some dried coleus leaves :)7 is the ratio), but be careful this plant's effects are very much related to the Mexican salvia divinorum plant (not the extract version). This is my personal smoking blend for now and I love it...

:tokin:

with defoliation just remember we are only trying to remove the lower fan leaves and any leaves that shade bud sites. some techiches go beyond that such as mainlining.

here are some youtube videos to get you familiar with defoliation.

https://www.youtube.com search cannabis defoliation

with defoliation just remember we are only trying to remove the lower fan leaves and any leaves that shade bud sites. some techiches go beyond that such as mainlining.

here are some youtube videos to get you familiar with defoliation.

https://www.youtube.com search cannabis defoliation

I'm sorry King but would totally not recommend defoliation at all for almost any reason. The fan leaves are the main power house to the branch connected/above them. They are the energy giver! To defoliate to get rid of tip shade is only hurting the branch above to TRY and help the branch below, makes no sense. The leaves are there for a very good reason. You could however remove dieting leaves as they will drop anyway.
Defoliation is the worst possible method for opening up a plant.
In my humble opinion.

I'm sorry King but would totally not recommend defoliation at all for almost any reason. The fan leaves are the main power house to the branch connected/above them. They are the energy giver! To defoliate to get rid of tip shade is only hurting the branch above to TRY and help the branch below, makes no sense. The leaves are there for a very good reason. You could however remove dieting leaves as they will drop anyway.
Defoliation is the worst possible method for opening up a plant.
In my humble opinion.

I'm sorry, again, King ans Gle. It seams there is a lot of difference of opinion on this sit on defoliation. I think you should decide for yourmself. Here's some info I was given. I'm experimenting now. Would hate to be missing out on waight.
Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?
Cheers

Sorry for the hiatus. I don't like cutting fan leaves period because that stores all the goodies the plant needs for flowering. So I'm just going to let them be for now. Also will have a worker over to help me install a new washer and dryer so these babies will be in veg for another 3-4 weeks. I'm going to be topping and super cropping the snot out of em' to keep the height down. Hopefully this will make them monsters!

Anyways I just wanted to say I really appreciate everyone's help and compliments It means a lot to an old guy like me

:circle-of-love:

Hi Gleipnir and Mrs. Your girls look awesome.:thumb: Wow another 3-4 weeks veg will make them trees by the time they are done. Monsters indeed!:cheesygrinsmiley:
Interesting defoliation discussion. I tried to defoliate my girls at flower day 21 but after 2 hours I'd only given myself a headache. Had such a hard time deciding what should go and what should stay. In the end out of the 9 plants I took a total of 6 leaves off- LOL.:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

No I haven't been busted. I have been replacing every floor in my house with wood. Installing a new ac unit and some carbon scrubbers :p

I have been so busy with my house and farm I haven't had time to hop on the forums. Anyways I topped and super cropped my babies today. They haven't shown any pre-flowers, but they must be getting close as they all have tons of alternating branches.

So far they still have 2 weeks or so left in veg. This is what they look like!

20130629_155134.jpg

Ignore the yellowing, after applying a 20-9-8 food the progressiveness of the yellowing has halted. So it's back to business as usual.

I got all my lower branches mostly to the top canopy and so i have 5 or 6 main cola holders on each plant. I plan to up that number by topping more...

Each plant is nearly 2 feet tall now! Glad I have a 7ft closet... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom