Glimmer Grows More Autos - Blue Dream - Amnesia & Dark Devil In Coco With MH/LEDs

Those are some frosty nugs for a sativa and Im chopping 1 of my girls as well right now

Trans Siberian
20160211_130803.jpg
20160211_131817.jpg

Nice little haul. Congrats on another successful grow glimmer. I'm about to chop my eldest tomorrow or Friday. I'll do a bud wash, thanks for the quick tutorial. Can't wait to get my fingers sticky with trichs. This is Very helpful journal, thanks my dear.

You're most welcome, Snid! I'm very excited about your harvest -- it's a special time, for sure.

Glimmergrass omg that dark devil looks alien sexy can't wait 2 see ur harvest & smoke report!!
Good haul on the blue dream that looks like a winner too add to my list well done ma'am :)

Thanks, Squeektoi (love your name :)) -- yeah, she's pretty sexy. I am looking forward to trimming and curing and SMOKING her! The Blue Dream was a total lady to grow -- so polite and well-mannered :)

Those are some frosty nugs for a sativa and Im chopping 1 of my girls as well right now

That's a GORGEOUS cola, sir! Wow! You are doing wonderful work, Baxter!

FLOWERING UPDATE -- DAY 78 from sprouting

Things continue fine in the tent -- both the Amnesia and the Dark Devil are using up the energy in their fan leaves and moving towards harvest. I'll take some trichome shots tomorrow.

AMNESIA XXL
IMG_6851_2.JPG

One of the main colas:

IMG_6853_2.JPG
IMG_6855_2.JPG
IMG_68564.JPG

The two headed twin cola -- this I'm going to weigh all on its own -- I'm so curious about it! Can't wait to trim it and really understand the structure of this siamese flower :)

IMG_6857_2.JPG

DARK DEVIL

Ah, I love her. I photographed her and was looking at the shots afterwards, and was amazed by the colour of the final few shots. No photo editing, just the way the light was hitting her. She's got something going on right now that I've noticed in a couple of other examples -- as the fan leaves fade to lime green, the contrast with the purple is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. What an honour it is to grow this plant.

IMG_6860_2.JPG
IMG_6861_2.JPG
IMG_6863_2.JPG
IMG_68655.JPG
IMG_6866_2.JPG
IMG_6867_2.JPG

WOW! That's wonderful! Congrats on a really outstanding yield!

Your amnesia xxl is making me want to get mine going asap but I have 4 girls in the tent now and I have some monster yielders next in line. I think Im gonna run the Amnesia with my 2 free northern lights beans. And that Dark Devil is so Beautiful it is already on my list of strains to order.

Your amnesia xxl is making me want to get mine going asap but I have 4 girls in the tent now and I have some monster yielders next in line. I think Im gonna run the Amnesia with my 2 free northern lights beans. And that Dark Devil is so Beautiful it is already on my list of strains to order.

I know, eh? :) I have SO many strains I want to grow but not enough room for them all! I would love to see the fat colas you'd produce with the Amnesia -- she really needs someone who can push her, which isn't me :)

Your DD is amazing to say the least, since I cooked my auto tent at 107F by mistake everything has been stunted and not going to produce well. I will be doing another DD run once these poor girls do thier thing.

Oh, no! Cooked! I'm so sorry to hear that. I left my heater on too high one evening by accident and my husband (who graciously allows the tent to be in his office room) came in to tell me that it was really warm in the room and should the tent be at 93F? I FREAKED! It was tropical beyond belief in there and had been for a couple of hours and lord knows what it did to my girls, but it's so easy for it to happen!

But stunted isn't dead, so there's that -- I hope they recover and you get some hot bud out of it :) (Trying to make a joke but I know it's really hard to have hurt ones plants ...)

Oh, no! Cooked! I'm so sorry to hear that. I left my heater on too high one evening by accident and my husband (who graciously allows the tent to be in his office room) came in to tell me that it was really warm in the room and should the tent be at 93F? I FREAKED! It was tropical beyond belief in there and had been for a couple of hours and lord knows what it did to my girls, but it's so easy for it to happen!

But stunted isn't dead, so there's that -- I hope they recover and you get some hot bud out of it :) (Trying to make a joke but I know it's really hard to have hurt ones plants ...)

When I was running HPS lights in a 2x4 tent, I always battled 90+ F days always and over 100 occasionally. I am not suggesting it but it doesn't usually cause death. Now 107F is really getting up there for sure and may be just past a line Lots of fans sure help though. I wonder if they get used to a temp and you way exceed it suddenly if it is a bigger deal than if they see 95F everyday.

Just thinking out loud. Ignore me.
Bob ;)

No not dead but damn near,I have a fan/heater combo and I turned on the heat instead of the fan, it was 107F for about 6 hours............ I was devastated for a few days but then I started to see pistils popping out and they have recovered but will never come close to the full potential they once had.

Hot bud will be better then no bud for sure :thumb:

Oh my , That Amnesia and DD Wow , me got to grow sum of them .
Glimmer i'm in love with your nugs:goodjob:

Thanks so much, sonic :)

When I was running HPS lights in a 2x4 tent, I always battled 90+ F days always and over 100 occasionally. I am not suggesting it but it doesn't usually cause death. Now 107F is really getting up there for sure and may be just past a line Lots of fans sure help though. I wonder if they get used to a temp and you way exceed it suddenly if it is a bigger deal than if they see 95F everyday.

Just thinking out loud. Ignore me.
Bob ;)

That's interesting, Bob. Earlier in my grow I was keeping my temps higher than usual -- between 85 and 89 -- and the plants seemed to like it! It's cooler now as we come towards harvest, but I had been reading some interesting things about temps.

Gonna try to make some purple hash glimmer? :)

OH YEAH! I googled "purple hash" the other day and, after wading through too many artful photos of people making hash browns with purple potatoes, found a few amazing pics of balls of purple hash. Damn!

No not dead but damn near,I have a fan/heater combo and I turned on the heat instead of the fan, it was 107F for about 6 hours............ I was devastated for a few days but then I started to see pistils popping out and they have recovered but will never come close to the full potential they once had.

Hot bud will be better then no bud for sure :thumb:

Absolutely, my dear! Woo hoo! We live and learn, and as long as we come out of it with a lesson and a little bud we get to be better growers, I think :)

Couple of little updates:

I've had a couple of pieces of extremely good professional news in the last few days, and to celebrate I went to my favourite head shop and splurged a bit on a RYOT shaker box:

IMG_68754.JPG

A very good looking piece of kit. This is the small, the 5 x 3 inch one, and I really like it. Beautifully made -- rare earth magnets hold it together and it's just classy as all hell. Much classier than me :)

I tossed in some over-dried Afghani and some of my own Early Miss and poked it around for a while:
IMG_68766.JPG

And this is the kief I collected from just a couple of grams: between the RYOT box and my grinder, I'm going to experiment with making a little hash!

IMG_68794.JPG

Baby Bubble Kush didn't make it, sadly. She emerged from the soil and that was it -- maybe she didn't have enough energy to get any further.

The others are going well -- my Dark Devil #2 just poked up out of the soil so we're off to the races!

Trichomes later, I hope ...

Back
Top Bottom