GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

It's a little bittersweet seeing this grow come to an end, Glimmer :Namaste:

It's amazing how quickly time passes and we're on to the next grow :theband:

I'm looking forward to see how great these ladies turned out. They're looking great :bravo: If you're like me, you'll feel a bit hesitant to cut them down, but it's gotta get done!

I had everything laid out the night before. Little strips of twine with slip knots to hang the washed branches from the clothes drying rack, set up on a sheet to protect the rug. The buckets of water were all set to go. At that time we were using a hot wash, followed by a room temp and then cold, so I had the room temp one set and the others in place. The clippers were placed next to the twine slips.

I started at the crack of dawn, working in the dark, and pushed myself to have all her branches cut and strung, ready for the wash, before the sun fully broke above the horizon.

The air was charged with excitement. Dale was in the nursing home and I was alone, such an unexpected turn of events, so I had a sense of urgency, needing to get done and get to his side. But I took the time to enjoy it as much as I could, and it's beautifully documented for me here. Any time I want to re-live it I can go there and be right back in that sweet moment.

There is no harvest so special. You only have one shot at it. Make it sparkle Glimmer. Document the hell out of it and share that excitement through the post. You're quite capable of translating that passion through your posts. You do it all the time. I look forward to being there with you, and in being able to re-live yours the same way I can my own.

Thank you for helping me remember that. :circle-of-love: I gotta run, but I'll be back. :love:

Thanks so much, Sue -- that was moving and lovely and inspired me to do this next part truly mindfully.

SCYLLA's HARVEST and BUD WASHING - on her 12th week birthday -- sprouted above ground Wednesday August 26, cut down Wednesday November 18

Scylla before -- early morning (well, early morning for me :)
IMG_62087.JPG

Pre harvest supplies -- Love Potion and my trusty vape! (Best strain I could imagine to describe my feelings for Scylla)
IMG_62107.JPG

from left to right: compostable trim (necrotic and fan leaves) water, lemon and baking soda, water (these, of course, are in the wrong order -- you wash with lemon and baking soda FIRST then two rinses :))
IMG_62118.JPG

First cut! I actually made the cut, of course, with shears because the stem was too tough to cut with my fiskars :) It was easy to cut her, actually. I thought it would be hard, but I think it was the right time, and we all have our seasons, don't we? I took great care and marvelled at every bit of her along the way
IMG_62128.JPG

branch before:
IMG_62138.JPG

budwashing:
IMG_62149.JPG

In dishpan, ready to take to the shower to hang up to drip dry
IMG_62159.JPG

So frosty! I was amazed at the amount of trichomes on the undersides of things
IMG_62224.JPG

branch before rough trim (just removing necrotic material and large fan leaves I don't want to make butter out of)
IMG_62259.JPG

branch after rough trim:
IMG_622611.JPG

branch after bud wash
IMG_62277.JPG

Scylla's remains. See the big curve right at the soil line? That's because I didn't plant the seed deeply enough and she fell over, remember? Scylla was the one I topped -- I harvested those two colas first, but there were others just as big. On the stem you can also see where I (TWICE) pulled too hard, too late in her growth, trying to open up the undergrowth through LST -- because she was too old and the stem was too strong, the stem split, for about two inches, right at the node I was pulling. But I lashed her up and she healed just fine and made it to harvest! Lesson: these plants are damned strong. Then I did it again.
IMG_62325.JPG

This is all of Scylla, hanging up in the shower, dripping dry. I'm going to let her drip for a day then trim, then I'll weigh her wet.
IMG_62346.JPG

And here's a box I've prepared for the drying.
IMG_62334.JPG

Now, to check Charybdis, to see if I can find amber on her! She was always at least a day or two behind her big sister :)

My dearest love to all of you, who have followed along so far! I truly could not have given her the care she needed to get herself to harvest without your advice, good energy and love

:circle-of-love:

:woohoo: Budwashing? Never heard that before. G'morning glimmer, hope t he harvest went smoother than expected!

Morning, Mello! It went really well, thank you for asking!

I'm kinda glad I don't have more than two plants, though -- this is work!

Budwashing - Another technique handed down by Doc Bud and followed by many. Makes sense to me -- I wash produce before I eat it and I have four cats and have seen cat hair on my plants :) Here's the original thread -- Bud Washing There have been adjustments made to the technique as described by the OP -- people aren't using hot water any more :)

Oh man you wouldn't believe how many branch breakings I did. I think as log as you tape it up or secure it to how it was before, you're usually in the clear. But I have also experienced some bad moments in breaking a branch. After I broke a branch one time, I secured it how it was but inside the break an infection started which resulted in the demise of a good plant. Sad...sad day.

Anyway!

Those buds look amazing. I think you did the flush perfect on that plant. That's exactly what I think it should look like by he end of the flush. Mostly mortiferous fan leaves with barely any full green ones.

I applaude you on this grow! Great job!:Namaste:

Thanks Glim, I'll take a looksy soon!

Congrats on the first grow and harvest GG. I remember seeing those girls back in September and now look what you were able to do. Much respect and I look forward to the next journal. :thumb:

Oh man you wouldn't believe how many branch breakings I did. I think as log as you tape it up or secure it to how it was before, you're usually in the clear. But I have also experienced some bad moments in breaking a branch. After I broke a branch one time, I secured it how it was but inside the break an infection started which resulted in the demise of a good plant. Sad...sad day.

Anyway!

Those buds look amazing. I think you did the flush perfect on that plant. That's exactly what I think it should look like by he end of the flush. Mostly mortiferous fan leaves with barely any full green ones.

I applaude you on this grow! Great job!:Namaste:

Thanks, Grouchy! Thanks for your stories about breaking branches - of course there must be some that get infected. So sad. When it first happened, I just couldn't believe my eyes. I sat and stared at the break for a full minute, just aghast at what I had done. When I did it a second time, a node down, I was just really pissed at myself :)

Soo you did lemon juice & baking soda mixed with room temp water and then rinse room temp water twice? Correct GG ?

The last water rinse was cooler than the other two.

Congrats on the first grow and harvest GG. I remember seeing those girls back in September and now look what you were able to do. Much respect and I look forward to the next journal. :thumb:

Thanks, OG! It's been amazing!

awsome work glimmer well done. enjoy the fruits of ur harvest;):goodjob::thumb::volcano-smiley::high-five:

Aw, beast, thank you so much, man!

Great job GG. This is sweet. :yahoo::party::party::yahoo::yummy::party:

MJ! Thank you for your comments!

I trimmed Scylla's buds tonight after they dried for 10 hours after the bud washing.

Wet trimmed the bud came to 244.15 g -- at 24% I hope to get about 58 g or 2 ounces dry!
IMG_62455.JPG

Trim came to 66.22 g
IMG_62466.JPG

Here's a bud -- manicuring bud is fun, and I really enjoyed getting to know the structure of the plant better. It's so complex, it's amazing. However, as the trim went on, I definitely decided more and more bud was popcorn and consigned it to the trim container :)
IMG_62437.JPG

And here's Scylla drying in the box!
IMG_624810.JPG

Back
Top Bottom