Global Rallies To Free 'Prince of Pot' Marc Emery, Stop Bill S-10

MedicalNeed

Toronto - Rallies occurred around the world to protest the five-year prison sentence of the "Prince of Pot" Marc Emery. Protests took place in Toronto, Berlin, Antarctica, Vancouver, Oslo and other areas around the globe.

Last week, Canadian marijuana activist Marc Emery was sentenced by a United States District Court Judge to five years in prison on drug distribution charges. The U.S. federal judge recommended that the 52-year-old Emery be allowed to serve his time in Canada.

On Saturday, rallies were held worldwide to protest the imprisonment of Emery, according to Cannabis Culture. Majority of the protests were held in front of U.S. and Canadian Consulates/Embassies demanding that Emery be sent back to Canada and released immediately.

In Canada, the rallies also urged people to stop bill S-10, which contains mandatory minimum sentence laws, including 9 months for 6 marijuana plants and 18 months for making one marijuana cookie. This bill is expected to cost billions of dollars.

Protests have been scheduled all over the world in Europe, Australia, Asia, North America and even Antarctica.

In the meantime, Emery has been posting prison blogs. “The Prince of Pot’s” latest blog was published on Monday:

“We have huge support to have me transferred back to Canada! We have dozens of elected politicians signing a joint letter to Vic Toews urging my repatriation, including MPs, Mayors, Councillors, MLAs, and Senators,” wrote Emery. “Toews has received over a thousand letters so far since August 1st and I know he will get several hundred more. We must urge everyone to send in a letter to him urging my immediate approval of my transfer under the treaty that obligates the Canadian government to bring me back.”

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed:420 MAGAZINE
Source:National News, National Information, National Events - Examiner.com | Examiner.com
Author: Andrew Moran
Copyright: Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a
Website:Global rallies to free 'Prince of Pot' Marc Emery, stop Bill S-10 - Toronto headlines | Examiner.com

What the heck happened to Canada, S-10 what is that? Canada needs to get these fools out of they're government.......Oh wait we have fools in ours too and way to many.....Tea Party anyone?

We need to spread the word about This magical plant talk to your friends, neighbors, and especially prohibitionists help them understand these people have nearly a century of lies to overcome!

Free Marc Emery NOW !!!!

"OFERCRISSAKES!!!" J. O'Neill SGC

I'm 55 and tired of all this political bullshit over pot. I have been waiting for America to grow the F up but I just see us growing more fat and lazy.

My VA Doctor even gave a positive response when I mentioned pot over Ambien for insomnia. Too bad it's off the record.

It's pot. There is no reason for the insanity.

Back
Top Bottom