globules?

sugarpistol

I doubt they are a problem, but what the heck are these? They appear to be bubbles of amber liquid? Oil? Resin, perhaps? Any ideas?

globules.png

unless a bug was sucking on that spot I've never seen anything like it

I did see one beetle yesterday, it was shaped kind of like a miniature ladybug but was tan, black, and white. I should have gotten a photo before I pulled him out and mooshed him! Like this guy:

Which appears to be a varied carpet beetle. Never heard of such a thing, never seen one before!

I've seen no other bugs of any kind, and aside from this stuff and a bit of burn from getting too close to the lights, I'm having no problems. Hmmm.

I'm having the same problem with the little amber things. I've had them on my mommas since day 1. I have not found any bugs or anything either but would love to know what it comes from.

Pappawheelie

I'm having the same problem with the little amber things. I've had them on my mommas since day 1. I have not found any bugs or anything either but would love to know what it comes from.

Pappawheelie

I'm still at a loss! I found one more today. They've only been on the one plant, and I've counted four total. The first one I found I tried to get a look at with my scope and ended up "popping" it, hahaha. OOPS. What strain(s) are your ladies?

I found those randomly on my last grow also. I believe its dry sap, from a bug bite (the same way a tree seals a wound). I dont really think the beetle did it, though i think some could and would. Aphids are more likely, but fairly easy to spot. A sucking bug would be my first guess, and scince you havent seen any I would also assume its a night time intruder. Perhaps put some sticky traps around the plants?
At the time I was having a small issue with thripes, and even though they are a "scraping" feeder rather than a "sucker", once they were dead I saw no more of the little ambers. Are there any very little white squirming things on top of your soil as you water or in the drip trey afterwords "breakdancing"?
I used predator nematodes, one application eliminated the issue completly.

Back
Top Bottom