Glycerin Saturation

srfbikrun3295

to whom it may concern;
i recently created a Marajuana Glycerin Tincture Solution. unfortunately i believe i used entirely too much Glycerin. does anyone have any suggestions on how to make my MGTS more concentrated w/o losing any potency from my homemade remedy.

i used the following ingredients:

7Grams MMJ
3 Oz Glycerin (food grade)

double boiler method of mixture into jar. jar placed into crock pot for 24 hrs. i didn't bring it to a boil. i kept it on low. once complete i strained it with a fine-mesh strainer. any suggestions are welcomed. i'm still a beginner as a canna-chef.

Glyserine is dilutable or with water or with alcohol. I use 55% rhum. If the taste is nasty for you, put it in your crock pot between 180 - 190 F. Alcohol will disparu and a little water will stay.
regards Denker

The reason people use glycerine is to avoid alcohole. ;)
Do NOT cook glycerine. There is no benefit in heating it.
Glycerine infusions are never as strong as cooking with butter, but can bring effective releaf.

This is what you do: Pour glycerine into a glass jar with tight sealing lid, about halfway full. Add bud, must be completely saturated. Keep jar out of direct light. Once a week rotate the jar to make sure contents are evenly distributed. You must let it sit at least three months. Then strain and enjoy.

I enjoy mine in a tall glass of lemonade. G/L
~Alizarin

So... You do not use your tincture sub-lingually? What would you consider a dosage quantity? I aim for 1mL/ dose... Its always evap'ed off to that.

BTW... Does glycerol/ glycerin/ prop. glycol evaporate off? Its the one thing that keeps me from using it...

Personally, 1mL of alcohol is so near nothing it doesn't concern me... For some reason using the solvent in which you speak worries me more... I'm sure its much more pleasant to injest however!.. How did you arrive at 7g/ 3oz as a saturation point? Because I've used much higher ratios before in my tinctures.. Not that it won't have a medical benefit at lower levels... I just like some "kick" to it.

Alizarin... Heating will increase the rate of cannabinoids dissolving in the solvent... Or you would do what you do, and let it sit for months. People do this with alcohol too (though at higher risk). Honestly, even if you aren't heating in your processing.. You should decarboxylate some portion of the cannabis before time... You can get a surprising potency from tinctures, it can rival edibles.. They do not have as lengthy a duration..

I do a long/ cold soak like you, Alizarin.. But once I get a nice job I'll order a lab hotplate/ stirrer and start making heated tinctures to compare with. Until then.. Its the long soak and shaking daily! If the heated 'shtuff isn't as good I'll stick to a long soak.. But still use the stirrer feature... Just hook it up to a timer.. :) I wana be lazy!

Back
Top Bottom