gnats?

cbgb

..in my little grow area i have noticed a couple of what looks like gnats. they fly around land on a leaf then fly away . there is no "bug" damage on the leafs that i can see. i read the sub forum but i do not think these are spider mites............ideas , thoughts ??? history : i just brought them indoors from a 6 week veg state ...in the northeast had to start the flowering indoors. any idea what this gnat type bug is ? harmful? i wonder if it came inside when i brought the plants indoors........thanks !!!

Re: gnats??

They coud be fungus gnats. put sticky traps out to catch the adut gnats and add a layer of sand on top of your soil too. the sand prevents them from laying eggs in the soils

u can use food grade Diatomaceous earth . it works great for many pest that want to land on your soil.

Get these things and gnats will go away...

Yellow sticky cards...place them all over your tent, especially in shaded areas where the gnats like to hang out...

mosquito dunks....crush up 1/2 dunk per 5 gallons of water and use for the next few feedings. Mosquito dunks are a bacteria that kills the larvae...

this should kill any gnats and keep them from reproducing. :)

I took some ground up coconut shell powder and put about an inch on the top layer of the pot. As it absorbed the excess moisture the gnats and eggs suffocated. I think they show up when there is too much water/moisture. The hanging fly traps/paper works good. I also wrapped one sticky strip around the top of the pot and got some more of the pesty critters.

thanks to all for your help especially oldhippie64 - sticky traps and a layer of play sand = no more gnat problem !!!!!

Re: gnats??

They coud be fungus gnats. put sticky traps out to catch the adut gnats and add a layer of sand on top of your soil too. the sand prevents them from laying eggs in the soils

*****thanks to all for your help especially oldhippie64 - sticky traps and a layer of play sand = no more gnat problem !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom