God's First Grow - COB & LED - Cuvee, Jack Skellington - SCROG

I have a humidifier in there, with lights off full time now I was able to turn down my exhaust, so that should help humidity a lot, hopefully I have no problems getting it into the 40's now :Namaste:

Cuvee moved into stage 2 today
420-magazine-mobile863866200.jpg

Filled an entire paper box....little disappointed in the buds themselves, very "airy" and leafy....but from everything I've learned over the past few months can't say I'm surprised.....also with the RH having been so low I'm wondering if she dried out too fast, few days in the box now then we'll trim and jar .

Smoked her today as well, for as airy and leafy as she was I was impressed, smooth enjoyable high, not nearly as hard hitting as I like, but a very nice smoke none the less .

JS looks great, her buds are definitely heavier and filled with more than just water like Cuvee was, couple days and I'll pinch something off her to smoke ...

420-magazine-mobile1736800789.jpg
420-magazine-mobile8320069.jpg
420-magazine-mobile723114907.jpg

Trimming up JS a bit, cutting it into long stalks and trimming the fan leaves off.....still moist, super super sticky like glue, however it's a very leafy plant....ill do my best to trim her up prior to jarring but it seems like layer after layer of leaf just covered to the tits with trichs .

420-magazine-mobile601880784.jpg
420-magazine-mobile830350871.jpg

That was a little top I cut off by mistake, will smoke it in a day or 2 .

Beautiful colors man, almost looks like a bubblegum machine lol

Congrats on a beautiful harvest! I can't imagine how happy you must be with those frosty nuggets of joy lol nice work man!

Enjoy your tasters ;P . . . .

So little update

JS been drying at a much better rate, will go onto stage 2 tomorrow

Cuvee, only time will tell with her lol....she's finally completely jarred up but she was so dry that after one day in the jar she turned the boveda packs into dry crystal .

She stinks, but she ain't as dry anymore, replaced the packs with new ones.....ill give her time and hopefully the smell comes around

So little update them I'm gonna do what I do best, ramble a bit! Lol

Got JS done into stage 2, trimmed up and smelling very very strong fruity terpene, really pleased with it. I let her dry a tad too much, nothing bad....I wanted to work on her yesterday, unfortunate set of circumstances though(thought I had salmonella poisoning) so had to delay her til today, only had time to finish working on Cuvee....but she's in her ventilated box now for a few days then she'll get jarred and set to cure :thumb:

Cuvee....well I spoke on her earlier in the morning after I finished jarring her up.....she's absorbed all the RH from those boveda packs and her smell is intense hay, so I've popped the lids to the jars, pulled out the boveda packs and out an apple slice in each jar, left the lids off and have a couple fans blowing directly over the tops of the jars....she was really dry, but she's absorbed moisture completely out of the bovedas so I think that's contributing to the intense hay smell....I'll keep eyes on her, replace the apple slices if need be, let the buds get a bit more moisture then replace the boveda packs and give them lots of time to cure...if the smell doesn't change for the better, I have no qualms turning her into hash or shatter....she's covered in crystals still, so if she doesn't turn out to be good smoke, she'll make good something :thumb:

I'll take proper weight for both of them next week, JS I did a quick rough weigh today, she was roughly 250g, Cuvee has filled 9x1L jars but I haven't weighed her at all, so next week I'll have a much more accurate weight

Now for my ramblings! :volcano-smiley:

So the first grow is done, and how does one measure the success of their first grow? I think it's kind of difficult, if not impossible...Was the final product good? Yeah, not nearly the best it could be, but what's better than the final product was the knowledge that I gained from getting this first grow under my belt.

I started on a whim, just one day up and decided it's time! I thought I knew enough, but truthfully, the extent of knowledge I now feel I have, when I look back all I basically knew when I started was plant seed in dirt > water > provide light > cut down when done lol

I learned so much more then I ever imagined I would. Got some great advice from members all around here in different threads, also got a lot of bad advice too, truth is there's a ton of bad advice floating around, there is no real way to just look up "Best practice to grow cannabis", so many opinions pulling this way and that way, that as an individual you really do have to read deeper into to learn and evolve your opinion.

I'm extremely happy with what I grew, but I also made tons of mistakes along the way and my 2nd grow will be a real testament to if I truly "learned" as much as I think I did. There'll be so many changes between my first and 2nd grow as a result of everything I've learned. When I started so much of it was guess work, there's always going to be some guessing involved, it's just to what extent....I now feel it's more of an educated guess then just a guess, and that's a huge difference...Now I know the changes I need to make and I will imply each one prior to my next grow.

My 2nd grow won't be until next year, hopefully January I'll start, but truth is there's a lot of changes I'll be making....huge cost involved in getting set up to what I feel is "properly". The goal is always the same thing in mind, potency, potency, potency...always the #1 priority:thumb:

So what changes are being made?
I'm going more organic based, I won't strive to be "omg 100% organic" but organic "based" is in my opinion the best way to meet my goals...I'm still trying to plan out the mix I'll be using, and I'' be bringing in the entire line up of Nectar For The Gods too, I'm pretty convinced the combination of these 2 together will help me achieve what I want.

On top of that I'll be bringing in another P6 with the plan of hitting 1500 PPFD across my entire grid, 1500 isn't just some arbitrary number, I have this number in mind because I'll be primarily Sativas since they interest me the most, and 1500 is in reference to some caps I've read regarding Sativas....once the light is actually here I'll be "gridding" the 2 P6's out properly to ensure my entire space is getting the maximum efficiency I can obtain, some work involved in it but I'm kind of OCD about ensuring equality amongst all my plants so they all have equal conditions which makes for better trials.

I'll be building a better scrog, one with larger than 4"x4" squares, I learned a major lesson and made a huge mistake during my first grow in regards to my scrog, I didn't let them penetrate through the top far enough before switching to flower, so I had a lot of underneath growth which ended up being smaller, a mistake I won't make again!

Huge thanks to all those that followed along and offered up advice! Big shout out to Brightlight, behind the scenes he's helped me out a ton, he's taught me a great deal and also pointed me in directions to research and read up on a lot of materials.

Thanks everyone for following along, I know I ramble a lot! Like I say hard to quantify the success from this grow until I've done grow #2, simple truth is there's changes you just can't make once you've started a grow(ex. going from soilless to organic) and so grow #2 will definitely come with lots of huge improvements!

I'll keep updating the curing process as it's coming along, really looking forward to it being cured and ready to smoke on the daily! Until the next grow :volcano-smiley:

So a little update on everything :thumb:

Trimming

What can I say lol........trimming is definitely an art, myself I'm a calculated thinker, art is not my thing haha, so this is something that will have to get better with practice.......wife is an artist, so perhaps in the future I can pass it on to her for some help!

Seriously though, there was a TONNE of leaf in both plants, to apply what I've learned I would have to attribute that to how much N was is the ferts I was using....In hindsight I should have stuck with the GH Flora trio instead of switching, I think it would have reduced the leaf growth A LOT.....no matter now however, as both lines of ferts will be tossed anyways for next grow

Cuvee

Has come a long ways, since my last post I've had her jarred up with the lid about 50% on and apple slices in each jar trying to re-hydrate her and get rid of the hay smell......the smell has gone down dramatically(thank god!) and has re-hydrated nicely...still has the hay smell, just much more tolerable, and hopefully as time goes on it will dissipate even more

Now that the buds have re-hydrated they really feel a lot better, having them near that exhaust must have just sucked them 100% dry lol....if it wasn't for the current smell these would be some really nice buds, look great, time to let them cure properly and hope for the best!

Jack Skellington I finished getting jarred up, still has a very pungent fruity smell which is awesome :thumb: coated in delicious looking crystals, really excited to smoke her more when she's done curing, will most likely smoke her popcorn nug jar while everything else cures up haha

Got a quote today for the nutes and products I need for my grows moving forward....it's kind of crazy, but just to save on shipping(probably saving $2k in shipping alone) I needed to order A LOT, $1750 US(about $2300 CDN) but it's enough to last me for about a years worth of grows I hope, and I won't begin my next grow till I get everything set up properly this time.

Haven't taken a weighing yet, but will get around to that tomorrow or Thursday, will update with a weight for each and get some bud pics posted then! :Namaste:

So weighed them out today, JS was just over 6.5 zips and Cuvee was just over 8 .

Been smoking a little JS here and there, she's really impressed me, so much so that I might toss her into my next grow again, it would also give me a better gauge of how much of an effect the changes I'll be making actually have on the outcome....so something to think about, perhaps I'll hold off on Tutankhamen, or perhaps I'll still get something else before my next grow starts . I know for sure Romulan Haze + SSSDH just not 100% what 3rd strain will be yet

Anyways, couple pics
420-magazine-mobile1988905599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile36332322.jpg
420-magazine-mobile270265634.jpg
420-magazine-mobile573484176.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1749209864.jpg

So weighed them out today, JS was just over 6.5 zips and Cuvee was just over 8 .

Been smoking a little JS here and there, she's really impressed me, so much so that I might toss her into my next grow again, it would also give me a better gauge of how much of an effect the changes I'll be making actually have on the outcome....so something to think about, perhaps I'll hold off on Tutankhamen, or perhaps I'll still get something else before my next grow starts . I know for sure Romulan Haze + SSSDH just not 100% what 3rd strain will be yet

Anyways, couple pics
420-magazine-mobile1988905599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile36332322.jpg
420-magazine-mobile270265634.jpg
420-magazine-mobile573484176.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1749209864.jpg
Congrats GOP! Damn impressive yeild, ounce and a half or so under a pound? . you killed it man, and the buds look really good. Excited for their smoke report. (If you do one lol)

You did a hell of a job, can't wait to see what you do with your next run. .

GodOfPot, congrats on the amazing grow dude! I remember when we were talking about what sort of drip tray we were going to use and now your first grow is complete, time flies!! Your buds look bomb man and I really enjoyed reading and hearing what you learned along the way. :goodjob:

I was wondering though how long did you veg your plants and how many did you have at the end when you harvested? I mean you almost pulled a pound that's damn impressive for the first run!

I'm about to pull my ladies in a couple days so drop by the thread in my signature to see how it all turned out =)

I think they were in veg for 6 weeks, that's from untapped seed to 12/12....ended up with 2 females, so just under an lb between 2 plants .

Was cleaning up today and found a small Bud from JS that rolled under a shelf, was completely dried, still super pungent scent....started breaking it up and it just crumbled and glued to my fingers....think I under sold myself a bit in grading it, because it's probably easily the stickiest bud I've ever handled, smoke is a bit harsh....prolly a Chem based nute thing...very happy still though, great fucking high
Have my buddy the clippings, he told me when he opened the JS bag he couldn't believe I'd grown something that delicious smelling in a tent and on my first grow lol....looking very forward to trying the shatter from JS ...

A great guy once told me that seed collecting is a hobby within a hobby......to that he couldn't be more right......he also advised me that Xmas time is gold for collecting seeds...so thank you :Namaste:

I used the same seed bank as last time....Attitude Seed Bank :thumb:

Their promotions stack on top of each other so the seeds keep adding up...they have an Xmas promotion, many breeder promotions, and their usual UFOS(freebies)
To get their top tier UFO you need to spend $120(Euro I think), I basically went through all their breeder promos, seen which freebies I'd like the most, and seen what other strands the breeder has, so I could get as many freebies as possibe for Xmas!!

Initially I wanted to go with C99....however they're $210 and I'd have only gotten 2 freeebies going that route, so I went with a bunch of cheaper ones that interested me....mostly Sativas :thumb:

Barneys Farm Seeds - Laughing Buddha(5 fem)
TGA Subcool Seeds - Chernobyl(5 reg)
Seedsman Seeds - Original Skunk #1 (10 reg)
Humboldt Seed Organization - Purple Trainwreck (5 reg)
Paradise Seeds -Sativa Champion Mix(Fem - 2 Nebula, 2 Jackey White, 2 Delahaze)
FREEBIES
BlimBurn Seeds - Blue Dream(fem)
Barneys Farm Seeds - Triple Cheese(fem)
Humboldt Seed Organization - O.G. Kush(Auto)
Expert Seeds - Gorilla Glue #4 × White Widow(fem)
G13 Labs Seeds - Blueberry Gum(fem)
Josh D Seeds - Josh D OG(2 reg)
Dutch Passion Seeds - Glueberry O.G.(fem)
FastBuds Seeds - Blue Dream'matic(auto)
Dinafem Seeds - Critical + 2.0(fem)
Humboldt Seed Organization - Black D.O.G(fem).
Barneys Farm Seeds - Liberty Haze
G13 Labs Seeds - Lemon Amber Kush(fem)
Sensi Seeds - Northern Lights(fem)
Reserva Privada - Skywalker Kush(fem)
T H Seeds - M.O.B.(fem)
TGA Subcool Seeds - Galactic Jack(3 reg)
Seedsman Seeds - Lucky Dip(fem, random I think)
Paradise Seeds - Chong's Choice L.A. Amnesia(fem)
Humboldt Seed Organization - Green Crack(2 fem)
Paradise Seeds - Chong's Choice Mendocino Skunk(fem)
Barneys Farm Seeds - Lucky Dip(fem - either Peyote Cookies, Amnesia Lemon or Chronic Thunder)
Paradise Seeds - Chong's Choice Blue Kush Berry(fem)

I could have got 4 more for another promo using bitcoin, however bitcoin was pissing me off so I just said fuck it and paid with CC.......needless to say, very excited!!!! Love collecting different strains :volcano-smiley:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom