GodSpeed's 2L Hempy SOG

Gutter trash. You've got skills man, your other grows prove it. I've been a lurker under this and other names for quite a while. florescent lights are cheap, dirt doesn't require too much equipment and at least you don't have to pay shipping over there to get your hands on Air-pots (I'm a big fan). I don't mean to make light of traumatic event, a rebuild will take time and cost money, but this is a very, very recoverable kind of traumatic event. No one was injured is the first thing and compared to what would have happened and would still be in the process of happening if it had been the real Scotland Yard dudes, this is not so bad.

Hitting them back in such a way that they might even suspect that it was you it is not a good idea. Confronting them, even though it would feel great, is also not a good idea. If you plan revenge, best to let them think you have no idea it was them wait a few months and make it look like a random act. Maybe the police will chock it up to those "football hooligans" I hear about on the news a couple times a year. If your not the vengeful type, and just want to let them know what dirt bags they are, I would say that it is still a bad idea. It is not worth the possibility of a confrontation escalating, and If it was me it would escalate very fast indeed.

In the long run they may have saved you money and your freedom as I seriously doubt that you will ever have lax security from this moment on. Very hard to walk away when people wrong you like that, but my advice on this occasion is to do just that.

I look forward to your next journal even if it takes a little while for you to get up and running again.

gs-

hey its been awhile and im pissed to hear about your loss... thats a killer man, i just got back up and runnin today and was lookin around where everyones at here. holy s@#!.

ive been in the same situation as you are in, your mind races when its somethin like that, esp with all the little weird things happenin there. just have to be extra extra careful now. just try not to start lettin the paranoia eat you up too much, itll make you turn on everyone, even you.

good luck bro

I'm very sorry to hear of the outcome of this grow but I thank you for sharing your grow with us anyway.

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Re: Variac 2 Fan speed Controller

///WARNING ELECTRICITY KILLS\\\

SERIOUS GUYS IF YOUR GOING TO MAKE ONE OF THESE PLEASE BE CARFULL A SHOCK FROM ONE OF THESE CAN KILL!!

Technical Difficulty
  • 4 /10

I decided to make a 2 fan controller for inlet/outlet, if i was to make one box for 2 rooms (4 fan's) id need 2 thermostats and that's when wiring gets complicated. If you wanted to run 4 fans in one room then simply get a larger amp variable transformer and run 2 fans of each.

The Plan
3946.JPG

Note: Check thermostat manual for wiring diagram as diffrent makes and models can vary.

Parts used and cost

Weatherbox 210mm wide - 150mm height - 350mm length £15.00 (fleabay, p&p inc)
2 Maplins 1A variac variable transformer £35.14 each + £2.99 P&p or £58.86 for 2 + free p&p
Relay - 'Min 5A DPDT 240Vac £3.54 (maplins)
Relay holder - 8Pin Rly Skt DIN £1.98 (maplins)
1 Pk10 Lucas 6.3 female spade connectors £1.00 (maplins)
1 Pk10 Lucas spade covers £1.00 (maplins)
3 Inline fuse holders £1.69 X 3 = £5.07 (maplins)
1 Pk10 1A quick blow fuses. £1.69. (maplins)

Honeywell T6360 thermostat £9.00 (fleabay, p&p inc)

15A Connector block £1.50 BNQ
4 Black 20mm grommit glands £3.52 BNQ
1 Pk20 self adhesive cable tie mounts £1.50 BNQ
1 Pk500 cable ties £ 1.00 BNQ
2 Single trailing single sockets £3.70 each - £7.40 for 2. BNQ
10m of 1.5mm 3 core cable £10.00 BNQ
1" Velcro square pads pads £2.00 BNQ
1 Plug £ 1.00 BNQ

Total £125.00

Part 1 of build will follow shortly

Part 1 ~ Variac 2 Fan speed Controller - The Build

This part is going to be mostly diagrams, step by step construction of the build, iv hit a few technical dificulties that i will clear up and explain when we get to them.

Line the weather box with valcro for easy installation.

21042.JPG

Cut out for thermostat wire.

2080.JPG
21146.JPG

1 Amp Variable resistor

7381.JPG
1_amp_variac.jpg

5493.JPG

6426.JPG

Fitting the Variable resistors

Used the face plate to mark were to drill

29102.JPG

31119.JPG
3040.JPG

All Fitted

34109.JPG
33119.JPG

Please remove the sticker on the back as variable resistors can get warm.

35106.JPG
36103.JPG

Drilling for fan lines and power input

18120.jpg
19116.JPG

23123.JPG
24117.JPG

25111.JPG

So that is the general construction of the unit, there shouldnt be any more drilling needed, just the wiring left to complete.

Stay tuned.

Part 2 ~ Variac 2 Fan speed Controller - Wiring up

Wiring pt 1
I ran the power in & used the connector block, running 2 lives with
2 1A inline fuses to terminals 5 & 8 on the relay holder.

4040.JPG

Wiring pt 2
here i run in 2 lines for the 2 fans & connected them to more connector block.

41106.JPG

Wiring pt 3
Here i daisy chained the earth to the other blocks.

42107.JPG

Wiring pt 4
Heres the variacs wired up, i used 6.3mm female spade connectors with see through covers.

ww78.JPG

Wiring pt 5
1 live in - 2 neutral - 3 variable output.

44106.JPG

Wiring pt 6
I used velcro pads & stuck then to the relay holder as i didnt have a din rail to connect it to & i didnt want to drill the case.

45102.JPG

Wiring pt 7
Here i used self adhesive cable tie mounts to tidy things up.

ww131.JPG

Wiring pt 8
Almost there

4722.JPG

Wiring pt 9
Here ive ran in the 3 core cable for the thermostat.

4823.JPG

Wiring pt 10
Ta Da, heres everything wired up.

4919.JPG

Wiring pt 11
Heres how the wiring looks when the lids going on, it tucks in with plently of room between the variacs.

5017.JPG

Wiring pt 12

51105.JPG

Wiring pt 13

52103.JPG

Wiring pt14
This is how i wired up the thermostat, the neutral wire is the live return & runs to no 13 on the relay.

53103.jpg

Heres the inline fuse holders & how they work.
5494.JPG

This is how i stuck things down.

5523.JPG

5620.JPG

Its a great piece of kit & was well worth the effort to quieten things down.
theres no hum what so ever with the 6" high power ruck L1
& the fan runs from as low as 10% and is silent when set anywere up to 60%, you could sleep next to it and not hear a thing!

I could of saved some money in places, building a single fan controller can nock £60 off easy, so you could have a brilliant silent fan controller for around £65 - £70, ok so there are loads on the market for this price but i garentee you that you will be pissed with the quality unless your willing to spend over £200, alot of the cheaper ones adjust the voltage causing a humming, variacs adjust amps making them silent and alot better for your fan.

:peace::love:

1970s Grower

Thanks man serious i keep saying anyone can do this iv only ever wired a few things in my life and this was so simple!

Twelve12

:thumb:

Bigirishdoode

Bro i promise that you can achieve these same results with a few spare hours, im kinda intrested to know more about this tatto machine now, ever given yourself one?

WhiteHouse

Hi mate there are loads on the market, if your happy with one that humm's and doesnt have a thermostat kick in then you can get a dimmer switch and wire it inline for about £5, if you buy a rvk you have to put a plug on it so adding an inline dimmer would be a few second job, but you will get a humming and it is loud.

fncg

Lol realy ?? ha if im honest with you guys i was a bit smoked when i built it, i got out the soildering iron to soilder the wires to the variacs and i was seeing double pins.. so i shot out a got the spades lol

Yeah temps below = variac set, temps above = thermostat cut in (max)

FAO GodSpeed if he's still about.

my names joint hogger & i usually hang around UK420 but earlier i was searching google for variac fan controllers
& i found the twin variac controller pics you'd posted & the instructions on how to put it together (as the builder)
& i thought to my self, has this guy never heard of the word Plagiarism & what it actually means ?
so i registered with 420magazine as it looks like a good site to hang about & pull you up about your variac controller build.

i honestly wouldn't have minded you ripping my pics & instructions of how to build a twin thermostat controller
if you'd given me credit for the build in the first place but you posted it on another site & claimed it as your own !

so i declare SHENANIGINS you little liar !

if anyone wants to see the proof, all they need to do is go to uk420 & have a look through the diy kit subforum in the growroom design section, im all over the place with my various variac controller builds.
heres the original thread i started hXXp://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=185930 (you dont have to register to see the thread)

oh & by the way, i'd wired up the Honeywell T6360 thermostat wrong by using 3 core but its now working perfectly with 4 core.

joint hogger :thanks:

Re: Variac 2 Fan speed Controller

FAO GodSpeed if he's still about.

my names joint hogger & i usually hang around UK420 but earlier i was searching google for variac fan controllers
& i found the twin variac controller pics you'd posted & the instructions on how to put it together (as the builder)
& i thought to my self, has this guy never heard of the word Plagiarism & what it actually means ?
so i registered with 420magazine as it looks like a good site to hang about & pull you up about your variac controller build.

i honestly wouldn't have minded you ripping my pics & instructions of how to build a twin thermostat controller
if you'd given me credit for the build in the first place but you posted it on another site & claimed it as your own !

so i declare SHENANIGINS you little liar !

if anyone wants to see the proof, all they need to do is go to uk420 & have a look through the diy kit subforum in the growroom design section, im all over the place with my various variac controller builds.
heres the original thread i started hXXp://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=185930 (you dont have to register to see the thread)

oh & by the way, i'd wired up the Honeywell T6360 thermostat wrong by using 3 core but its now working perfectly with 4 core.

joint hogger :thanks:
Lol you got me.

Back
Top Bottom