Going All In With Quantum Boards

Also you get a 10% discount on budgetLED lights so that 300$ light will be cheaper plus free shipping within the states... nothing but good things coming from Justin and crew.

Just to clarify, our series 3 is $309.99 with Samsungs LM301H. HLG is currently utilizing the LM301B.

Our Red Spec is $299.99 with the LM301B.

Just to clarify, our series 3 is $309.99 with Samsungs LM301H. HLG is currently utilizing the LM301B.

Our Red Spec is $299.99 with the LM301B.
I’m sorry, I misunderstood him and assumed he was talking about the 250 watt series 2 board. I apologize about that Justin, I misspoke.

I’m sorry, I misunderstood him and assumed he was talking about the 250 watt series 2 board. I apologize about that Justin, I misspoke.

Not problem. Just wanted to clarify for price comparison purposes.

If you have further questions, please tag us with them.

Not problem. Just wanted to clarify for price comparison purposes.

If you have further questions, please tag us with them.
I will just start tagging you into threads, where I think someone could benefit from your boards. You will do a much better job of explaining your lights then I ever will. Won’t happen again, sorry friend. :passitleft:

I will just start tagging you into threads, where I think someone could benefit from your boards. You will do a much better job of explaining your lights then I ever will. Won’t happen again, sorry friend. :passitleft:

No issues at all man. We appreciate the mention. We wont spam this Journal though. If anyone has questions, just tag us and we can go further in detail.

:ganjamon:

Oh ok I see where your coming from, but ya budgets “250” watt r spec is $300... the HLG 300 watt fixture is $600 so still your saving $300 lol and there boards are every bit of efficient as HLG’s... coming from Somone who owns two 550 v2 r specs, a 260 watt diy kit ( which is what you were prolly referring too) even that kit cost $360 and you have to assemble it yourself... and when you buy those diy kits, they are not ETC or UL certified... and there only warranted for 1 year as compared to budgets 250 watt ore assembled, 3 year warranty... budget is definitely your best bet if your looking for a high powered, highly efficient quantum board... look I’m not trying to twist your leg buddy, I’m just giving you the best options given your circumstances... there are only 3 light brands I will recommend to people. Those are HLG, budgetLED, and Mars Hydro... @BudgetLED this is the owner of the budget LED, and these guys are much more versatile and affordable then HLG... if you want a high powered light from HLG your gonna have to cough up some more dough I’m afraid... we’ll regardjess, I wish you luck in your endeavor and hope you make a smart decision... lighting is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your grow arsenal so make sure it’s something worth spending the loot on... so many of us have gotten burned trying to save a buck or two when it came to our lights when first starting out.... those of us who made this poor decision usually end up purchasing another light before they even finish their first grow. Lol
I took a look at those HLG 550s before I bought this light they look bad ass and I love the Red color. I was thinking of getting it for the area but figured the 320w would be enough to cover the footprint and save me 400$ so I get what you're saying about making a poor decision to try and save money, with the amount I'm spending on seeds I should've gone with it to start off but I think since I really only need a little bit more light to cover the rest of the footprint I might just look up reputable sellers on alibaba and make my own light with the quantum boards, drivers and heatsink on the site. Even if it was simple, building and wiring up the light was actually alot of fun plus I can get away with paying very little for them. I've read other people have alot of success ordering kits from there and getting pretty much the same quality as if you would get from say BudgetLED and HLG.

Quick little update the last 2 seeds popped today and we should be set and ready to go.
I just have to get the rest of these buds dried up to put in jars and I'll be raising the humidity in the tent closer to 50-70% instead of running it at 35-50% like I have been. Shouldn't be longer than 2 or 3 days.

I took a look at those HLG 550s before I bought this light they look bad ass and I love the Red color. I was thinking of getting it for the area but figured the 320w would be enough to cover the footprint and save me 400$ so I get what you're saying about making a poor decision to try and save money, with the amount I'm spending on seeds I should've gone with it to start off but I think since I really only need a little bit more light to cover the rest of the footprint I might just look up reputable sellers on alibaba and make my own light with the quantum boards, drivers and heatsink on the site. Even if it was simple, building and wiring up the light was actually alot of fun plus I can get away with paying very little for them. I've read other people have alot of success ordering kits from there and getting pretty much the same quality as if you would get from say BudgetLED and HLG.
Right on bro! I have no experience with alibaba but it sounds like you got it figured it out broski.. and I think you took my statement wrong earlier, when I said something to the effect of making a poor decision when buying lights, I was not referring you to at all bro. Lol From the looks of the picture, it looks like a 320 watt xl diy kit from HLG? I could be wrong as I just glanced at the picture but if it is indeed, a 320 watt HLG those are excellent lights and that was in no way a bad purchase. Those lights are amazing, and I own a few diy kits myself... I was referring to myself actually m as my first purchase was a garbage blurple light.

Right on bro! I have no experience with alibaba but it sounds like you got it figured it out broski.. and I think you took my statement wrong earlier, when I said something to the effect of making a poor decision when buying lights, I was not referring you to at all bro. Lol From the looks of the picture, it looks like a 320 watt xl diy kit from HLG? I could be wrong as I just glanced at the picture but if it is indeed, a 320 watt HLG those are excellent lights and that was in no way a bad purchase. Those lights are amazing, and I own a few diy kits myself... I was referring to myself actually m as my first purchase was a garbage blurple light.
Yeah its the the 320w xl v2 rspec and I knew you weren't referring to me lol I was just stating that I probably should've went ahead and got the light I really wanted to get which was the 550 instead of trying to save a little money and get something that didnt cover the footprint. Those blurple lights though can kick ass for a first time grower and be a nice little intro into the hobby, the setup I left with my buddy was a set of blurple lights from vipar spectra and mars hydro and he loves it and it's perfect for what he needs at the time.

Yeah its the the 320w xl v2 rspec and I knew you weren't referring to me lol I was just stating that I probably should've went ahead and got the light I really wanted to get which was the 550 instead of trying to save a little money and get something that didnt cover the footprint. Those blurple lights though can kick ass for a first time grower and be a nice little intro into the hobby, the setup I left with my buddy was a set of blurple lights from vipar spectra and mars hydro and he loves it and it's perfect for what he needs at the time.
Oh okay, I thought you were thinking I was talking down about your purchase. Lol wanted to make it clear i wasn’t, not that type of fella... but you ain’t lying the first blurple I bought actually produced a decent yield of some pretty potent stuff ... but u could only grow 2 plants under it... soon after I went straight down the rabbit hole broski. I own a stupid amount of HLG’s and several other brands of lights but HLG’s have been my go to. I have two 550 v2 R-Specs, 260 diy, and two 600 watt diy :oops: plus side is I will never need for high efficiency lights again lol

Oh okay, I thought you were thinking I was talking down about your purchase. Lol wanted to make it clear i wasn’t, not that type of fella... but you ain’t lying the first blurple I bought actually produced a decent yield of some pretty potent stuff ... but u could only grow 2 plants under it... soon after I went straight down the rabbit hole broski. I own a stupid amount of HLG’s and several other brands of lights but HLG’s have been my go to. I have two 550 v2 R-Specs, 260 diy, and two 600 watt diy :oops: plus side is I will never need for high efficiency lights again lol
All's good man, just a slight misunderstanding. And wow man, do you have them all set up for a perpetual harvest?

All's good man, just a slight misunderstanding. And wow man, do you have them all set up for a perpetual harvest?
Sort of, but not really. Lol I use most in the 10x10 tent... then have a couple 5x5’s for some stranger strains or experiments and lastly I have a small tent for reversing sex on females... so I kind of harvest perpetually but not in a methodical way like some of these guys do... I generally get enough bud out of the 3 tents to supply every need I could ever have lol plus it allows me to have multiple strains.. but I’m more into just having one large harvest, and then Harvesting a plant or two while the 10x10 finishes up.. I know It could be much more efficient with this setup then I currently am but it’s just for me at the moment, so there’s no reason to push it to the limits

Sort of, but not really. Lol I use most in the 10x10 tent... then have a couple 5x5’s for some stranger strains or experiments and lastly I have a small tent for reversing sex on females... so I kind of harvest perpetually but not in a methodical way like some of these guys do... I generally get enough bud out of the 3 tents to supply every need I could ever have lol plus it allows me to have multiple strains.. but I’m more into just having one large harvest, and then Harvesting a plant or two while the 10x10 finishes up.. I know It could be much more efficient with this setup then I currently am but it’s just for me at the moment, so there’s no reason to push it to the limits
Oh man your electricity bill must be through the roof, if my city didnt charge so much for power and I had the room for it that would be a dream. I know what you mean about having so much that you dont even know what to do with it. I've been growing outdoors the past 6 Years and generally have so much that I wind up giving it away by the oz. Here's one of my outdoor girls from this year, she wound up yielding 3.5 lbs of some really dense and frosty buds.

Oh man your electricity bill must be through the roof, if my city didnt charge so much for power and I had the room for it that would be a dream. I know what you mean about having so much that you dont even know what to do with it. I've been growing outdoors the past 6 Years and generally have so much that I wind up giving it away by the oz. Here's one of my outdoor girls from this year, she wound up yielding 3.5 lbs of some really dense and frosty buds.
That’s BEAUTIFUL... before I started my indoor growing setup, I grew outdoors all my life... much respect for that 3.5 pounder. :Rasta: and to be honest, no my electric bill is not bad at all... with EVERYTHING running full power, my bill only went up by 30-40$ a month more then usual... in my book that’s not bad... and that’s with everything running, depending on time of year determines how much equipment I have to use... much easier to grow in the winter I’ve noticed, I need less extra equipment... but I’ve always spent the extra $ to get the most powerful but more importantly most energy efficient equipment I could find. If it draws too much power, I will not consider it... I prioritized my setup to be as energy efficient as possible from the very beginning because I knew I was going to be going hard. Lol

That’s BEAUTIFUL... before I started my indoor growing setup, I grew outdoors all my life... much respect for that 3.5 pounder. :Rasta: and to be honest, no my electric bill is not bad at all... with EVERYTHING running full power, my bill only went up by 30-40$ a month more then usual... in my book that’s not bad... and that’s with everything running, depending on time of year determines how much equipment I have to use... much easier to grow in the winter I’ve noticed, I need less extra equipment... but I’ve always spent the extra $ to get the most powerful but more importantly most energy efficient equipment I could find. If it draws too much power, I will not consider it... I prioritized my setup to be as energy efficient as possible from the very beginning because I knew I was going to be going hard. Lol
Growing indoors is nice and all but theres just something to having a 13 ft tall tree that gets my giddy with excitement. I'm incredibly surprised on how low you electric bill is with all that gear going at a time, even if its energy efficient. What I'm running right now is probably going to raise my bill as much as all yours running together.

I agree, growing those massive trees are really fun. But I just fell in love with the indoor cultivation... being in complete control of every aspect of my grow, having the cleanest, most high quality product is what matters to me.

I agree, growing those massive trees are really fun. But I just fell in love with the indoor cultivation... being in complete control of every aspect of my grow, having the cleanest, most high quality product is what matters to me.
It's one of the biggest reasons I've wanted to do indoor for so long. There's no denying that theres an advantage to growing under the natural power of the sun but the looks and the quality of indoor buds is nothing to scoff at. Being able to control my environment is key to learning more aspects of growing, being more in touch with the plants and really giving the plants the ability to show off who they really are and show off all their potential without nature getting in the way.

Plus the fact that 95% of the country cant grow outdoor for numerous reasons.

I literally shudder at the thought of it, first it's totally illegal here in my state which almost certainly will be the last tiny spot of land on the entire North American Continent from the north pole down to Central America that will still have illegal cannabis.
Second, the environment here is insane, wildly hot and humid in the summer, the full 7 plagues in biblical proportions, every bug and disease known to man is lurking right out my window.
No way in hell could I grow a single plant here even if it were legal, it would never make it to harvest.

Meanwhile indoor is a total pleasure, grows itself, I just sit back and watch.

I spend about $32 a month growing autoflowers and about an average of $23 a month for photo-periods.

Plus the fact that 95% of the country cant grow outdoor for numerous reasons.

I literally shudder at the thought of it, first it's totally illegal here in my state which almost certainly will be the last tiny spot of land on the entire North American Continent from the north pole down to Central America that will still have illegal cannabis.
Second, the environment here is insane, wildly hot and humid in the summer, the full 7 plagues in biblical proportions, every bug and disease known to man is lurking right out my window.
No way in hell could I grow a single plant here even if it were legal, it would never make it to harvest.

Meanwhile indoor is a total pleasure, grows itself, I just sit back and watch.

I spend about $32 a month growing autoflowers and about an average of $23 a month for photo-periods.
I'm lucky enough to live in Northern California, the weather here gets a bit warm here but we rarely ever have to deal with unpredictable weather and we can start planting fairly early in the year. I have my beans germinated and planted April 1st. Being in a legal state definitely has its advantages especially when it comes to hiding it. Alot of the people here will walk down the street smoking a joint without a second thought.

Back
Top Bottom