Going Green With JCTJ: Perpetual Autos With A Photo Here & There

JCTJ

Hey folks!

It's time for a more permanent home for my future grows. With an ever growing pile of new seed strains, I thought it was about time. I struggled with a name for this journal and while chatting about recent harvests with my neighbours, they jokingly suggested I start a YouTube channel called "Going Green with "insert name here". So here we have it, going green with JC. :high-five:

My previous journal is nearing completion with 4 successful harvests - Journey 2: CBD Lemon Potion Auto & WW Auto

The first two journals I started consisted of completely different nutrient/grow medium line ups. After the success I've seen with other grows on this forum and some helpful advice, I have chosen Pro-Mix HP and Mega Crop for this round.

Grow equipment currently consists of:

- Mars Hydro 3x3 (39"x39")
- Mars Hydro TSW2000 - After a completed grow using both products together I am happy with the performance offered by that combo. I'm happy to finally be starting a new grow with a light I can dial up/down.
- AC Infinity T4 for exhaust
- Unknown small intake fan with dust filter

What I'm growing with this round:

- 5gal fabric pots - bought these because they were stupid cheap and are actually just under 4 gallon capacity, which is a nice happy medium between 3 and 5 gallons
- Pro-Mix HP grow medium
- Mega Crop by Green Leaf Nutrients

What I'll be growing:

@DrSeeds Zkittlez autoflower - 3 beans popped into water on 10/19 - Pots filled with Pro-Mix.

3 seeds because I'd like to ensure at least two of the 4 I grow this round are zkittlez. I'm patiently waiting on a @SeedsMan order and I have every intention of popping some Pink Kush CBD 30:1 auto and or some of the 10 bean mystery pack of Sweet Seeds autos. Or maybe the wicked freebies!... 3 Seedsman NL Autos and 3 Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake Autos :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will also be taking part in the latest Canadian Comparative grow with Seedsman Black Sugar photos. Lots on the grow plate in the near future!

-EDIT- more to come, need a short intermission. :bongrip:

What can I say... I love a good moustache!

I'll just leave this here...

18f7a23566cd9b--nick-offerman-parks-and-recreation.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Doc's beans :)

Me too! When things get rolling I'd like to grab another another haul from the Dr: Auto GSC, Auto OG Kush and Auto Dr. Seeds #5. Then I should be set forever.... ;)

#seedaddict

In 3rd...

Are you going straight into big pots with the Zkittles?

I'm not a moustache guy but hell I'm in. Guess I'm 4th. Good luck JCTJ

:D Welcome aboard and thank you!

Are you going straight into big pots with the Zkittles?

Good question, this actually helps me lead into the next part of my journal update.

I am. I know this is a questionable and possibly frowned upon move but I have had good success with this method previously. This picture was taken before wetting the medium and popping in the seeds. Knock on wood, I'm 7 for 7 with direct to medium seed germination. I use a heat mat under the pots for some extra warmth and a red solo cup on top of the medium as a dome. Once they break the surface I remove the cup. I did the paper towel method for the first 2 seeds I ever germinated and only had one take. The rest from that point on have been soaked and planted. I can't say I recommend this method over other ways that people have a lot of success with... But, for now...(knock on wood) it's working for me.

10/20/19 - Pots filled. Seeds were also planted this day after wetting the medium. Light height 30" dialed down to 120W. Temps 77-78F.

:D Welcome aboard and thank you!

Good question, this actually helps me lead into the next part of my journal update.

I am. I know this is a questionable and possibly frowned upon move but I have had good success with this method previously. This picture was taken before wetting the medium and popping in the seeds. Knock on wood, I'm 7 for 7 with direct to medium seed germination. I use a heat mat under the pots for some extra warmth and a red solo cup on top of the medium as a dome. Once they break the surface I remove the cup. I did the paper towel method for the first 2 seeds I ever germinated and only had one take. The rest from that point on have been soaked and planted. I can't say I recommend this method over other ways that people have a lot of success with... But, for now...(knock on wood) it's working for me.

10/20/19 - Pots filled. Seeds were also planted this day after wetting the medium. Light height 30" dialed down to 120W. Temps 77-78F.

I had my light dialed all the way down and 12 inches or so away for 75 percent of my current veg. I didnt feel like paying for the power. I also use a lux meter app for Android. It works.

I had my light dialed all the way down and 12 inches or so away for 75 percent of my current veg. I didnt feel like paying for the power. I also use a lux meter app for Android. It works.

Good to know! I've used the built in android sensor by typing *#0*# in the keypad but haven't got that far yet to check the lux since starting this next round. Just stuck the light up high and turned it down. The Mrs is already mentioning the hydro bill so I plan to keep it turned down as long as I can hahaha.

I am. I know this is a questionable and possibly frowned upon move but I have had good success with this method previously.
I definately don't frown upon that. Autos I do the same. Get them in their final home asap. I've done both with autos. From solo cup to pot and also from tap root to pot. Both gave similar results.

Yeah, I will go from solo cup to big pots when the Canada comp comes into play. That way I can align my quadlines to the corners of the pot better. But with autos, Id go straight into big pots, less stress that way.

Which, btw, no one answered my question in the Canada comp about where you guys get your perlite from and what size?

8 bucks for 9 L @ Canadian Tire is what Ive been paying.

Back
Top Bottom