Going to make some butter with power pressure cooker XL

Edzzed

Good day, My harvest is drying right now so figured I will take the trim and make butter. I don't have the famous instant pot everyone seems to rave about. I have an 8 quart Costco power pressure cooker XL. See pic for what mine looks like. After scouring the internet to find the info I need on temperatures, Time to share what I found out. It reaches 241 degrees in canning mode. Other modes are 228 and lower. Obviously we will be canning since we want 240 is for 40 minutes. I will have to set my alarm since I plan to do this in my garage. I will also be doing some coconut oil with dried flower for capsules. The butter will be for cookies. We will update with pics as we go. For now, I am going to run downstairs and fill some mason jars with trim and dried flower. On my pressure cooker I can set 10, 45 or 120 minutes. I set it for 45 but my phone alarm is set to 40 minutes. Once done I will do the next 5 jars. In case I didn't mention it, It will only hold 5 jars at a time. I also placed a couple small towels in there so jars are not touching each other.
Screenshot_2020-03-10 PPC-772_8QT_ IB_TP_ENG_V9_180504 pdf.png
Screenshot_2020-03-10 PPC-772_8QT_ IB_TP_ENG_V9_180504 pdf(1).png

Everything is in the crockpot. Going to do the coconut oil in the pressure cooker. I ate a small pinch of the decarbed flower and yes, it is decarbed. So all is going on right now. Butter will be ready tomorrow morning and coconut oil will be ready in 1/2 hour then we strain. 2 pounds for butter. will see what the final strained weight is a couple days.
20200310_123650[1].jpg
20200310_124148[1].jpg

Just tried one 00 capsule with coconut oil. I decarbed 35 grams into 500 mls of coconut oil. I need to wait and see how it hits for now before I go filling more capsules. On edit and two hours later, I am thinking 2 capsules would impair my ability to drive. One is a nice buzz so will fill them up. I just did not want to fill them and find out they were too strong.

Good day, My harvest is drying right now so figured I will take the trim and make butter. I don't have the famous instant pot everyone seems to rave about. I have an 8 quart Costco power pressure cooker XL. See pic for what mine looks like. After scouring the internet to find the info I need on temperatures, Time to share what I found out. It reaches 241 degrees in canning mode. Other modes are 228 and lower. Obviously we will be canning since we want 240 is for 40 minutes. I will have to set my alarm since I plan to do this in my garage. I will also be doing some coconut oil with dried flower for capsules. The butter will be for cookies. We will update with pics as we go. For now, I am going to run downstairs and fill some mason jars with trim and dried flower. On my pressure cooker I can set 10, 45 or 120 minutes. I set it for 45 but my phone alarm is set to 40 minutes. Once done I will do the next 5 jars. In case I didn't mention it, It will only hold 5 jars at a time. I also placed a couple small towels in there so jars are not touching each other.
Hello, when u out it in the cooker on canning mode for 40 mins - was this for decarbing? Did you add any liquid?

Hello, when u out it in the cooker on canning mode for 40 mins - was this for decarbing? Did you add any liquid?

Everything is in the crockpot. Going to do the coconut oil in the pressure cooker. I ate a small pinch of the decarbed flower and yes, it is decarbed. So all is going on right now. Butter will be ready tomorrow morning and coconut oil will be ready in 1/2 hour then we strain. 2 pounds for butter. will see what the final strained weight is a couple days.
20200310_123650[1].jpg
20200310_124148[1].jpg
For the coconut oil- what setting did you use in the pressure cooker for this? Did You say it only took 1/2 hour?

Back
Top Bottom