Goldbud's Ebb and Flow White Russian - 2011

Eshine isn't the manufacturer of the Advanced Lights. They are selling a cheap knock-off. I talked with the guys at Advanced and they weren't too happy with eshine trying to capitalize on their design and name by making an inferior light and trying to claim it's a Diamond Series.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Eshine isn't the manufacturer of the Advanced Lights. They are selling a cheap knock-off. I talked with the guys at Advanced and they weren't too happy with eshine trying to capitalize on their design and name by making an inferior light and trying to claim it's a Diamond Series.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

WOW! this is good to know!:thumb:

Chief, GS, and Steve- Thanks a bunch guys. It means a lot to me to have your support.

Its been about two weeks since harvest, and I've since dried my bud and am continuing to cure it. I have pulled a bit out of my main stash and have set it aside for smoking currently.

Smoke Report

Let me start off by saying that the buds smoke as good as they look. I'm very satisfied with the finished product, but I still think it can improve a bit with some more curing.

The buds are fairly dense, and nice and gooey. It breaks up really nice, and smells oh-so-nice. It has a sweet, citrusy aroma with some cheesy undertones. The smoke is great; nice and smooth, but if you take a big hit it'll leave you coughing (as well as seeing stars:thumb:). The high is actually a bit sneaky; it doesn't really register until about ten to fifteen minutes in. At that point, its blast-off. The high is a nice, heady, "up" high, but not of the type that leaves you cagey. Super mellow and relaxing.

In the end, I have ~250 g of top notch buddha. This is a bit less than I hoped for, but I'm still very pleased with the harvest.

I think the Advanced LEDs I used are amazing. The quality of the nug is amazing, but I think I can improve on the yield. Next grow, I should get better yields by using clones. Having uniform plants should increase yield by making it easier to maintain a uniform canopy height, which is crucial for these lights. I think its important because I find the best nugs came from the top 8-10" of the canopy, and the lights are most efficient 20". Basically, I will try to concentrate as much bud in this range as possible. I will also turn the flowering band on earlier in the grow, per the advice from Advanced, to increase yield.

Without a doubt, BPN's Elite 3-part series is the best nutrient line I've used. As they say, the proof is in the pudding (see below).

IMG_23094.JPG
IMG_23124.JPG
IMG_23172.JPG
IMG_23194.JPG
IMG_23222.JPG
IMG_23232.JPG
IMG_23253.JPG

Thanks again to everybody for all of your support! I take pride in putting forth my processes in such a way that anybody can follow them. I love doing my part of the research to grow the best pot possible, and I love getting the info to those in need.

Look forward for more grows; I'm hooked on BPN and Advanced, but I want to experiment more with other hydro methods. I think that the next grow will be aeroponic, so it should be exciting.

Also, good luck to anybody else growing White Russian. You've made a great choice, and you've got one hell of a pot to look forward to.

Nice nugs GB!

You did a great job. I look forward to the evolution of your growing techniques.

Personally, I love aeroponics. I hope you add CO2 induction to the next grow. My experience tells me that you should increase your yield by ~15%. The aeroponics method will also increase the yield.

I'm sure you've learned plenty about pruning and going forward I would expect you to go where few have.

Congratulations on the great grow and props to Advanced Lighting and Blue Planet Nutrients.

wow it sucks I caught this one late but great grow nonetheless. I'm looking to purchase either 2 DS100's or a single DS200 for my 2'x4'x5' tent but I will only be doing 6-8 plants at a time straight out of the cloner with no veg. I was unsure of the lower wattages but You seem to of killed it with the 100w's. Do you get better penetration with a higher watt LED like an HID, since they just add more 3w diodes instead of a higher watt bulb?

You should submit those photos in Nug of the month & Plant of the month, I think you might have a good chance of winning :bravo::goodjob:

Thanks a bunch, Stoned. That's a great question about the penetration, and I don't really have a great answer. I think the penetration is probably the same, as the wattages of the individual bulbs stays the same, much in the same way that ten 100w bulbs would not have the same penetration as a 1000w bulb, even though the overall wattages are the same.

If this is the case, I would definitely get two 100w lamps as opposed to one 200w because there is much more flexibility in set-up with 2 lamps (and you eliminate some of the shadows associated with having a single point of light (ie. one 200w lamp).

Overall, I was extremely pleased with the results of the 100w lights

Thanks a bunch, Stoned. That's a great question about the penetration, and I don't really have a great answer. I think the penetration is probably the same, as the wattages of the individual bulbs stays the same, much in the same way that ten 100w bulbs would not have the same penetration as a 1000w bulb, even though the overall wattages are the same.

If this is the case, I would definitely get two 100w lamps as opposed to one 200w because there is much more flexibility in set-up with 2 lamps (and you eliminate some of the shadows associated with having a single point of light (ie. one 200w lamp).

Overall, I was extremely pleased with the results of the 100w lights
Yeah, when I spoke with Kyle (from Advanced LED) he said that the penetration is the same, but you get a better footprint with multiple smaller lights, as opposed to a single larger unit.

hey goldbud420 do you think that your setup would have been equally good with 2 ds100 on light movers? im planning on using the same 4x4 setup and am thinking of just using two ds100's for the area and put them on light movers so i get full coverage of the area...do you think this is a good idea? you seem like a knowledgeable guy

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom