Golfer - NL Auto - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 2

Welcome Stage! You'll be here for the best part....the harvest!

Another beautiful day. Gave her a little fresh air in the backyard whilst I snapped a few photos. On cruise control now. Water tomorrow then again on Thur. Plan to harvest on Saturday. Those colas are looking nice.

Three Haze Extreme are in paper towels now. Hopefully 20 hrs in water didn't screw it up.

Grow_2_Day_73_days_crop_king.JPG

Grow_2_Day_73_days_cropking.JPG

Grow_2_Day_73_days_cola.JPG

Grow_2_Day_73_days_snowy_cola.JPG

Nice job man. I hope I get anything close to half that size in my grow! ✌️ Norther lights love that super head high.

Another solid water tonight. The run off has very little color in it any more. Going to 'flush' with 3 gal of water on Thur night and cut her down Friday night.

I couldn't hold back today and clipped one of the bigger 'small' buds off. Took a couple of pictures and here are the close ups of the trichomes.

I've got a question about trimming of the buds. I'm going to have 7 real big colas that I will cut the entire branch and hang the entire bud for them to dry.

When it's time to put into the jar for curing, how do you break of these big buds? Do I pull them apart? I know this won't be like the first grow with all popcorn buds. I guess I'll find out more once they dry and I found out their true size.

I weighed the bud in the pic and it was about 7 grams - not bad for a small bud. I'm thinking I will definitely have more than an ounce here. Getting excited :yahoo::yahoo:

Grow_2_Day_74_close_up.JPG

Grow_2_Day_74_close_buds.JPG

Grow_2_Day_74_close_bud.JPG

While I'm browsing the threads and seeing all these pictures, I ran out and took some close ups. You can see more yellow leaves as she has been watered/flushed well the last two times. Final water tomorrow night. Trichomes look very cloudy and might even see a few amber. Smells great, looking great. :thumb:

Enjoy the photos!

I've got 4 Haze Extreme seeds from CKS trying to pop. I screwed up the first three by soaking 20-22 hours. The last one I soaked 14 hours. So far - nothing. 1 seeds been going for 10 days. 2 going on day 4 and the other just went into paper towel yesterday. 0 for 4 isn't fun. I was 3 for 3 with the NL Auto. Are certain strains pickier on popping?

Grow_2_Day_76_bud.JPG

Grow_2_Day_76_bud1.JPG

Grow_2_Day_76_bud_trich.JPG

:drool:

Wow Boss!

You and OMU owned this grow! Great job guys!

At the start I wasn't sure what to think. She was so bushy so early and it looked like she was going to have an air flow problem. But as I read through the pages I watched you mature and your plant completely reflects that! I hope you enjoy every last bud of her. You earned it!

They looks so tasty. Those are some great photos of her with th Crop King Seeds logo. Wonderful work Golfer! Just can't get over how beautiful she is. Don't do anymore journals without me ok?

:love:
:goodjob::welldone::bravo::nicethread::high-five::passitleft:

While I'm browsing the threads and seeing all these pictures, I ran out and took some close ups. You can see more yellow leaves as she has been watered/flushed well the last two times. Final water tomorrow night. Trichomes look very cloudy and might even see a few amber. Smells great, looking great. :thumb:

Enjoy the photos!

I've got 4 Haze Extreme seeds from CKS trying to pop. I screwed up the first three by soaking 20-22 hours. The last one I soaked 14 hours. So far - nothing. 1 seeds been going for 10 days. 2 going on day 4 and the other just went into paper towel yesterday. 0 for 4 isn't fun. I was 3 for 3 with the NL Auto. Are certain strains pickier on popping?

Grow_2_Day_76_bud.JPG

Grow_2_Day_76_bud1.JPG

Grow_2_Day_76_bud_trich.JPG

You pics are fantastic. Keep up the good work.
:goodjob:

Looking great Golfer!

I do my final trim as I take the bigger colas off the plant. About an hour's worth at a time so the leaves don't go all limp before I can trim the buds out. I try not to touch the buds at all by holding the stems as I snip each bud off the stem then hold each one by it's stem as I snip out all the leaves. Then into small drying boxes to slowly dry them for at least 2 weeks then into jars for a month of burping to get them dry enough for storage. Fussy as hell but a real smooth smoke when it's done.

L8r

Ok - here I go. Off to harvest (puts on his harvesting gear)......

It's a little bitter sweet. None of these haze seeds have popped so I have nothing to replace in the grow tent :(

The good news is I won Crop King Seeds September contest and I'm getting 10 free seeds :party:

Stay tuned for my photomentary of the harvest!

So proud of you, golfer -- that is an amazingly beautiful plant. Look at those trichomes! My mouth is watering :) SO EXCITING!

I wish we all lived nearby so we could share the smoke (vape, oil, hash) we grow. Wouldn't that be a tasting party?

:passitleft:

I think there should be a 420 Magazine convention in a legal jurisdiction :)

Golfer,
I agree with this statement!
I echo your sentiment. Someone here start a poll! Hoping that will get the mods attention!
:party:

Harvest is complete! Turned out well. Spent about 2 hrs in the garage, buzzed and listening to Classic Vinyl on Sirius:bong: Appropriately, Lucky Man by ELP sounded really great as I enjoyed the harvesting!

This might be a bit wordy post, so bear with me.

Started by trimming all the main branches and left the main cola. I took of picture of her last stand :winkyface: I put all the trimmed leaf in a bag to freeze. Pigeon recently mentioned tossing some of the small buds in with the trim for bubbling and by the time I got down to the ‘tiny’ pile, I was just cutting them into the bag. I was getting tired. The scissors and fingers – very sticky. Lucky was appropriate again as in not cutting my fingers. Came close.

I then trimmed the outside colas of all the smaller buds. I was left with 8 really large colas, a handful of decent sized buds and another two handfuls of small buds.

I put all the small buds on this set up you’ll see below. I didn’t have a screen so I used a gutter guard with holes that’s a little elevated for air flow. They’ll be in the tent in the dark with the fans going inside (though not directly on all the small buds). The plan is to toss them around a little twice a day so they dry out.

The 8 main colas I brought inside and washed. I read a few posts about washing and using 3 buckets and RO water, baking soda and lime. Downside is - that was all I did was read the posts :laughtwo: I just put some filtered water in a plastic container and then shook each bud vigorously for about 20 seconds. Laid them on paper towels. Then lightly patted dry with more paper towels. Figured it was better than nothing.

The macro photos I took were after the washing and pat dry and the trichomes still look pretty intact.

I hung the 8 colas in the closet that has a small fan moving the air around gently.

Hopefully I haven’t screwed anything up. If I’m making a big mistake – let me know. The plan is when I can ‘snap’ a bud off the cola I will move from drying to trimming into buds to go cure.

Any good tips for cleaning the scissors?

Decided to get 5 White Widow feminized and 5 Jack Herer AutoFem for my prize. CKS are replacing the 4 haze that haven’t popped too.
Hoping to get something going soon because I don’t think I can do a grow in the depths of winter.

Thank you to everyone for all your support :thanks:
Grow_2_Day_Day_78_harvest.JPG

Grow_2_Day_78_top.JPG

Grow_2_Day_78_cola.JPG

Grow_2_Day_78_trimmed.JPG

Grow_2_Day_78_colas.JPG

Back
Top Bottom