Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer/White Widow

golfer420

I've been lucky enough to have won some beans from my friends at Crop King Seeds. :thanks: I've got a Jack Herer auto at day 55 who's been through hell (started out in 18oz of soil but now transplanted to 3g pot).

The White Widow is just getting ready to pop. I'll put into the 3gal pot with sunshine mix - unless I can work some kind of dwc out tomorrow. If I can get something going that will fit in this tiny tent, I might give it a try.:high-five:

Here are some pics of the Jack and the Widow between the sheets:Namaste:

IMG_48627.JPG

Pics from the last couple weeks
Day_533.JPG

Widow relaxing
IMG_48685.JPG

A few pictures at day 57. The Jack is looking so much better. Flowering is going well :smokin:

The WW still hasn't popped. The seeds been in there about 7 days. Looks like she's open a bit but no root yet.

I bought some clay stone, rockwool like stuff for the seedling, air pump and a water pump. I don't have the right containers to start something like dwc or a drip. Mostly likely the WW is going into the sunshine mix. :Namaste:

jh_day_57.JPG

jh_day_57a.JPG

jh_day_57c.JPG

jh_day_57b.JPG

A few pictures at day 57. The Jack is looking so much better. Flowering is going well :smokin:

The WW still hasn't popped. The seeds been in there about 7 days. Looks like she's open a bit but no root yet.

nice looking jack; I recently bought some from cks too. one of the methods I tried was just dropping the seeds in a glass of water for about 3 days and then transplanting them straight to distilled water soaked soil; this method's been working for me the past 3 years; so it's a tried-and-true method. just giving you some tips that's all. good luck

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the feedback. I've been pretty successful popping seeds the same way each time. The only ones I had trouble with before were the Haze Extreme I got from CKS. They've replaced them for me but I haven't tried to grow them again yet. They're not feminized nor auto's. I wanted my first photo plant to be a feminized and I've enjoyed the trichomes that show up on the White Widow.

The seed shows the cotyledon just coming out so I'm going to leave between the towel for another day or so, but will eventually put in the soil.

Here is a couple of pics from today. Very happy to see leaves that are sticking out, full of life :party:

IMG_48792.JPG

IMG_48914.JPG

Thanks for stopping by, Beast :high-five:

Here we are at day 61. She has fully recovered and growing well now. Leaves are straight out, alert and strong.

Since switching from the 18oz of medium to the 3gal 11 days ago she's made a dramatic recovery although I believe it is more to do with the nutrients. I've started the AN trio. I've been feeding 500ml of water with 2ml of each nute about once per day for the past 5 days. I ph tested after putting into the water and it seemed low, but I've just been letting it do it's ph perfect thing

I think she's responding favorably to the nutes. I've been wondering if I'm watering enough but so far so good. All my other grows with the FF nutes I was feeding until there was run off. Maybe it works better for the Jack to feed just a 500ml each day, at least for now.

Hardly any change in the WW I'm trying to pop. I planted it in soil, though there was only the slightest cotyledon. To play it safe, I put one of the Haze Extreme seeds into water and it's between paper towels now. Knocking wood one of these seeds grows up:wood:

Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

jh_day_61a.JPG

jh_day_61b.JPG

jh_day_61.JPG

jh_day_61c.JPG

Looks good now...funny you said u started another seed cause every freakin time i think my seeds arnt going to pop.i do the same and start more and like usual they make it and i wind up with too many plants.
Like my new grow started with 9..now i got 11...
Same with my widows wanted 8 got 10..
Know what it is.
These crop king seeds are just too good...LOL
KEEP IT GREEN !!!!

Thanks for stopping by, Beast :high-five:

Here we are at day 61. She has fully recovered and growing well now. Leaves are straight out, alert and strong.

Since switching from the 18oz of medium to the 3gal 11 days ago she's made a dramatic recovery although I believe it is more to do with the nutrients. I've started the AN trio. I've been feeding 500ml of water with 2ml of each nute about once per day for the past 5 days. I ph tested after putting into the water and it seemed low, but I've just been letting it do it's ph perfect thing

I think she's responding favorably to the nutes. I've been wondering if I'm watering enough but so far so good. All my other grows with the FF nutes I was feeding until there was run off. Maybe it works better for the Jack to feed just a 500ml each day, at least for now.

Hardly any change in the WW I'm trying to pop. I planted it in soil, though there was only the slightest cotyledon. To play it safe, I put one of the Haze Extreme seeds into water and it's between paper towels now. Knocking wood one of these seeds grows up:wood:

Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

jh_day_61a.JPG

jh_day_61b.JPG

jh_day_61.JPG

jh_day_61c.JPG

So having troubles with the WW? When I ordered my WW from the king my first bbeans I got I could not get to pop they did replace either no problems but I didn't want to throw away the first ones that was in a damp paper towel for like 2 weeks so I left them making sure they stayed damp and after I planted 3 of the new ones. Wouldn't you know 3 of the 5 old ones popped after over 3 weeks. But the new ones popped in leds then 72 hours. Anyway the point is if they are under a month in the paper towel I would let them rid out they still might pop

Thanks for the feedback, Stoney:high-five:

The WW is still in the pot, but as I've been watering, I now can't find the seed. It was at the base of the tee, but I tried to move things around to find it, but no luck. I've kept the medium moist in the hopes that one of these days it will pop.

I put a Haze Extreme between paper towels 3 days ago and no sign of popping yet. I'm thinking maybe the tap water is issue and will switch to bottled water if nothing happens with the Haze.

The Jack is looking good. The AN bud candy came Friday and she's been getting that. Big bud and B52 will be here on Monday. Starting to see more trichomes and buds are looking nice.

Thanks for stopping by and the feedback :Namaste:

jh_day_64.JPG

jh_day_64c.JPG

jh_day_64a.JPG

jh_day_64b.JPG

I haven't smoked anything since '82 but w/degenerative joint disease and upcoming total knee replacements I'm now looking to help ease pain minus the need for opiates. I swear I look at these pictures and I just start salivating. I'm going to do my first grow starting April 4th - got a 2x2x5 tent w/Marshydro 600 LED and a T5 24" grow light (2 bulbs 48w)... I'm awaiting dwarf low flyer from CKS... but just got Jack... reason I'm not doing Jack or Train Wreck Auto is due to longer flowering - I go in for surgery on 5/31 and need to have grow harvested and dried before then (& all of this has to be done on the sly)... Tell me is this cutting it too closely... I would have started before 4/04 but I need to go out of town and didn't want to be gone while things are growing... Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

My opinion - you're cutting it too close. If you put the Jack into water today, then paper towels tomorrow, you might be able to get the seed sprouting by this weekend (April 1 is possible).:Namaste:

By 5/31 it would only be 61 days old. My plant above is 64 days. Way too early to harvest.

Of my 5 solid and finished plants:
Northern Lights - 1 went 76 days, 1 went 84 days and the best went 78 days
Jack Herer - 1 went 70 days the other 82

10 - 12 weeks is going to be the norm. Most of the stuff I read shows the seed co's are a bit optimistic on the time. The sativa's do take a a bit longer to fully mature but I don't know that any strain will get you harvested and dried by 5/31.

Good luck with your grow! Start a journal so we can follow it and help you along :party:

Based on what you've got (space and lights) you should be fine. What are you growing in (container) and what method (soil, drip, dwc, etc)? Might also want to think nutes too. Based on what method you go with, being away for a few days might not be an issue. Something to consider.

Heres my opinion..i think you could do it if you only veg for only one month.leave lights on 24 hours veging. .even then its cutting it close..flowering isnt an exact date..always expect longer than they say..but you can get a harvest..might be early to cut but youll have bud..GO FOR IT..
I haven't smoked anything since '82 but w/degenerative joint disease and upcoming total knee replacements I'm now looking to help ease pain minus the need for opiates. I swear I look at these pictures and I just start salivating. I'm going to do my first grow starting April 4th - got a 2x2x5 tent w/Marshydro 600 LED and a T5 24" grow light (2 bulbs 48w)... I'm awaiting dwarf low flyer from CKS... but just got Jack... reason I'm not doing Jack or Train Wreck Auto is due to longer flowering - I go in for surgery on 5/31 and need to have grow harvested and dried before then (& all of this has to be done on the sly)... Tell me is this cutting it too closely... I would have started before 4/04 but I need to go out of town and didn't want to be gone while things are growing... Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Heres my opinion..i think you could do it if you only veg for only one month.leave lights on 24 hours veging. .even then its cutting it close..flowering isnt an exact date..always expect longer than they say..but you can get a harvest..might be early to cut but youll have bud..GO FOR IT..

thank you for your encouragement... I actually have two shipments competing for arrival... thank God CKS is so stealthy as it looks like the Dwarf Low Flyer won't actually make it here before I go out of town and those getting the mail won't find their packaging too odd, given the last one they sent... I also ordered from Herbies - Sweet Seeds Speed Devil Auto Flower - they listed 5 wks for flowering whereas CKS said 6 for Dwarf... I was going to go 18/6 throughout but I'll do the 24 for 30 days as you suggested... thanks a million... while I'm out and after I can walk a bit I want to start a CKS Jack and Train Wreck and try my hand at curing. Man the last time I grew was back in '78 down by the river while in my late teens. Never heard of curing and Sinsemillia was just starting to be discussed here in Upstate Northeastern US. BTW old school I have learned a lot from your threads... thank you Oh just read your second post... NUTS... well will start my first grow after I can get around a bit after the surgery...

My opinion - you're cutting it too close. If you put the Jack into water today, then paper towels tomorrow, you might be able to get the seed sprouting by this weekend (April 1 is possible).:Namaste:

By 5/31 it would only be 61 days old. My plant above is 64 days. Way too early to harvest.

Of my 5 solid and finished plants:
Northern Lights - 1 went 76 days, 1 went 84 days and the best went 78 days
Jack Herer - 1 went 70 days the other 82

10 - 12 weeks is going to be the norm. Most of the stuff I read shows the seed co's are a bit optimistic on the time. The sativa's do take a a bit longer to fully mature but I don't know that any strain will get you harvested and dried by 5/31.

Good luck with your grow! Start a journal so we can follow it and help you along :party:

Based on what you've got (space and lights) you should be fine. What are you growing in (container) and what method (soil, drip, dwc, etc)? Might also want to think nutes too. Based on what method you go with, being away for a few days might not be an issue. Something to consider.

Thanks for your insight... I will keep a journal - I can see where this will be incredibly useful... I'll be growing in a 3 gallon smart pot - soil... I'm going to try my hand w/equal parts of Fox Farms Happy Frog, Ocean Forest and Black Gold natural & organic (w/fertilizer) and Espoma Perlite... I also have advanced nutes MIcro, Grow, Bloom, Bud Candy and Big Bud... man I'm thinking maybe I should just push the surgery back like into the end of June and make sure I have a first grow under my belt w/some medication... I really don't want to be doing much of the Hydrocodone... If I were to start right after I got back on 4/04 and germinated whatever seeds (think my first should be an auto)... what kind would be right... I do have CKS feminized Hash Plant, CKS regular Morpheous, Ice Wreck and Blue Berry, or the autoflower Dwarf Low Flyer, Jack or Revolver...

I also use 3 gallon fabric pots. I had my own difficulties with FF happy frog and the FF nute trio. I switched to sunshine mix (like promix - contains no nutes and is soil-like). I think you'll like AN. I switched a few week ago and I'm really liking it. Best part - I haven't measured PH in almost 2 weeks!

I agree on going with an auto for the first one. I haven't grown a photo plant yet - but I'm trying now (white widow and haze extreme) with not much luck. With 20/4 or 18/6 they flower well and you don't need to worry about timing.

I topped the current plant and have been using LST to keep the side branches down so they get more light on the side branches and more of the colas.

I've got a 300w mars old style LED with 3 28w CFL's. Today I just got Big Bud and B52. I got Bud Candy last week. I'm hoping I see some real nice bud growth. It will be interesting to see the difference from my first 2 Jacks done with FF nutes.

I didn't take pics tonight but she's really looking good. Very alive, leaves sticking out. I tied one of the large colas to the side. I also trimmed about 20 small fan leaves that blocked bud sites. I'm happy with almost 14 days of solid growth and no setbacks.

It's too bad you have to push off the surgery but avoiding those opiates is a good move. :thumb:

Big night on day 67. A few things to share with those following along or stumbling by the first time.....:welcome:

The AN big bud and b52 is here and today is the second day of feeding with 500ml with all the nutes. It feels like I'm sort of dialed in on the watering/feeding. Almost 2 weeks of 500ml feeding daily (my other grows I watered/fed till run off) and she seems to be doing just great. Buds and trichomes are now evident. Such a huge improvement over the first pics on this journal :clap: If I can make it through the grow with this constant, this will help in all my future grows.

As mentioned, I'm trying to start a White Widow and Haze Extreme. First WW was soaked and put in paper towels. Over a week later after it didn't pop I figured I'd just put it in the 3gal pot and hope. Then I lost her - couldn't find the seed in the soil so I soaked a Haze and put it between paper towels. 8 or so days later with no Haze popping, I was going to put that seed in with the WW. Miraculously I found the WW and had a brainstorm. I took a 500ml water bottle and cut the top off, filled it will sunshine mix and now I have two hopeful seedlings. I can now start a third seed (WW again) to see if I can get a grow started soon. Shocking, I know. Put the seedling in a tiny pot and transplant it later - what an amazing idea :rofl:

I've done some LST last week and added some more yesterday. Tied one of the larger colas down. You can see that in 24 hours the tip of that cola is already pointing straight up. Trichomes look good. This close up shows how they're starting to come out of the pores (or whatever those holes are).

I hope my journals motivate people. I watch all these journals started by people that have never grown before and I'm constantly blown away by how great their first attempts are. I don't have optimal conditions (small space) and hope that people who think they could never grown their own can see mine and not feel intimated to create a journal and give it a try. My errors and challenges hopefully help others. I love seeing pictures throughout the grow so I can see how I'm doing compared to some real amazing growers.

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

IMG_4956a.JPG

IMG_495710.JPG

IMG_4947_2_.JPG

Quick update - threw another WW into a cup of water - this time with bottled water, not tap. Tomorrow between the paper towels. I'm really hoping this WW sprouts so I can get a good solid indica going. I'm running low from my Northern Lights:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom