Good clone technique

Scottsquatch

I wasnt having the best luck with rockwool so I tried a burpee brand seed mix for my 2nd attempt at clones. It seems to have worked very well. The seed mix is coco coir that has a very light amount of fertilizer in it. I am using the black cellulose pots this time and NO seed mat under the tray and dome. Last time the heating pad seemed to be too hot. Anyway, its been since Thursday and they are doing stellar. They never even got very droopy at all. I coudnt be happier with the resuts this time. Oh, btw I used clonex cloning gel as well as scraping the stems a bit. They look so good I wouldnt be surprised if some already have litte root nubs. They are very plump and full looking. These clones are from a white widow x Big bud plant a friend of mine is about to flip. I told him if he would let me practice my cloning on it that I'd give him some of the clones. If they all live, I will have 5 more plants and so will he.

Hey @Scottsquatch I've been doing a fair amount of cloning lately, I've only used rooting powder and non fertilized soil in seedling cups under a dome, wetting with sprayer, leave them there for about a week then start taking the dome on and off for maybe anothe week. Another week out of the dome and I probably am close to being able to replant. I'm wondering if they would harden and root up quicker if I was spraying them with a bit of nuted water. Fert soil isn't too hot? My success rate is pretty good but they just take a pretty long time...how long are yours taking to root enough to be transplanted?

I use clonex rooting gel mate.
Make the cut.
Dip it in clonex.
Stick into a root riot.
Put root riot into a 99p , clear plastic box.
Feed with undoctored tap water @ph7.2
PPM 048, chlorine included. Works every time.
I've even just cut a top off and stuck it straight into 350ppm Coco. Shes currently very healthy :)

Don't over think things mate. Just chop it and stick it in something where it won't dry out or drown. Won't fry or be in the dark.
Freshly sprouting branches work faster from my experience but experience is all I have. I've never looked into the subject.
Just keep shit simple and it works. They literally need nothing to get rooted up other than moisture. They suck all they need out of the leaves and it isn't much.

Use zero nutes other than rooting gel/powder would be my advice.
Don't chop the leaves off iether.

My method is.

Cut the soon to be cloned top a node down.

Strip the node at the bottom, leaving the 4 leaves uptop

Put a 45degree cut along the end of the stem.

Dip it in clonex.

Stick in root riot.

Stick in 99p, see through plastic box.

Don't leave in the dark but don't put under direct light. Just leave it in the corner somewhere you'd think they'll die and they'll be good as gold after 10-14 days of nothing but water :)

Big clone tip is, use hairy stems. those small tiny furry hairs are actually roots. I dont cut on an angle, i dont cut the leafs, i cut and put into bottle of RO water, with duck tap to block light, 5.7PH with 250PPM of BLOOM nutes, dont spray, use led 15watts house light, 18/6 after 5 days, this time im using aloe and cinnamon, and put into cocoloco, again, no spray, no dome, and once the leafs start to brown tip, they are rooting. Ive had 100% success with this method. ( well first time using aloe and cinnamon this time) used nothing last times. Ive used clonex, and have some, but seemed to slow root growth for some reason. This current clone run, im using flowered clones from a awesome plant of a cross i created. Ive found that by not spraying, it forces the clone to make roots as fast as possible to get water and nutes.

but like Barney said, dont over think it, its a weed. Keep the end wet, and they will grow.

Heck, i need to take a pic of a plant i have, and it literally has about 30 root shoots coming out of the main trunk, crazy, never seen it do that before. they are like 1/4 inch long,lol.. I cant bury it any more because i have no top pot room.

Hey @Scottsquatch I've been doing a fair amount of cloning lately, I've only used rooting powder and non fertilized soil in seedling cups under a dome, wetting with sprayer, leave them there for about a week then start taking the dome on and off for maybe anothe week. Another week out of the dome and I probably am close to being able to replant. I'm wondering if they would harden and root up quicker if I was spraying them with a bit of nuted water. Fert soil isn't too hot? My success rate is pretty good but they just take a pretty long time...how long are yours taking to root enough to be transplanted?
I use clonex. I cut the clone. Dip it, stick it in burpee seed starter coco under a dome. In about ten days they root and I can pkant them. I dont use a heat matt. I dont get a special light. I just stick them in the corner of the tent where the light is not so bright and ket them do there thing. I spray the dome lightly twice a day. Until they root. Seems to work awesome for me.

I've got well water, and diluted it for cloning with RO. I had all kinds of problems. When I switched to Arrowhead Spring water, I had better luck. This was in reservoir with sprayers.
How does all this mental well water not kill you guys? It sounds aweful. If it cant keep a plant alive it must be pretty bad for your health surely?
Something we take for granted in scotland. Sure we officially have the worlds cleanest tap water at an average of less than 50ppm. While only 100 miles away england struggles with upto 600ppm in some places.i couldnt handle drinkin that shit like. My tap water is 6 times cleaner than evian.

Heck, i need to take a pic of a plant i have, and it literally has about 30 root shoots coming out of the main trunk, crazy, never seen it do that before. they are like 1/4 inch long,lol.. I cant bury it any more because i have no top pot room.

actually, apon further review, i have 3 plants of this strain growing, and they all have these. the other 2 arnt this pronounced tho, but can see them tryin to pop out. odd, hope it isnt like a sign of to humid under neither, but not seeing signs of PM or rot,

Back
Top Bottom