Good Morning from Grants Pass Oregon

Dsunnylady

Hi Folks, Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Debbie. I am a wife, Mom, Hepatitis C Advocate and a natural Gardner and OMMP Grower in Oregon.
I got involved with the program 4 years ago when going through a bruttle treatment program of this lovley drug called Interferron. It was not fun, but it worked and I would not have been able to make it without my Buds. Hepatitis C is now listed on the OMMP list of conditions. I founded a organization called the Southern Oregon Hepatitis C coalition and am working in my community to raise awarness and educated folks about it.
Nights are cooling here in Oregon and flowers are coming on strong, Have some nice plants this year, not as mega as last year but nice. Trying some new strains this year and have a couple mystery girls going.
Speaking of strains, anyone remember colombian gold from the 70's? I sure would like to find it and bring it back. I think it would blow some of these hot shots around here away.
any way thats me, nice to meet you all. if anyone would like to talk Hep C I have had quite a education on it and if I cant answer your ? I can find out.
Keep smiling its only the world. Debbie

Re: Good Morning from Grants Pass Oregon.

Yes, I do remember Columbian gold, Acapulco gold too. My fav was Jamaican though, back in the day. Harsh as heck, but beautiful high!
Thanks for the info about hep C. I am a survivor of interferon therapy too, though it was not successful for me at all. My hepatologist then, this was back in '99, suggested the use of pot to alleviate my symptoms. Now I find myself in Arizona, and we have a mm bill on the ballot for Nov. Don't know, if it passes, that hep C will be on the list of applicable diagnoses, but I hope so.
Thanks for sharing.
zenmind/Angie

Angie, Just wanted to mention there are new inhibitors coming out that are shortening the duration of treatment and they are getting up to 75% success rates on now. I know not a fun thought expecially if you have been through it already, but neither is liver cancer. Sorry it was not successfull for you before. And yes it is on the MM list, so if your state passes law you will be good to go.

I've heard of pegalated (sp?) interferon. Is this the same thing? Sounds like they've developed even more drugs now. Need to do more research; my liver enzymes are high again, for some reason. See my hepatologist in a coupla weeks though; we'll talk about the available treatments out now. And yes, it does NOT excite me, not at all. But it'll be OK. Esp with mm!

Hi Folks, Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Debbie. I am a wife, Mom, Hepatitis C Advocate and a natural Gardner and OMMP Grower in Oregon.
I got involved with the program 4 years ago when going through a bruttle treatment program of this lovley drug called Interferron. It was not fun, but it worked and I would not have been able to make it without my Buds. Hepatitis C is now listed on the OMMP list of conditions. I founded a organization called the Southern Oregon Hepatitis C coalition and am working in my community to raise awarness and educated folks about it.
Nights are cooling here in Oregon and flowers are coming on strong, Have some nice plants this year, not as mega as last year but nice. Trying some new strains this year and have a couple mystery girls going.
Speaking of strains, anyone remember colombian gold from the 70's? I sure would like to find it and bring it back. I think it would blow some of these hot shots around here away.
any way thats me, nice to meet you all. if anyone would like to talk Hep C I have had quite a education on it and if I cant answer your ? I can find out.
Keep smiling its only the world. Debbie

Good afternoon Debbie! How you doing neighbor!!! It's my 100th post! YAY:grinjoint: My patient suffers from Hep C, he's been going through traumatic liver pain the past couple months... Really trying to get him solely on the organic meds sometime, pain killers don't help the liver. I got Alaskan Thunderfuck and Arcata Trainwreck which originate in the 70's, the old school strains are some of the best. My patient has talked about the Colombian Gold, and was also very fond of Thai-Stick, along with some crazy hashish that was in Germany along the 80's. ATF is the strain of strains to me, but everyone has there favorite! Acapulco Gold is available from Barney's, though it's not the same it's an old school strain brought back recently. My patient swears by ATF, but he doesn't like the yield, so I'm doing tests of a variety of strains now to figure which will help him and satisfy his wants to be effecient. Hope you strike gold!... Columbian Gold! :) Supposedly World Of Seeds has Columbian Gold.

My patient was looking into the interferon treatment, he's kind of uneasy about it, can you tell me about the treatment and how it worked for you? Like the effectiveness and side effects over time. Thanks!

zhummingsig.jpg

I picked up a hitchhiker Near Obrien Oregon from Grants Pass to the Redwood forest. He was a grower with a 5 gallon paint bucket full of Colombian Red. He gave me a niece little handful for my trouble. I loved it!! He called the bud Old Hippy, but I recognized it from the 70s.

Hey Debbie. Good to have a neighbor I am about 20 mins south of you. Not liking the rain today but oh well. Have a nice day.

:welcome:Dsunnylady, we are here to spread Cannabis Awareness across the globe and thank you for all the hard work you have put in with your orginazation and MMJ. I have many friends who have suffered through interferon therapy with mixed results and do wish you well in this continued struggle.
Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Back
Top Bottom