Good Question! Can YOU choose where to take your pre-employment drug test?

latinluva111

So i'm reading this article about rights regarding drug testing for employment and i find this paragraph.

"What other rights does the applicant have with regard to the drug testing process?

The applicant's basic rights extend primarily to the right to privacy as stated above and the right to question the legitimacy of the test result including the right to pay for further testing at a lab of their choice. You may have additional rights depending on your individual circumstances as well as State regulations."

Now my question is, since it says ".....including the right to pay for further testing at a lab of their choice." does this mean I have the option to take any pre-employment drug test at whatever location I want as long as I pay for the testing? Because if that's the case then I'm HOME FREE!

So can someone please look into this for me, and all rights regarding pre-employment drug tests to see if there are any loop holes in the system.

So i'm reading this article about rights regarding drug testing for employment and i find this paragraph.

"What other rights does the applicant have with regard to the drug testing process?

The applicant's basic rights extend primarily to the right to privacy as stated above and the right to question the legitimacy of the test result including the right to pay for further testing at a lab of their choice. You may have additional rights depending on your individual circumstances as well as State regulations."

Now my question is, since it says ".....including the right to pay for further testing at a lab of their choice." does this mean I have the option to take any pre-employment drug test at whatever location I want as long as I pay for the testing? Because if that's the case then I'm HOME FREE!

So can someone please look into this for me, and all rights regarding pre-employment drug tests to see if there are any loop holes in the system.

The operative word here is further. If you fail a test, you have the right to choose a test lab (for further testing), provided you pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom