Good strain for depression anxiety

K.puff&stuff

Hi guys im suffering from high anxiety and depression. I trid different strain still haven found one. Anyone have a idea on a good strain to help fight this shit. My strain crown royals and purple critical . I made rso with it and i find after a week of taking my gummies i loose it i get down and depress anxiety hits hard. I haven't tried any gumies in 3 days now and I took them for about a month everyday before bed high is there but to much bloody thinking negative thoughts I need a strain that will help with this issue I take pills to sleep been 6 year take shit med for depression as well
I don't want to just go up on cbd because the high is good. Is there a strain you guys no about that can help

Out of personal experience, Gorilla glue #4 got me through some incredibly tough times. I smoke tho, sounds like you only do edibles. GG#4 is a high THC strain and it grows very bulky buds for a respectable harvest. Tall sativa plant

Hello @K.puff&stuff

My wife has suffered from anxiety and depression for years. She is not a smoker only does edibles and tinctures. I have made s list of her top strains that she finds most helpful to her hopefully you can find help in this list as well!! Her favourite is. Northern lights or Pineapple Express with jack herer being in 3rd place.

1. Jack Herer
This sativa strain is known for producing a euphoric feeling in users. It contains limonene, one of the best terpenes for improving a person’s mood.
2. Pineapple Express
Another strain high in limonene content, Pineapple Express is basically a one-way ticket to Happy Town and is known as one of the most uplifting marijuana strains. Perhaps that’s whye they named a comedy movie after it.
3. Harlequin
While most marijuana strains that produce euphoric feelings are high in THC, Harlequin is one that actually has a 1:1 ratio between THC and CBD. So not only will it help improve your mood, but if there are any physical symptoms causing your depression, it can help with that as well.
4. Cannatonic
One of the biggest symptoms of depression can be a lack of focus or mental fogginess. Cannatonic is a great strain for both improving mood as well as improving focus, allowing you to tackle tasks that you might not otherwise have been able to do.
5. XJ-13
Another strain with uplifting properties, XJ-13 also produces a pleasant citrusy aroma. So not only will your brain feel more euphoric, but your environment will improve as well.
6. Pennywise
While Pennywise the Clown is probably the worst thing to help with your depression, the Pennywise marijuana strain is a very effective solution. Another strain high in CBD, this stain is known to give a nice mellow high to help you get through the day.
7. Laughing Buddha
As the name suggests, the Laughing Buddha strain will put you in the mood to…well…laugh. It’s one of the best strains at producing upbeat and happy vibes, and even the dumbest Dad joke will seem like the most hilarious line ever while using it.
8. Sour Kush
If you’re an experienced marijuana user looking for something particularly powerful to help improve your mood, then Sour Kush is a great choice. This hybrid of Sour Diesel and OG Kush will create a powerful high that will help you forget all of your problems.
9. OG Kush
Unlike Sour Kush, OG Kush will not deliver an incredibly powerful high. Instead, it’s more about relaxing the mind and body for a nice mellow experience. It’ll definitely help improve your mood when you’re feeling down.
10. Northern Lights
One of the most popular marijuana strains around, Northern Lights will help you forget about all your negative thoughts and just relax. It’s one of the best strains at treating insomnia as well, so if you’re depression is keeping you up at night, then you should definitely check this strain out.

Thanks you guys i made some gummies with purple critical and I was nervous at first but it was a nice smooth ride so I will add that strain as well to the list. Dutchman1990 thanks man for that list will help me out for sure. Thanks you all for your insights on strains for depression and anxiety. :) Brewer i make RSO for my gummies I call them black bears because of the tar looking oil when you mix the gummies will always be black and taste like Hell lol but the ride was nice.
:goodjob:

Cannabis is NOT a magic bullet for depression.

From what you've told us, tossing back some gummies is not going to give you long term relief.
People delude themselves by thinking that the depression they don't feel while on a cannabis high, whether it be a THC high or the effects from CBD is a Godsend or some miracle treatment.

It's not. All that is happening is the chemical effects on the brain from the cannabiods is overpowering the chemical imbalance in your brain that produced the depression in you in the first place. it doesn't last, and it doesn't eliminate depression from you longterm.

I have a long history dealing with people I love that have suffered from depression and treating it is far more complex than using cannabis. Real relief from depression takes commitment with real professionals who have spent their lives researching this insidious disease.

Robin Williams and Anthony Bordain both loved weed and look what happened to them

As a person that suffers with anxiety in a massive way i can honestly say Northern Lights makes my day that little bit better, for better affects i would grow till 9 weeks.

Im also growing O.G. Kush right now so i can tell you in the next few weeks/months how it turns out and treats me.

Iv heard some great stories on the Harlequin strain, never tried it but may do an outdoor grow with the strain.

Back
Top Bottom