Google Chrome Errors: Report All Issues Here

Added to our list of things to resolve, still working on a long list of things as well.

This one just might have to wait until the next phase of our upgrades, since the new forum software will eliminate that issue altogether.

We are hoping to be done with the big stuff, like the forum and gallery by the end of this month.

Thank you for your patience and support, we are truly grateful.

I'm having problems with "View First Unread" on threads.

Last year:
If I had viewed portions of a thread the day before, View First Unread showed me only the newer posts.
If I had viewed portions of a thread much less than a day (say 3 hours before,) View First Unread reshows me the posts I had just viewed. - no problem

Now,
When viewing a thread I looked at the night before, View First Unread reshows me everything I viewed the day before.

I don't know whether it takes 20 hours to be flagged as read, or 12 hours to be flagged as read, but the intrval is now longer - it is too long.

I spent half my time this morning and several times this year paging through threads I was caught up on several hours before trying to find my place in the thread.
Dozens of pages (spread over multiple threads) trying to find 2 pages worth of updates.

I am considering only coming to :420: every other day, as it is almost too much work to make a daily or twice daily visit

I'm having problems with "View First Unread" on threads.

Last year:
If I had viewed portions of a thread the day before, View First Unread showed me only the newer posts.
If I had viewed portions of a thread much less than a day (say 3 hours before,) View First Unread reshows me the posts I had just viewed. - no problem

Now,
When viewing a thread I looked at the night before, View First Unread reshows me everything I viewed the day before.

I don't know whether it takes 20 hours to be flagged as read, or 12 hours to be flagged as read, but the intrval is now longer - it is too long.

I spent half my time this morning and several times this year paging through threads I was caught up on several hours before trying to find my place in the thread.
Dozens of pages (spread over multiple threads) trying to find 2 pages worth of updates.

I am considering only coming to :420: every other day, as it is almost too much work to make a daily or twice daily visit

This is a new one to me, which will also be resolved when we replace the forum software by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, have you ever tried using New Posts from the header text links under Settings.

This is a new one to me, which will also be resolved when we replace the forum software by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, have you ever tried using New Posts from the header text links under Settings.

Do you really expect this to be resolved? Because this was INTRODUCED by the recent change.

New Posts would not seem to make a difference, it lists threads but once one enters the thread, one sees the "View First Unread" option.

If this behaves differently at that point, I'd be looking for different programmers who understand modular coding techniques. --- but I'm sure it behaves the same.

Do you really expect this to be resolved? Because this was INTRODUCED by the recent change.

New Posts would not seem to make a difference, it lists threads but once one enters the thread, one sees the "View First Unread" option.

If this behaves differently at that point, I'd be looking for different programmers who understand modular coding techniques. --- but I'm sure it behaves the same.

As I keep saying, we are replacing the forum software.

Anything having to do with forums, email notifications, viewing posts, page alignment, everything, all of it, has to do with our outdated forum software. It's where almost all of our bugs and problems reside, in the forums and gallery software. The software for both off these areas is being completely replaced, not upgraded, replaced. As in brand new software that has a plethora of new and exciting features and NO BUGS! :cheer:

We've already spent a thousand hours and a small fortunate getting the site-wide header, footer and new home page software setup. Now we're on our second round and should be done by the end of the month. Hang in there bro, spread the word, change is coming and all bugs will be exterminated like spider mites! :high-five:

2018 is going to be 420 Magazine's Best Year EVER. EVER.

:Namaste:

Unless your problem is with the app, which was updated by the developer a couple of weeks ago and created an issue or two.

If so, should not be reported in a Google Chrome support thread. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom