GoogleGenie Returns: Wedding Cake & Friends, Coco & RDWC, LED, ScrOG

Here is a snap of what will become my Weeding Cake mother (after a pretty awful germination success rate this time round). This little one is looking nice and healthy. As soon as roots start to pop out of the bottom i'll be moving her to Coco.

She's currently getting water + great white at PH 5.8

Hey guys. I changed out the res of the flowering ladies a couple of hours ago and fed my Week 7 recipe:

Week 7 Recipe​

BT Solar Green Power
TA CalMag
Canna Aqua Vega
Atami Bloombastic
Hydroguard

I really like Atami Bloombastic in the final couple of weeks I find it really helps the buds to put on weight.

Readings after feeding​

EC : 1.0
PH : 5.8

I had set the system to 1.0ec and PH 5.8, having just checked, the PH has risen to 6.0 which would suggest the ladies are feeding.

Day 42 Flower​

Readings this morning after the res change yesterday

The EC had dropped and the PH has risen :yahoo: a clear indicator that the plants are feeding. I'll be topping up with a 1/2 strength nutrient solution when the water level drops some more.

Day 43 Flower​

Readings this morning are:

EC : 0.9
PH : 6.0

Happy with this. PH was sat at 6.0 before lights out and hasn't moved. Water level is dropping nicely, so the ladies are happy and feeding on both water and nutrients. This is a lovely thing to see at this stage of flower.

Here they are. As usual, excuse the leaf staining. I was a struggle keeping these ladies happy in early flower.

Deep Cheese

:peace:

Day 43 Flower​

Readings this morning are:

PH : 6.0

Happy with this. PH was sat at 6.0 before lights out and hasn't moved. Water level is dropping nicely, so the ladies are happy and feeding on both water and nutrients. This is a lovely thing to see at this stage of flower.

Here they are. As usual, excuse the leaf staining. I was a struggle keeping these ladies happy in early flower.

Deep Cheese

:peace:
Looks fantastic. :thumb:

Day 43 Flower continued...​

I topped up the system with 15L(of 25L) of weak nutrient solution. I will top up the remaining 10L tomorrow:

Top up​

Botanicare Sweet Raw -> 0.3ec
Cannazyme
Botanicare Hydroguard

System is currently sat at

PPM : 450
PH : 5.9

The number of dark pistils has increased over the last day or so. I estimate ~3 weeks before I will need to begin flush.

Deep Cheese

Blue Kush

Looking great.
Cheers Vet :high-five:
Is flushing a must with DWC?
Personally I always give them a flush. If i don't flush for at least 5 days, the smoke can be a little harsh and give you a little tickle when you smoke it. It does depend on the state of the plants, if they have been over fertilised it might need a little longer. But typically, I find 5-7 days is about right for DWC.

I drain the system, fill it with fresh water + Flashkleen and let it circulate for 24 hours. Then i drain it again and fill it with fresh water only (no ph adjustment). Depending on how the EC moves I may even replace the water again a couple of days later.

Day 44 Flower​

Readings this morning:

PPM : 470

Still beautifully stable and the water level is dropping nicely. I topped up with 5L of the solution from yesterday. I'll be topping up with the remainder when water level drops some more. EC still at 0.9 (450ppm) and I kept PH at 5.9.

Tomorrow they will be getting a light defoliation, mainly of larger fan leaves, starting from the bottom. The aim of this defoliation is to improve airflow and light penetration to flowers shaded by fan leaves.

Day 44 Flower continued...​

The readings this evening:

PPM : 460
PH: 5.8

EC has risen slightly (10ppm and PH has dropped a point). I topped up the system with most of the remaining feed from yesterday. After 10mins of circulating, the system now reads:

PPM : 450
PH: 5.9

Happy with the PH sat there in case it drops again.

Day 46 Flower​

Last night the PH dropped a little to 5.6 before lights out so i bumped it up to 6.0 with 1.5ml of PH up. Readings this morning:

PPM : 500

EC is a little high so i'm going to drain some of the system later and replace with fresh nutrient solution. But overall the readings are stable and the water level is dropping at a steady rate.

Day 47​

Readings this morning:
PPM : 480
PH : 5.7

PPM has dropped a little, so the plants are feeding. PH also dropped a couple of points. Won't read too much into this. I'll top up with plain water when the water level drops a little more to try and bring the EC down. They Ec was back up to 490 last time i checked so the plants appreciated the water. I'll be starting to bring the EC down at this point.

They're flowering well, and the lady on the left, with the yellowing leaves is firming up nicely. I'm a little concerned with the yellowing going on though:

So i've started a thread here to discuss it if anyone is interested:

It could be that this plant is actually starting to finish up early, very early.

I was checking to see if the Blue Kush with the yellowing leaves is ready. I took some trich shots on this, and another similar looking bud (notice the yellowing).

Here are some shots of the trichomes I took.

They look milky to me (i think). I'll take some more tomorrow just to make sure. If that is the case. She'll be coming down soon.

What do you guys think?

Day 48 Flower​

Readings this morning:

PPM : 480

EC has dropped a tad and has PH has risen from the 5.8 I left it on. I'm wondering if the premature yellowing is nitrogen deficiency - but i really don't want to feed or spray any and disturb the other ladies flowering.

Top tip : Dont grow multiple strains in the same system folks.

Here they are:

The big Blue Kush lady

The other 2, notice that the yellowing isn't happening here:

I'm going to do a more thorough trichome check later to see if she does need to come down soon.

Back
Top Bottom