GoogleGenie Returns: Wedding Cake & Friends, Coco & RDWC, LED, ScrOG

Day 48 Flower​

Readings this morning:

EC : 1.0
PPM : 480
PH : 5.9

EC has dropped a tad and has PH has risen from the 5.8 I left it on. I'm wondering if the premature yellowing is nitrogen deficiency - but i really don't want to feed or spray any and disturb the other ladies flowering.

Top tip : Dont grow multiple strains in the same system folks.

Here they are:

The big Blue Kush lady

The other 2, notice that the yellowing isn't happening here:

I'm going to do a more thorough trichome check later to see if she does need to come down soon.
Hey brother I hope all all is good.
Nugs r looking great.
As far as that one plant I would lean on N Not 100% but it’s looking that way at a glance. As far as why maybe just wasn’t enough in her stores or her weekly feed??

I myself feed hard then back off or increase as needed depending on how my plants r doing. Nothing crazy like 1.6 to 2.0. The nutes I’m using now let me go to 2.7 ec but I never come close to that.
My mixes also change each week to meet the plants needs though out flower as their needs change every week.

The reason I do this is because I too have come across deficiencies and by time you get to this point with the time left it’s real hard to correct.

Feeding higher Ec has its own dangers but for me they r easier to spot real early and fix quickly in hydro.

Play safe and enjoy

Hey brother I hope all all is good.
Nugs r looking great.
As far as that one plant I would lean on N Not 100% but it’s looking that way at a glance. As far as why maybe just wasn’t enough in her stores or her weekly feed??

I myself feed hard then back off or increase as needed depending on how my plants r doing. Nothing crazy like 1.6 to 2.0. The nutes I’m using now let me go to 2.7 ec but I never come close to that.
My mixes also change each week to meet the plants needs though out flower as their needs change every week.

The reason I do this is because I too have come across deficiencies and by time you get to this point with the time left it’s real hard to correct.

Feeding higher Ec has its own dangers but for me they r easier to spot real early and fix quickly in hydro.

Play safe and enjoy
Hey brother! Thanks a lot for the input @KCCO 7

Do you think i should add some N for that lady or shall i just leave her, considering they only have a week or two left? I have some RAW soluble N I could feed.

Thats good to know on how you feed too. Thanks for sharing that, some good for thought :high-five:

Also, which nutrient line do you use? I’ve been debating switching up my base nutrient. I use canna aqua at the moment.

Hey brother! Thanks a lot for the input @KCCO 7

Do you think i should add some N for that lady or shall i just leave her, considering they only have a week or two left? I have some RAW soluble N I could feed.

Thats good to know on how you feed too. Thanks for sharing that, some good for thought :high-five:

Also, which nutrient line do you use? I’ve been debating switching up my base nutrient. I use canna aqua at the moment.
Not to sure with a short period of time left it’s up to you.
I use a mishmash of stuff as my weeks change. For my base I’m using green planet.
Sorry for short reply I’m back to work now.

Not to sure with a short period of time left it’s up to you.
I use a mishmash of stuff as my weeks change. For my base I’m using green planet.
Sorry for short reply I’m back to work now.
Thanks @KCCO 77 . Much appreciated. I'll probably just let them run, the others seem ok.

I'll look into the Green Planet Line. I was looking into their Terpinator product recently actually.

I'll let you get back to work. Thanks again brother :Namaste:

Day 49 Flower​

The readings this morning

PPM : 500
PH : 5.8

I've been topping up with plain water to bring the EC down and the girls are drinking it right up. I add plain water which brings the ppm down to around 470, and it slowly rises as the girls drink. If this continues i'll be draining some of the solution out of the system and replacing with a further diluted nutrient solution to being the EC down. From this point, i'll be driving my EC down slowly.

:peace:

A Lesson Learned :lot-o-toke:

It was a cold January morning, the lights are out, the chillers haven't kicked in yet. Just the smell of my morning coffee and the white noise that is the sound of the extractors fans, and the vibrations from the air pumps....

....and a hissing....

A very subtle hissing coming from the air pump can mean only 1 of 2 things.

1. One of the air lines has disconnected from the air pump. Checking.....All airlines are connected.....hhmm.

(DWC growers gasping right now)

OR

2. One or more of the airlines have slipped off the air stone. (the hissing being the increased pressure going through those lines from the pump).

AND IT DAWNS ON ME.

This yellowing:

Is the plant suffocating!

I gently pull the airlines from the bucket and sure enough, they slip out with nothing at the end of them. Both air stones, my primary, and my backup, have slipped off the airlines. Ffs!

I quickly attach 2 golf balls and push them deep into the dense now very sickly rootball.

Sprayed 15ml of Hydroguard, and 50ml of Cannazyme into the control bucket.

Sure enough, looking at the leaves when the lights came on, the plant was literally eating itself to stay alive:

Poor things. They must have been like this for days! Surviving from the secondary oxygenated water coming from the other buckets. The problem is that the rootball is so dense, it was difficult for the water to pass through.

Anyway, It's been almost a whole day and they do look to have picked up a little. hopefully I've got away with it. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Lesson learned. Premature yellowing of large top fan leaves around bud sites, mid/late flowering, or anytime I’d imagine = roots drowning/not enough o2 to root zone.

Day 49 Flower continued...​

The readings at lights out:

PH : 5.7

The PH is a little low because of feeding Cannazyme.

The leaf crisping seemed to have slowed by the end of the day. I eagerly await the morning.

I'll be keeping an eye on this big leaf. If there is still a problem, it would be curly and crispy by the morning.

You can really see the extent of the devastation:

Day 50 Flower​

Readings this morning:

PPM : 500
PH : 5.7

I added some water to bring it down to 470ppm. And this bumped the PH up to 5.8.

I need to swap out this res with my Week 8 recipe anyway. I'll do that tomorrow.

Here is a snap of one of the Deep Cheese buds a little further down on the canopy. Good trichome development

Day 51 Flower​

Fortunately, there doesn't appear to be any more curling and crisping of leaves (other than those already damaged), so i think i got away with it.

The buds are firming up nicely. I'm swapping out the rest with a low strength Week 8 recipe. I'm just letting some water circulate in the system before i drain it again and refill.

I use 2 scrog nets with these lot. I massively underestimated the stretch of the Blue Kush so needed to introduce a second net toward the end of stretch, after defoliation.

Day 52 Flower​

Last night I added 1 hour of darkness to the timer. They are half way through Week 8. I expect to be chopping in the next couple of weeks. I suspect I'll be taking down the big girl who almost drowned first, and will leave the others to mature.

Yesterday I also changed out the res with fresh nutrient solution. The readings before i went to bed:

EC : 0.8
PPM : 400

And the readings this morning:

EC : 0.7
PPM : 370
PH : 6.3

The ladies really enjoyed that res change and the reduced EC. I topped up the res with fresh solution and knocked the PH back down to 5.8. Hopefully more of the same today

These girls have been feasting today. The EC dropped and the PH has risen I topped up a few times to bring the EC up. They seem to be happy here:

PPM : 430

Iet’s see what they say in the morning.

Good night all :peace:

Day 54 Flower​

The EC has crept up overnight, the readings this morning were:

PH : 6.0

Both EC And PH have risen which would suggest the plants are drinking more water. I added 10L of plain water to bring the EC down to 430. I set the PH to 5.8

The PH continued to exceed 6.1 so i kept readjusting.

At lights out the PPM is sat at 440, a minor rise, and the PH is at 5.8. If they both rise tomorrow morning, i'll drain half the system and replace with a weak nutrient solution to bring the system EC down to 400.

Day 54 Flower continued...​

Apologies for having neglected this journal a little. Most of my time and effort is going into this journal:

It still pains me to look at the lady who nearly suffocated. She's recovered as best she could.

Fortunately the other two are alright. But on a happier note, here are some nice bud shots.

Deep Cheese​

Blue Kush​

Day 55 Flower​

Day 54 Flower​

At lights out the PPM is sat at 440, a minor rise, and the PH is at 5.8. If they both rise tomorrow morning, i'll drain half the system and replace with a weak nutrient solution to bring the system EC down to 400.
The EC did rise this morning (Day 55). This morning the readings were:

PPM : 460
PH : 6.1

So I drained the system and replaced with fresh solution at 390ppm. Within a couple of hours the PPM dropped to 370 and the EC rose to 6.1. I knocked the PH down a couple of times.

At lights out it was at 6.1. I added some cannazyme + water to the res which brought the PH down to 5.9 and added 20ppm.

The readings at lights out:

PPM : 390

Not long before these ladies come down :yahoo: I'll be checking the trichomes this weekend. If i can continue to bring the EC down enough, I won't need to flush for very long at all.

Day 56 Flower​

This morning the readings were:

PPM : 370

Throughout the day however the EC and PH both started to rise. So i added some plain water to bring it down to 330ppm. I'll leave it here and see where we are tomorrow morning.

I'm going to take down the badly damaged Blue Kush lady tomorrow and leave the other 2 going.

Will post some photos shortly...

Day 57 Flower​

The readings this morning:

PPM : 360
PH : 6.0

I knocked the PH back down to 5.8.

Today I harvested a lot of the big girl who was damaged after nearly suffocating. I filled up a few shelves of my drying rack. With her:

And now the tent looks like this. Still a few damaged colas but they still have some green leaves. Will take down some more tomorrow and leave the lower healthy growth to continue to mature.

And here are the other 2 girls. Deep Cheese in the front and Blue Kush at the back

Here is a snap of a monster Blue Kush Cola - I didn't realise it was this big because of the crowding. It's at least a foot tall, stacked with buds

And here is one of one of the larger Deep Cheese Colas, also very long. Solid as a rock

Back
Top Bottom