GoogleGenie's First Grow - LED Hydro - Northern Light Blue & Fruity Chronic Juice

Re: First Time Grow - Hydro - LED - Day 0-5 - Research & Germination

woooooow! you did a great job.can't wait to see the finished product!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thank you Sara :) I can't wait either haha! It's been a very long process, with a steep learning curve, but finally, after 6months, it's nearly time to smoke some home-grown ;)

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Evening all!

Sorry its been so long but i've been away with work on and off for nearly a month, and managing these ladies remotely and through friends, very good friends :) as a result though I'm afraid i dont have many photos.

On a different note, I'd like to tell you about a handy little invention i made to help me manage my grow remotely, while i was away i started to develop myself a little system using a microcontroller with some PH and EC sensors that i can use to monitor my RDWC and record the readings, I then created a website that i can login to and check these readings by way of a few graphs, it started out as a stoned thought, but it actually came good!! ;) But i wont go on about this unless anyone is particularly interested in it

Anyway, last week i harvested my beloved FCJ and NLB's, i dried them for 5 days (I think this could have even been too long), and here are the weights:

Fruity Chronic Juice
IMG_55343.JPG

Came in at 142g dry

And the Northern Light Blue
IMG_55335.JPG

Came in at 204g dry

So in total 346g = 12(ish)oz

Not bad for my first time! The buds are quite dense and it's a strong smoke, but i'm going to cure for a couple of weeks before i pass judgement ;)

A lot has happened in the last month or so, the good being the harvests, and the bad being that i had 2 plants die on me, both big girls, and one in veg and one in flower, I think it could have been something called Fusarium Wilt, either that or it's gnats, I saw one of the little fuckers flying around yesterday so i've ordered some gnat medicine and yellow sticky insect traps just in case.

I currently have 3 more NLB in flower in a RDWC, monitored by my little sensor system which is proving to be really useful, and allowed me to keep in touch with my girls while i was away abroad :) Once these 3 are done, i'm going to dismantle everything (while maintaining my veg in a smaller tent), give the room a good clean, and build grow room #2, having learned so much from my first grow, i should be able to make my future grows easier and more comfortable by making some small adjustments to the layout of my setup.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and i wish you all a happy green weekend!

On a different note, I'd like to tell you about a handy little invention i made to help me manage my grow remotely, while i was away i started to develop myself a little system using a microcontroller with some PH and EC sensors that i can use to monitor my RDWC and record the readings, I then created a website that i can login to and check these readings by way of a few graphs, it started out as a stoned thought, but it actually came good!! ;) But i wont go on about this unless anyone is particularly interested in it.
I am interested if you have the time, thanks !

Nice work !

Thanks you Sara :) A lot of credit I give to the my Mars II's

I am interested if you have the time, thanks !

Thanks Kimmy, i'll post a separate reply going over this solution a little later, thanks for your interest :)

Nice work !

Can we see some photographs of your dried buds?

Pictures coming up KJC, sorry for the delay

Morning all!

Here are some pictures of the buds from the Northern Light Blue and Fruity Chronic Juice, after 4 days of drying and 2 weeks of curing. After removing some of the larger stems from the buds, and some trial smoking obviously ;) it came in at just under 12oz. Here are some pics

photo_3_3_10.JPG

photo_3_1_27.JPG
photo_2_1_35.JPG
photo_1_1_39.JPG

photo_5191.JPG

photo_4280.JPG
photo_3351.JPG

photo_1_4_8.JPG
photo_2_4_5.JPG
photo_2_3_10.JPG
photo_1_3_14.JPG
photo_2_2_34.JPG
photo_4_2_18.JPG
photo_5_2_7.JPG
photo_5_1_5.JPG
photo_5_3_2.JPG
photo_4_3_4.JPG

Thank you all for your input. And i apologise for the erratic updates to this journal. I have a demanding job so it was increasingly difficult to get time to post detailed updates. However, i shouldnt be sent abroad for a while now so my next journal will have more reliable updates.

I will ask the MODs to move this to completed journals. But i will post a link to my next journal in here, you are all welcome to join. I will be running 2x 4bucket RDWC with some loose Coco pots under my beloved TopLED Mars II 1200w and 900w.

Thank you all for following and your support along the way :Namaste::peace:

I would also like to thank you personally Sara, you have always been extremely helpful and on numerous occasions you have gone above and beyond to answer my questions. My MarsII's have surpassed all expectation that I had and I cant wait to see what I can produce with them in my future grows, knowing what i know now after this first grow.

Thank you Sara, and keep up the great work! I will be in touch soon to order some more lights from you :)

Hi, google. we are friend.:cheesygrinsmiley: if u ready to buy or if there have any problem, let me know, u know i will try my best to help u. :high-five::love:
I would also like to thank you personally Sara, you have always been extremely helpful and on numerous occasions you have gone above and beyond to answer my questions. My MarsII's have surpassed all expectation that I had and I cant wait to see what I can produce with them in my future grows, knowing what i know now after this first grow.

Thank you Sara, and keep up the great work! I will be in touch soon to order some more lights from you :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, GoogleGenie.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

I was terrified at first but they paid me back for this mad love /hate relationship.
Plenty of people will tell you, don't be scared, bite the bullet. Atb with next grow, enjoyed watching this one.

I was terrified at first but they paid me back for this mad love /hate relationship.
Plenty of people will tell you, don't be scared, bite the bullet. Atb with next grow, enjoyed watching this one.

Thanks susat86 ;)

I must say Fruity Chronic Juice after a good cure is a great smoke indeed!

I'm currently vegging for my second round, all Fruity Chronic Juice. I wont start a Journal until flowering starts. By then i'll have my recirculating systems built, and my dripper system running for the ladies chillin' in Coco.

I currently have a ScrOG in one of the tents as well, i'm not 100% sure i'm going to go with it just yet, i'm finding a screen over a 4 bucket recirculating system is a challenge in the small space i have around that tent. So we'll see what happens with that one, at the very least i'll use it to shape the plants.

I'll have two 1.2m x 1.2m tents, one is 2m tall, the other 1.8 metre tall, which has the screen. The 2m tent has all of the little coco plants in at the moment. I have a smaller tent that i can move my veg to when i flip to 12/12.

One more update, i've order 2 far-red LED lamps (740nm), one for each tent, they arent bright lights, they will only be on for a minute at the beginning of the lights out period! This, according to Ed Rosenthal, will allow you to reduce your lights out by 2 hours, therefore increasing your lights on by 2 hours, and the more light the better so i think we have a winner Jerry!! If you want to know more, type "Pr and Prf" into Google if you dont know already :Namaste:

Its nearly the weekend everyone! Happy Friday to all!

Laters

GoogleGenie,

Just read this journal, very impressed with the guts you had with your first grow, I.e. scrog, hydro, cloning, etc.

Can you tell me the Amazon item number of those hooks you used for your scrog screen (or link?). I can't seem to find them in Amazon,

Thanks in Advance

Back
Top Bottom