GoogleGenie's First Grow - LED Hydro - Northern Light Blue & Fruity Chronic Juice

Re: First Time Grow - Hydro - LED - Day 0-5 - Research & Germination

I'm in KJC! Can't wait to see what you produce with LED ;)

I currently have no HID experience to gauge it against so i'm looking forward to your Brainstorm Haze to see what that produces compared to your most recent grow, which might I add was awesome! :bravo:

welcome to join us.
Good Job so far bud. I like all the pics and am also excited to see what those LED's can do.

Hey all,

Sorry its been so long since my last post, my work have sent me on back to back trips less than 2 days apart so i have been away from my girls for some time!

Anyway, other than yet another plumbing problem, requiring me to lose the Screen all together, all appears to be going well, although
I am a bit concerned that the buds are growing quite slowly, but this might be related to the fact that their feeding hasnt been optimal for the last couple of weeks. But i don't know, you tell me :)

Here is the FCJ at Day 40 (before and after Defoliation)

IMG_52222.JPG
IMG_52232.JPG
IMG_52274.JPG
IMG_52281.JPG
IMG_52293.JPG
IMG_52252.JPG
IMG_5233.JPG
IMG_52303.JPG
IMG_52582.JPG
IMG_52571.JPG
IMG_52561.JPG

I've also made some upgrades to the tent. I was going to buy a couple of reflectors for the Veg tent, and a couple of all Red UFO's for the last couple of weeks of flowering (I will be in touch about this Sara :thumb:

So, here is my full perpetual grow, 1 Veg tent (currently occupied by Auto's and small clones), and 2 flowering tents, one with a 900w Mars II and the other with a 1200w Mars II

IMG_51872.JPG
IMG_51903.JPG
IMG_51913.JPG
IMG_51881.JPG

And here is an attempts at a panoramic of the lot. Its a small space so it didnt come out great. I have definitely maximised space in this room though!

IMG_52054.JPG

And this is my intake board. One side faces the window, the other faces the inside of the room and has ducting running into both flowering tents. The Veg tent uses air from the room, which will be fresh thanks to the exhaust into my attic space

IMG_52111.JPG
IMG_52122.JPG

I also made a stand for the Veg tent so i could get some additional storage in there, not bad!

IMG_52072.JPG
IMG_52063.JPG

Here is an update on the Veg tent before it becomes a flowering tent. I have a LOT of trimming to do before i flip this lot into flowering!

IMG_51393.JPG

IMG_51972.JPG
IMG_51982.JPG

Here is Frank

IMG_51414.JPG

And here is Steve before being super cropped

IMG_52182.JPG

Hey guys

A little help if any of you are around. I have a couple of questions, all regarding bud growth on the plants.

I am using General Hydroponics Flora 3 part series, which i guess is similar to any other 3-part nute.
I have Advanced Nutrient Overdrive on the way,
and i have General Hydroponics Ripen, as well as FloraKleen for flushing.
Plus some superthrive and Vitalink Buddy.

Here comes my first question

Following the GH feeding chart, week 10 leaves out FloraGro, but should i flush before this to ensure that the FloraGro already in circulation is removed?

And here comes my second question...

Week 10 of the GH feeding chart is the "Maturing" phase. How do i know when my plants are in the maturing phase, because i should repeat wk9 (which still has FloraGro in it) until then apparently?

And my third and final question about flushing....

I know this needs to be done before harvest, but i wondered if anyone did it during flowering (or any other phase of the plants life for that matter). The reason i ask, is because i have heard that salts can build up in your system and in your plant, which would mean that it cant uptake nutrient efficiently i guess?

Please let me know if there should be anything else i should be using at this stage in the grow ;) I'll post some more pics a bit later when i get them uploaded

Thanks guys

Thanks Sara :)

Here are a couple more pics of some of the buds off the larger plants

image9391.jpg

image9385.jpg
image9384.jpg
image9383.jpg
image9382.jpg
image9381.jpg

And here are a couple of shots of my Jack 47 Autos in my second flowering tent. I've been forced to put the autos under 12/12 light as I'm out of space in my veg (18/6) tent, but apparently during this phase that should be fine for them.

image9380.jpg
image9379.jpg
image9378.jpg
image9377.jpg
image9376.jpg

Apologies for the incorrect orientation of some of those pics, I'm doing this from my phone.

Here is a pic of my second flowering tent and the ladies that occupy it

image9375.jpg
image9361.jpg

And here is current favourite lady (Frank). Check the size of the stem on this one!

image9374.jpg
image9373.jpg
image9372.jpg
image9371.jpg

Hey guys

A little help if any of you are around. I have a couple of questions, all regarding bud growth on the plants.

I am using General Hydroponics Flora 3 part series, which i guess is similar to any other 3-part nute.
I have Advanced Nutrient Overdrive on the way,
and i have General Hydroponics Ripen, as well as FloraKleen for flushing.
Plus some superthrive and Vitalink Buddy.

Here comes my first question

Following the GH feeding chart, week 10 leaves out FloraGro, but should i flush before this to ensure that the FloraGro already in circulation is removed?

And here comes my second question...

Week 10 of the GH feeding chart is the "Maturing" phase. How do i know when my plants are in the maturing phase, because i should repeat wk9 (which still has FloraGro in it) until then apparently?

And my third and final question about flushing....

I know this needs to be done before harvest, but i wondered if anyone did it during flowering (or any other phase of the plants life for that matter). The reason i ask, is because i have heard that salts can build up in your system and in your plant, which would mean that it cant uptake nutrient efficiently i guess?

Please let me know if there should be anything else i should be using at this stage in the grow ;) I'll post some more pics a bit later when i get them uploaded

Thanks guys

1) flushing may not be needed, with using the General Hydroponics nutrient feeding schedule any residual nutrients in the medium should be used up in the week 10 feeding schedule. You may also flush your plants if you wish.

2) You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Here is the 30x jewellers loupe I own

https://www.sunflowersupplies.com JEWELERS LOUPE 30X MAGNIFICATION LED LIGHT 21mm LENS

3) If your plants show distress during flowering I would flush the pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size otherwise I would not flush during flowering.

Oh man!! I'll tell you one thing for free, Google couldn't make this whole Nutrient/Additive thing any more complicated if it tried! Or maybe its me thats just complicating it :) haha

I'm trying to make sure i'm giving the plants everything they need at the right stages basically. If im using anything i shouldnt be, please tell me, also if you think i'm missing something, also, very receptive to advise :)

This is everything i own at the moment in the way of Nutrients and Additives

General Hydroponics Flora Gro, Micro and Bloom (base nutrients)
General Hydroponics FloraKleen (flushing)
General Hydroponics Ripen (end of life)
Vitalink Buddy (bud stimulator or something)
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive (steroids for the plant?)
Buddhas Tree PK 918 (Thanks Cultivator) (bud booster)
Super thrive

So my understanding on the veg phase at the moment is this:

Combinations of Micro, Gro and Bloom (superthrive for early on)
Buddhas Tree PK 918 about 1 week before the flip (i started late this time around)

And my understanding of the flowering phase is:

Combinations of Micro, Gro and Bloom (Gro stops at Week11 - Question about this shortly :))
Buddhas Tree PK 918 throughout?
Vitalink Buddy around Week 4 until Flush
Overdrive Last 2 weeks before flush

--------------------------------------------------QUESTIONS :Namaste:-------------------------
Can i use Vitalink buddy and Buddhas Tree PK at the same time, does anyone know?

Am i missing anything, am i using too much? And are my timings right? My head feels like its about to explode sometimes!

My General Hydroponics feeding chart says to swap to Week 11, when the rate at which the plant produces white pistils slows down. So essentially, to repeat week 10 feed until this point. Is this a good way to judge when to move to Week 11 and withhold Flora Gro, or can i tell this from the tricomes somehow? I have my Jewellers Loupe on the way (Thanks KJC)

Sorry for the essay :peace: And thank you for taking the time to read it :)

You will have to observe your pistils in your colas to determine when the week 11 feeding schedule should be initiated. I would not use 2 flowering boost products at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom