Gorilla Bomb Garden Many Come From One

425jesse

Hello Grow-universe, time to start the next crop! This grow should keep me busy for 4-5 months or so, maybe a little more. I really enjoyed the last time I grew out the GB, but I didnt make a mommy and want to this time, as well as take a wicked set of clones off her to fill the chamber. Hopefully in a bit more than a month, ill be taking clones, and in two months we should be off to the races with this grow. Yes, its gonna be a little slow but the process is fun so read if you want:) Last grow I gave too much nutes too soon, and let the rockwool cubes stay too wet too much. I'm not changing much from my less than ideal summer grow as far as gear goes however. Ill use the same screwy mix of led lights, use my 8 bucket recirc hydro set up, and mostly just CANNA nutes. I am switching from clay pebbles to growstone, to try that medium out. Also will likely add one or both of my 600w HID fixtures we get to flower and it starts getting colder.

Started by cycling out all old medium. Removed buckets liners and resivoir. Flushed feed and return lines. Cleaned out all components. Reasembled.

Addedd the new freshly flushed medium to bucket liners 1-6. I ran out before I got to the 7th and 8th, but I'll have plenty of time to get another bag and fill the last 2 buckets as needed.

Once the buckets were full, and the water is circulating thru the whole system, I moved the little baby gorilla into her new quarters.

I have more lights on than I need, as you can see, but the load they require, electrically, is less than the heater I have to keep the temp up, and the heater pops the breaker on the occasion. When that happens the music stops, the remote access cameras stop and half the lights go out. (yes, I know monitors is spelled wrong on the camera, observant friends of mine) Then I gotta hike my butt out to the shop and reset the GFCI. LOL.

Thank you for swinging by and checking out my new grow! Im happy and thankful you are here!

:Namaste::Namaste::Namaste:

JB

Slowly but surely we will grow right along!
4DA7C584-C27E-47D2-9102-17C8366A94F5.jpeg

See you tomorrow:)

Good morning! She is behaving just like I hope, staying short and getting wide:)

I really like this part, watching and coddling the babies, learning their traits and tolerances. When I grew these before I get the bubble bomb strain at the same time. I had a bubble bomb seed going along with this one, but once she sprouted a taproot, she stopped all growth, and the root turned brown, so I bumped her.
867F35E5-0A99-4C5B-8066-8D718F60B4C6.jpeg

Have a great day, see y’all tomorrow!

Very nice setup. I have just replaced my expanded clay pellets with new ones. I didn’t see any of that grow media at my local shop. Does it absorb water? The rocks look porous. Do they seem to influence the pH like the clay pellets do? Your media doesn’t look like it will break down like the clay pellets do over time. I will keep an eye on this thread and see what happens.

Very nice setup. I have just replaced my expanded clay pellets with new ones. I didn’t see any of that grow media at my local shop. Does it absorb water? The rocks look porous. Do they seem to influence the pH like the clay pellets do? Your media doesn’t look like it will break down like the clay pellets do over time. I will keep an eye on this thread and see what happens.
I haven’t used it before, but am
Excited to try. It is porus, but holds very little water. I like it so far, and my local grow shop suggested it as a replacement for the clay pebbles. Really I wanted something lighter so that when I cycle my system it’s not a hundred pounds of used hydro ton to haul off the property, but more like 25 pounds across all 8 buckets. I’m hoping for no fluctuation in my ph, and shouldn’t as the medium is really just expanded glass as I understand. Thanks for checking in and welcome!

Cheers!

Sunday, September 30, last day of vacation and not totally ready to go back to work. I took a peak at my gorilla garden this morning, and as expected...very little change:).

She is wider than yesterday, and maybe a little taller. Pretty exciting!
4831048D-27AA-4DA8-A2EC-7DD26EABEBB4.jpeg

I’ll hold off on the riveting updates for a few days, when we do a water swap, ph and ppm check, and photo update. See you in a few days!

Cheers!

How often do you change out grow media?
I’m interested in seeing how the seedlings do in the peat pots. I have always just placed the seedling, with a one inch taproot, into the rocks. It’s a bit hairy getting them placed right, but always works for me.

Yo Jesse!! Good to see ya growing again brother! Nice start man! Hope all has been well for you and yours!

All is well! Great to have you here Van! Hope you and yours are doing great brother!

Hey 425Jesse!

I’m subbed up for sure on this one! I just got 5 Gorilla Bombs in and want to start them in December! Excited to see what you do with them!

How do you find them for training?
820F369F-1C37-488F-A163-4855A8B8AA32.jpeg

Couple of photos for you. I absolutely love how the gorillas were in training. Very good girls. I would totally suggest the Gorilla Bomb for a great scrog strain. You should check out what the rooster has done, his single bucket scrog with GB was freaking awesome!! Cheers, and good growing, I’m excited to follow you!

Wednesday update! We have some progress, and I’m excited about it! Upon inspection today, I was able to see many roots poking out the sides of the grow plug, and a new set of leaves are perking up to start collecting light!
Water swap happened this morning-
95ppm
5.8 pH
63 degrees in the resivor.
She is pretty happy!
6C175104-3AD0-4BD5-B94E-FB110E7E4E30.jpeg

Cheers fellow growers! See you in a few days!

Couple of photos for you. I absolutely love how the gorillas were in training. Very good girls. I would totally suggest the Gorilla Bomb for a great scrog strain. You should check out what the rooster has done, his single bucket scrog with GB was freaking awesome!! Cheers, and good growing, I’m excited to follow you!

Awesome thanks for the info! My plan is to quadline her and get her big and strong before flip! Excited to follow along here and see your girls flourish! Nice photos from the last grow.. some frosty nugs !!

Greens days my friend and hope your having a good week !

Back
Top Bottom