Gorilla Glue #4 Autos In Shambles From The Start

1st feeding 2 days ago with a 1/2 cup of Geoflora veg. So realizing that is an incorrect suggested manufactures feeding
That's actually the correct amount for a 5 gallon pot- if you weighed it out like I did (half a cup= 4oz., or 112 grams)
then it would be wrong (way too much)- but half a cup, measured in a measuring cup, is the correct amount ... It doesn't seem like it would be confusing, but it sure was to me at first...

That's actually the correct amount for a 5 gallon pot- if you weighed it out like I did (half a cup= 4oz., or 112 grams)
then it would be wrong (way too much)- but half a cup, measured in a measuring cup, is the correct amount ... It doesn't seem like it would be confusing, but it sure was to me at first...
Hahaha I have seriously had way less confusion mixing 3 and 4 part mixes. Trying to learn working with a tent, Led’s and fabric pots that bleed when you water, that’s also new to me, I was pretty sure going with a 1 part dry organic nutrient would be a breeze. :lot-o-toke:

Thanks Carcass I think I’ll just spark up another one I’m still standing.:)

It’s Wednesday and day 18 on the #1 Gorilla Glue 4 and day 9 on the 3 smaller ones.
I misted all the plants last night and the 3 small ones are very dry pots they may get little water tonight. The #1 plant hasn’t had water since last Saturday when she got her first feeding of Geoflora.
I cut a couple fan leaves off today to open her up just a little.

Im not sure why but my humidity is spiking up really high to 70% when the plants are sleeping and tent is closed up. I’m just running 1 fan inside when it’s lights out. Temp is running 75f.
Any one know if that is normal in these tents?

I‘ve moved the timer 2 hours ahead over the last 2 days giving the plants an extra hour of light each day. I wanted my schedule to be lights on from 4pm until 10am then off from the 10am until the 4pm keeping them with the 18/6 light schedule and keeping the lights off later into the afternoon.
Help and Criticism always excepted and encouraged.
439D2F26-5DB2-487A-8620-F83BB70316FF.jpeg

Heres a couple pics from today.

A7F1BAEB-354C-4BBE-A453-75608ACA51AE.jpeg

36F6D11F-B172-443D-8E13-B87A0B42F44D.jpeg

It’s Good Friday and I pleased with 2 of the 4 GG4’s. It’s now day 20 on the large1 and the LST is taking shape for my given experience. I’m getting lots of open bud sets and to be honest I get a little excited finally seeing some good progress. Over the couple days I’ve removed probably 8 to 10 leaves.
Of the other 3 that are now in day 11 one is doing very well with good color and growth the other two one became sickly a mottled green yellowish leaves an stopped growing in the last 3 days. The last has been a runt slow grower and very slow to even germinate. The runt is now catching the sickly one one in growth now. From this seed bank it’s been 2 shipments and 8 seeds to get these 4 plants. Even the large one now was a bit deformed after germination and through the seedling stage. That being said I will most likely Not use that seed bank again. I have 3 more seeds to go we will see how they do in the future.

Temps are running low to high 70’s humidity 33-45%
lights are SP3000 running 18/6 cycle on 75% at 24” to the soil.
I gave the larger plant 8oz water today the other 3 split about 2 cups.
I want to keep the pots fairly dry as next weekend they will get their 1st feeding of GF and I want them to get a good thorough watering then. I think this is correct if not shout at me.

05D1DCFA-2A18-4FB1-8333-1885C3B18E76.jpeg

C73270C5-8729-4440-BA5C-7D76969624E4.jpeg

Hang in there, @Nev. I see progress!
Thank you GDB You see even the older one is a different color then the other 3. It has a nice dark green color the others are the light green. The runt the sickly one and the good one are a light green.
I’ve never even grown female seeds before as I just didn’t want the genetics messed with now today I’m trying feminized autos, it’s crazy how times change.
So are the pheno‘s of these seeds all over the place now? I can see no consistency in what I have tried here.
And yes I’m going to stick with this until I figure it out. :hmmmm:

Nev, did you put any GF in the soil before you up-potted?

If not, you may want to top feed the little ones -- use your judgement as to how much. :Rasta:

Nev, did you put any GF in the soil before you up-potted?

If not, you may want to top feed the little ones -- use your judgement as to how much. :Rasta:
@Grand Daddy Black that is a very good diagnosis. I did not amend my soil before potting the GG4 autos. #1 I was hoping the Edna’s organic potting soil would get them through the first 2weeks until their 1st feeding. #2 I didn’t even have the GF until after I had the pots readied. Most likely a big error on my part.
I have started misting / foliar feeding them twice a day with a 5-1-1 fish emulsion. After giving the sickly one and the runt a light moderate watering the sickly one has started to look a little better. Maybe she was just drying out and needed a good drink. I will start their feeding program this Friday.
Thank you GDB

It’s Easter Sunday and that makes it day 22 on the #1 GG4 auto. She is just coasting along here and slowly making a steady progress to her final destination of delivering that peace and happiness we all seek.
The #2 GG4 auto is on day 11 as is the runt and the sickly one. #2 is also just steadily moving forward with a good growth pattern that has been consistent since germination. The runt is good looking but just runting along and the sickly one is very close to being yanked and made into compost.
All in all #1 & #2 are are are keeping a smile on this tent keepers face.

I’m pretty sure I see some small pistols developing on #1. I was hoping for longer veg as she looks so small and not ready to begin flower. Looks like her next feeding This Friday will be GF 3-5-5 bloom. The #2 the runt and the sickly one if she survives will receive GF 5-3-4 veg on Wednesday.

475C89A5-4C3D-4B0E-8539-C74BA1FFC480.jpeg

57096696-927C-40D1-9E80-5EE439AE528A.jpeg

695AEA6E-224B-4D7F-9E7D-13ED06A3B8A7.jpeg

It’s Tapa’s Tuesday and I have an appetite now.
It’s day #24 for the #1 GG4 and it’s day#14 for #2, the runt and the sickly one and I‘ve been busy in the tent the last couple days.

Monday I clipped and tucked a bunch of leaves on the #1 thou she seems slow she is consistent in growth. Now that sickly one is just a tad taller then the runt. But she is just now starting to look like she may be coming around.
The runt is a good looking plant but it’s a runt period
And that brings me to #2 on her 14 day old birthday she got bent over but good and is now an official member of the LST club.

Now for today Tuesday the 6th all three 14 day olds get their 1st Geoflora veg top soil dressing. I start by aerating the 5 gallon pots of Edna’s organic potting soil I then sprinkle the 1/2 cup of GF veg onto the soil and aerate again. Then it’s watered in with a spray pump with week old tap water and a tablespoon of unsulfured molasses Per 1gal. Actually when I water I always water with the molasses and I mist the plants daily with a fish emulsion 5-1-1.
This is the 1st time the tent has had this much water in it I will need to monitor that humidity.
I also turned the Mars Hydro SP3000 up to about 82% Time too start growing lady’s.
DF00795D-4561-4C82-930A-6779AAE658B8.jpeg

LST on #2 GG4
19C523A6-7607-4D0D-8DD0-24F003BC42FD.jpeg

LST #2
89F4A142-498D-42DB-A90F-2AA02F0CB99F.jpeg

thinned out #1
822671F5-A2C0-445C-A2A8-2CDDDDFA7E91.jpeg

Group before top dressing.

77665381-CB53-46A2-838C-01BE869A28CC.jpeg

Special note: Today was also my 1st day inside a grocery store in over a year. Thanks Moderna
:peace:

Well it’s been a day. Actually it’s day 26 for the #1 and she received her 1st feeding of the GF flower. It’s a couple days earlier then the directions but I’m going to try a little heavier feeding schedule and more water.
Early this morning I trimmed a number of leaves from all the plants. The yellowing of the runt and sickly one have not improved after just one good day early in the week.
@InTheShed I believe the runt‘s leaves in far left group photo looks a lot like your yellow plant.
Im about to send the sickly one to the compost and not waste anymore time money or effort into her if I can’t get some changes within the next week.

The stick work in the photo’s was made possible watching the craftwork by @Carcass

85C1C44C-9523-429B-978B-9ED9D89A633B.jpeg

EFA82EC1-FCF1-4C02-AC6A-FBEDFA8BA1D2.jpeg

D907F32F-B6D4-4F6E-BFDA-79167CFEFFA5.jpeg

F98174A9-512E-4347-8830-1BEE34D4C378.jpeg

F6268164-8D22-4334-BE6B-5A31060AD775.jpeg

Do you have regular nutes you can try before you toss the plant?
I do but none I would use on these plants. I do have a hydro store fairly close. I could pickup some Botanicare veg nutes. I used them a few years ago and always had good results with their brand.

What might you suggest? I’ve been out of the loop for awhile now and trying to catch back up. Thank you for any help. :thumb:

Weekend update on the GG#4 auto‘s feeding the @GeoFlora Nutrients in soil.
It‘s day 28 for the #1. She has been holding steady since the beginning.
She today along with the other 3 at 18 days old all received foliar spray of 1 Tbl spoon epson salt to a gal of water.
I also gave all 4 another quart of water.

The sickly one is looking better today made a little growth and the yellowing seems to be going away.
I actually started some LST on her today.

The Runt is growing at a runts pace and the yellow leaves have shown no improvement. It’s mainly on the tips and edges. It seems as it started from the top as the lower leaves look fine.
Any ways we are going to water every other day now as it looks as thou they are liking that.
Pictures are the sickly the Runt and group. :peace:

B4C40BDC-C186-4E3E-BA71-61561229FD6C.jpeg

939732F7-BA81-4814-93C8-605D0218A887.jpeg

6FCA33AB-2A9E-47EB-BC35-812902AA53FB.jpeg

I was going to ask why, but since your plants are improving I would just stick with what you're doing!
I like to stay a little more natural and organic with my cannabis plants over my house plants and outdoor container plants that use the Jakes brand nutrients and bud boosters.
Thank you for checking in on me. I seriously need the help getting hold here.

I have a saying (that rarely comes up since I don't often post in organic journals ;)), and that is don't sacrifice the plant to the sanctity of the medium!
Well I like that a lot. I don’t have to be 100% and I’m always open for improvement.

Monday Day 30 for #1 day 20 for the other 3. All are Gorilla Glue #4 autos

Huge improvement on the Runt as the yellow is almost totally gone from the leaves and she had good growth during lights out as all the plants did. Even the Sickly one is getting a little happiness back too.

I took off a couple lower fan leaves off the Runt other then that I didn’t mess with them tonight.
No water tonight for anyone but all received another foliar spray of the epson salt solution of 1Tbl/1Gal of water.

Overall I’m pretty happy as it looks like they are getting on the right track and ready to move forward.
1B24DB33-AFBA-457C-9A41-6B14BCAA7A0E.jpeg
The Runt I’m very happy the yellow is almost gone and she grew.
AEB3442F-3860-4F34-B197-8C6038630598.jpeg
The Sickly one doing better started her LST last Saturday
2EE38C7C-CB8E-4B96-B1D1-2DDEA16716FC.jpeg
The color looks bad here but she has great color 30Days “in the hole” for #1
C1437F9D-F638-4B83-9025-6FCB15814916.jpeg
#2 She’s 20 days today.

Back
Top Bottom