Gorilla Glue by Zamnesi Seeds - Almost week 5 flowering

miyuz

420 Member
Hi there,
It's my first experience of growing cannabis, i have a GG under 1000w Led by the Secret Jardin (60*60*140) grow tent!
i didn't spend too much just using an exhaust fan and not nutrients her, happy to get some suggestion&info... thanks.

Hi there,
It's my first experience of growing cannabis, i have a GG under 1000w Led by the Secret Jardin (60*60*140) grow tent!
i didn't spend too much just using an exhaust fan and not nutrients her, happy to get some suggestion&info... thanks.
Welcome to our little virtual village :welcome:

If you need help or suggestions as to what direction to take, the first step is to ask for what you need. If you need some general suggestions, that is pretty easy to cover. You should start here:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

On the other hand, if you need some help with a plant and it's health, a picture (full picture of plant, in natural color light) is really necessary (as @Dirtdemon suggested). You can learn to deal with pictures here:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos | 420 Magazine ®

We hope you stick around, read some journals, ask some questions and just be an active part of the group...... :thumb:

Nice, my first grow was also GG under 2 vipar spectra 600s. I had decent results. What's the power draw of your light? I think each of my vipars was 230 watts.

You can check out my grow journal in my sig to see the outcome if you like.

Be careful with that GG! It'
a strong strain haha. Always messed me up good!

Nice, my first grow was also GG under 2 vipar spectra 600s. I had decent results. What's the power draw of your light? I think each of my vipars was 230 watts.

You can check out my grow journal in my sig to see the outcome if you like.

Be careful with that GG! It'
a strong strain haha. Always messed me up good!

Amazing plant and sour-sweet smell, It's 1000w full spectrum!

haha! i'm always looking for stuff like that :)

Nice! You're sure its not just named "NAME 1000" with less power draw? Most LED's like my "Viparspectra 600" means its just the equivalent to a 600w hps or something like that, even though its only 230 actual watts. Same for my new Mars 2 1600 (equivalent) even tho its 632 watts power draw. It actually states on that one its equivalent to a 800 watt hps, so i guess the number it reads is usually half as much equivalent to hps.

Power Consumption: Energy saving, consumes only 220W ~ 260W power and much brighter. Its equivalent to a hps of same power draw so a 1000w hps (actual 1000w power draw) would obliterate this one light you have. Always keep an eye on the power draw as thats what the actual power wattage of the light. LED's love to say they are equivalent to 1k watts when its really not.
My 2x viparspectra were 230W each and my new mars is 630W (almost 3x more powerful than your current light). You would definitely see an increase in overall quality/quantity by upgrading your light in the future if growing more than 1 plant, but for a single plant i think that should due just fine. Unfortunately i didnt see a spectrum chart to see how many blues and how many reds, cause you want more reds (for flowering) vs blues (for veg)

PPFD:

500(μmol/m²/s)/13Inch(high)

385(μmol/m²/s)/16Inch(high)

150(μmol/m²/s)/24Inch(high)

Those numbers right above are what you're also looking at. Marijuana grows 'decently' under 500 umol's as i learned from my first grow. The closer the light to your plant, the more umol's its getting. Anything under 500 is not recommended as i've read that anything below 500 is asking for larfy/airy bud and lower quality. Sure it'll work and can still be used as a starter light (like my vipars haha) but if you want to see an overall increase in everything, shoot for either A: getting light as close as u can without burning your plants to increase beyond 500 umols Or B: Upgrading to a light that advertises 500+ umol's at 24' and even better at 18'. The higher the light is, the better the spread but the weaker the umol's so if u get a light with powerful umol's it gives you more wiggle room for hanging height.

So here's a overview of what to look for when getting a new light:

BELOW: My vipars, you can see the blue vs red spectrum here. My plants did amazing in veg growing but not nearly as well as they could have done in flowering because of the low red. You always want a bit higher in red than you do blue. I was surprised when i learned that after seeing such a low red spectrum for vipars 600.

BELOW: There is my umol coverage at that hanging height. I can increase the numbers further by hanging it even closer to my plants if i can get away without light burning or heat burning my plants. By lowering it closer tho, im decreasing that spread so it covers less and less plants. For your small tent you would be okay since you're only covering a single plant.

BELOW: Here is my upgraded light after i learned everything about umol's and the color spectrum. You can see its clearly better than the vipars i had and does indeed have slightly higher red vs blue.

BELOW: And here is the umol coverage at the advertised hanging height. Amazing numbers and in my 4x4ft tent im getting 1200 umol coverage even in the corners! Thats why i love this light :3 although its still my first grow with this new light lol, come harvest im expecting much better weight amounts :D Imagine if i lowered this light closer than what its listed, i would probly kill my plants lol. Plants can absort up to 100k LUX (or lumens? dunno the difference)from what i've seen mentioned before, i never pay any attention to the LUX/Lumens tho lol. Plants can absorb up to i think 1500 umol's without c02 addition. Anything higher than 1500 and your plants just arent using it due to lack of c02. This is why some people run a controlled environment with c02, so they can take advantage of higher than 1500 umol's and push their plants to their absolute limit.

hope this helps! Spent hours researching lights before i finally decided on purchasing my mars 2 1600 for $470

Power Consumption: Energy saving, consumes only 220W ~ 260W power and much brighter. Its equivalent to a hps of same power draw so a 1000w hps (actual 1000w power draw) would obliterate this one light you have. Always keep an eye on the power draw as thats what the actual power wattage of the light. LED's love to say they are equivalent to 1k watts when its really not.
My 2x viparspectra were 230W each and my new mars is 630W (almost 3x more powerful than your current light). You would definitely see an increase in overall quality/quantity by upgrading your light in the future if growing more than 1 plant, but for a single plant i think that should due just fine. Unfortunately i didnt see a spectrum chart to see how many blues and how many reds, cause you want more reds (for flowering) vs blues (for veg)

PPFD:

500(μmol/m²/s)/13Inch(high)

385(μmol/m²/s)/16Inch(high)

150(μmol/m²/s)/24Inch(high)

Those numbers right above are what you're also looking at. Marijuana grows 'decently' under 500 umol's as i learned from my first grow. The closer the light to your plant, the more umol's its getting. Anything under 500 is not recommended as i've read that anything below 500 is asking for larfy/airy bud and lower quality. Sure it'll work and can still be used as a starter light (like my vipars haha) but if you want to see an overall increase in everything, shoot for either A: getting light as close as u can without burning your plants to increase beyond 500 umols Or B: Upgrading to a light that advertises 500+ umol's at 24' and even better at 18'. The higher the light is, the better the spread but the weaker the umol's so if u get a light with powerful umol's it gives you more wiggle room for hanging height.

So here's a overview of what to look for when getting a new light:

BELOW: My vipars, you can see the blue vs red spectrum here. My plants did amazing in veg growing but not nearly as well as they could have done in flowering because of the low red. You always want a bit higher in red than you do blue. I was surprised when i learned that after seeing such a low red spectrum for vipars 600.

BELOW: There is my umol coverage at that hanging height. I can increase the numbers further by hanging it even closer to my plants if i can get away without light burning or heat burning my plants. By lowering it closer tho, im decreasing that spread so it covers less and less plants. For your small tent you would be okay since you're only covering a single plant.

BELOW: Here is my upgraded light after i learned everything about umol's and the color spectrum. You can see its clearly better than the vipars i had and does indeed have slightly higher red vs blue.

BELOW: And here is the umol coverage at the advertised hanging height. Amazing numbers and in my 4x4ft tent im getting 1200 umol coverage even in the corners! Thats why i love this light :3 although its still my first grow with this new light lol, come harvest im expecting much better weight amounts :D Imagine if i lowered this light closer than what its listed, i would probly kill my plants lol. Plants can absort up to 100k LUX (or lumens? dunno the difference)from what i've seen mentioned before, i never pay any attention to the LUX/Lumens tho lol. Plants can absorb up to i think 1500 umol's without c02 addition. Anything higher than 1500 and your plants just arent using it due to lack of c02. This is why some people run a controlled environment with c02, so they can take advantage of higher than 1500 umol's and push their plants to their absolute limit.

hope this helps! Spent hours researching lights before i finally decided on purchasing my mars 2 1600 for $470
know many with Vispar's that use supplemental "flower" lighting - Viapar's are noted to be very bright - but for the price OK

Back
Top Bottom