Gorilla Zkittles, Zkittles Auto & More: First Grow Journal!

CookieMonster420

This is my first grow journal but not my first grow. I have been poking around 420mag for a few years and have learned so much priceless info. There are a few people on here that I owe so much to and they don't even know they have been helping me. So even though I feel like I still have so much to learn I figured if my journal, and mistakes, can help just one person it would be worth it. Also any advise would be greatly appreciated.

This journal will be mainly 2 Gorilla Zkittles and 3 Zkittles Auto but I do have 3 unknown photos going that are about to be flipped anyday. The 3 photos were originally supposed to be tangerine dream autos from gyo seeds. This is the 3rd time gyo has given me the wrong seeds and will be the last because I'm not ordering from them anymore, Ill mostly be using seedsman from now on as I've had no problems with them. I'm gonna try and list most of the stuff I'll be using throughout the entire grow so you can get an idea of what I have going on.

SEEDS
2 Gorilla Zkittles - Barneys Farm
3 Zkittles Auto - Fast Buds

LIGHTS
450W LED - VEG
Haven't decided - Flower

GROW SPACE
3x3x5 ds60 tent - VEG
7x11x8 closet - Flower

NUTRIENTS
Medusa's Magic - Nectar for the Gods
Gaia Mania - NFTG
Athena's Amines - NFTG
Demeter's Destiny - NFTG
Herculean Harvest - NFTG
Zeus Juice - NFTG
Bloom Khaos (Foliar) - NFTG
Tritons Trawl - NFTG
Olympus Up - NFTG
Hades Down - NFTG
Mykos - Xtreme Gardening
Azos - Xtreme Gardening
Photosynthesis Plus (Foliar) - Microbe Life
Root Dip (Foliar) - Microbe Life
Full On - Grow Switch
Hi-Brix Molasses - Earth Juice

Soil
Fox Farm Ocean Forest - Fox Farm
I added 4 quarts of perlite, 2 tbsp of Azos, 1/2 cup of Mykos and 1/4 cup of dolomite lime to 1.5 cu ft of ffof.

Timeline so far
1-15 Put seeds in water to soak for 18hrs
1-16 Put seeds in wet paper towel
1-17 Put seeds in soIL

I'll make another post and add some pictures later, I need to read a few threads to make sure I post pictures correctly. But I hope anyone who decides to join me enjoys what I do. Anytime you have any questions, concerns, suggestions or you just wanna tell me I royally screwed up feel free to let me know.

This is most of the stuff that I will be using throughout the grow. I know it looks like a lot but I have been extremely happy with Nectar for the Gods used along with Azos and Mykos.
20190118_072612.jpg

This is the tent setup for veg, there is a 6in booster fan on top for exhaust when I need it.
20190118_071845.jpg
20190118_071828.jpg

These are the photoperiod plants that were supposed to be tangerine dream autos from gyo seeds. I forgot to mention I took 6 clones from them. They have been in the rockwool for 3 days I believe. I don't really need them but I wanted to have the option to preserve the genetics if the plants turn out to be something out of this world. You never know lol.
20190118_072101.jpg
20190118_071549.jpg
20190118_071510.jpg

Looking great bro, I will sub up. I was actually wanting both of those strains but of course they were both sold out. You have some fire on your hands cant wait to see what you do with them.

Looking great bro, I will sub up. I was actually wanting both of those strains but of course they were both sold out. You have some fire on your hands cant wait to see what you do with them.
Thanks for stopping by brother. I'm pretty excited about both strains. I actually read your journal last night and that alien og was just beautiful, you did a great job.

I’m here! Looks like your off to a good start! Gorilla Zkittles! I Am getting a clone of it soon and I am really excited!

Looking forward to seeing these girls grow up! So the photoperiods then ... do you know the strain? Or just mislabeled autos that are now mystery seeds

Thanks for stopping by brother. I'm pretty excited about both strains. I actually read your journal last night and that alien og was just beautiful, you did a great job.
Thank you bro she was the easiest plant ive grown to date.

I’m here! Looks like your off to a good start! Gorilla Zkittles! I Am getting a clone of it soon and I am really excited!

Looking forward to seeing these girls grow up! So the photoperiods then ... do you know the strain? Or just mislabeled autos that are now mystery seeds
They are a mystery, if I had to guess I would say just a photoperiod tangerine dream and whoever packed the seeds at gyo grabbed the wrong ones. But that's why I decided to take a few clones just incase they turn out to be something fire that I might wanna keep around for awhile. Anyway thanks for checking out the grow man I really appreciate it.

WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!! The 2 Gorilla Zkittles and 3 Zkittles Auto have all sprouted and started their little adventures. Today was also the first day of 12-12 for the mystery photo girls. I foliar fed them with Bloom Khaos this morning as the lights were going off and let me tell you they looked happy when the lights came back on tonight. Their leaves were at attention and praying. Im pretty excited for flower to see what they can do, they look very healthy and have a ton of branching and bud sites. The branches aren't as thick as I would like so they might need some support eventually but if that's the worst thing that happens to them I'll take it. Here are some pictures of todays fun.
20190119_202117.jpg
20190119_202132.jpg
20190119_202147.jpg
20190119_202207.jpg
20190119_202216.jpg

I tride to get a picture of all the braching on these mystery girls, I don't know if you can really see it but to me it seems better than plants Ive had in the past.
20190119_201838.jpg
20190119_201938.jpg
20190119_201755.jpg

Good looking grow. That's quite a list of nutrients.
That's what I get for hanging out in the grow shop and watching too much youtube. It's not that bad though, unless I'm in a hurry. There's really no rushing it. I've got down a pretty good system but it still takes a little bit of time.

Today is day 6 of veg for the Zkittles Auto and Gorilla Zkittles. It's also been 6 days since I flipped the mystery photo girls to 12/12. Everything seems to be going smoothly right now and I hope it stays that way. I'm really excited to see what the autos do next to the GZ, I've never started autos and photos side by side. It will be interesting to see the difference in growth. Fast buds says that the Zkittlez grow extremely fast. Time will tell.

20190125_201427.jpg
20190125_201450.jpg
20190125_201639.jpg
20190125_201649.jpg
20190125_201713.jpg
20190125_201743.jpg
20190125_201807.jpg
20190125_201835.jpg

Going try my best to keep up with your grow. Us Gorilla Zkittles growers need to stick together ;) Just gotta say (for names sake) you better grow the Cookie Monster strain in your next grow. I think you would like it
1F4659BA-934B-4D1E-8F6C-485B4494D173.jpeg

Going try my best to keep up with your grow. Us Gorilla Zkittles growers need to stick together ;) Just gotta say (for names sake) you better grow the Cookie Monster strain in your next grow. I think you would like it

We sure do brother. I was pumped when I found your journal and saw our start dates weren't to far off. I'll take any extra help or little advantage I can't get lol. And you know that Cookie Monster is on my list of strains to scoop up. It's on the short list but it hasn't ended up in an order yet for some reason. What breeder is yours from, that is badass looking?

Going try my best to keep up with your grow.

I forgot to say thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow, I really appreciate it. I don't get to share my grow with anyone in person, for security concerns, so it's cool to have other people check it out on here. I also hope if I'm royally screwing something up someone will notice and educate me lol.

We sure do brother. I was pumped when I found your journal and saw our start dates weren't to far off. I'll take any extra help or little advantage I can't get lol. And you know that Cookie Monster is on my list of strains to scoop up. It's on the short list but it hasn't ended up in an order yet for some reason. What breeder is yours from, that is badass looking?

Seedsman has them and are from the same company Garden of Green Now it says Autoflowering with it but I’m pretty sure they are not because they grew at the same rate as all my feminized seeds on my first grow. That was over 130+ days start to finish. Had I known I would of topped her more then once

Seedsman has them and are from the same company Garden of Green Now it says Autoflowering with it but I’m pretty sure they are not because they grew at the same rate as all my feminized seeds on my first grow. That was over 130+ days start to finish. Had I known I would of topped her more then once

Cool seedsman is what I have been useing lately anyway so I'll probably grab some next time I order. I was just checking out your grow diaries stuff and it looks good man. You had a bunch of good strains going, having such a variety of smoke to choose from is nice.

Cool seedsman is what I have been useing lately anyway so I'll probably grab some next time I order. I was just checking out your grow diaries stuff and it looks good man. You had a bunch of good strains going, having such a variety of smoke to choose from is nice.

I need too for the family. My mom takes it for sleep/pain aid at night, like myself. The only thing is that can only take one strain for 2-3 nights in a row and it looses any real benefits on the 3rd or if we push it, 4th night. I also have my cousin and her husband that like to partake too and are living with us at the moment. So a couple of social strains for movie watching or hanging out was needed. Cinderella 99 was given as a sample from a friend and is the perfect strain for movie watching on my projector screen setup. Given a clone but was infested with spider mites and had to toss her in my last grow but took a few popcorn nuggs to see if they did anything. It’s ok but not nearly what we got from the free sample we were given.

So current grow I have 2 I know we liked and 5 to see if I will like them too. Tried Gelato from a nearby illegal shop and loved. Hoping Gelat.OG is pretty much the same, plus it was a freebie seed

VEG DAY 12 - The little ones are doing great. They have started to cruise right along, i can see a good amount of growth from day to day. I'm a little surprised to see that the Gorilla Zkittles are just slightly ahead of the Zkittles Auto. I would have thought the autos would be growing a bit faster. They all get watered once a day still in the morning.

Day 12 Since Flip - The mystery girls are doing good and getting their stretch on. I did some defoliating a bit before flip but they have filled right back in. I remember reading somewhere that you are supposed to wait, I think it said something like 14 to 18 days into flower, before doing another defoliation. Is that correct? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm worried that the branches might be on the small side and was wondering if anyone had any experience with silica? Is it to late to use it to strengthen them up a bit and which brand would you recommend? Anyway here are some pictures.

20190130_075247.jpg
20190130_074744.jpg
20190130_074800.jpg
20190130_074819.jpg
20190130_074837.jpg
20190130_074857.jpg
20190130_074909.jpg

VEG DAY 16 - Growth is moving right along with them all. They are still pretty much even, within a set of leaves or so of each other. One of the Zkittles Auto does have some very faint spots coming through on a leaf, I'll put up a picture, if anyone has any thoughts feel free to educate me. I know sometimes they say ocean forest is a little hot for seedlings so I don't know if maybe that could have something to do with it.

Day 16 since flip - The mystery girls are doing great. Bud sites and branches everywhere, I think they are gonna be exciting to watch throughout flower. It's getting a little thick so after they are for sure done stretching they will be getting an intense haircut. I'm done foliar feeding so I added the Bloom Khaos, Photosynthesis Plus and Full On to my regular feeding. I also got some silica a couple days ago and have used it once so far. The branches are just a little smaller than I'm used to so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and strengthen them up a bit.

About a year ago I switched to Nectar for the Gods nutrients and it has been great. It's definitely not a one or two bottle system but I enjoy working with my plants and spending time working on them so I don't mind mixing everything up. I have had great results including a 9oz Fruit Punch Auto from Heavyweight seeds. Between NFTG and Azos/Mykos I've seen great results. So I figured I'd share my most recent feed mix.

Early Flower Feed
NFTG-

Medusa's Magic - 6ml
Gaia Mania - 6ml
Athena's Aminas - 6 ml
Demeter's Destiny - 3ml
Herculean Harvest - 12ml
Zeus Juice - 3ml
Tritons Trawl - 4ml
Bloom Khaos - 2.5ml
Olympus up (ph up) - 3ml
Microbe Life-
Photosynthesis Plus - 1ml
Grow Switch-
Full On - 1ml
Botanicare-
Silica Blast - 3.5ml

PH 6.4

20190203_225709.jpg
20190203_230118.jpg
20190203_225801.jpg
20190203_225828.jpg
20190203_225837.jpg
20190203_225847.jpg
20190203_225859.jpg
20190203_225921.jpg

This is the leaf that is starting to show something. Any thoughts?
20190203_230009.jpg

Hope everyone is having great luck in their gardens.

Back
Top Bottom