Goshawk's Medicine Man Organic Soil

Dang it anyway Goshawk!!!

Sorry I've been so mia, things have been a little hectic but all is well now. :Namaste:

I am so disappointed that this happened...You have such an amazing talent and to have this happen is just bs :nomo:

If you plan on journaling the next one I will be awaiting your arrival =)

Holy crap Goshawk!! 13 out of 13!?? Thats $100 worth of seeds...I'd have picked the best one or two and flowered him out, saved the pollen and made some seed on the next run, just to make your investment back lol...So sorry brother, I know that must have been a kick in the sack...You know you'll make up for it on the next one, and I'll be front row. Keep us updated on the link please, when you get it going. Well wishes my friend, hope to see ya soon!:Namaste:

Dang it man! that really bites I would mention that to the seed bank for sure! not that its their falt but maybe they will through some pitty beans at yah. I love the photos it looks ready to hunt. Male or female?
Godspeed on the next journal! cant wait.

I sent a message to the breeder and he said this is only the second time he has heard of this. He said the first
time he thought the seeds were irradiated which I think must mean they were x rayed. I don't know if that could
do it but he said to pick any seeds I want and he will send them to me no charge. So that is as good customer service as I could have expected and thanks goes out to Shantibaba from Mr.Nice seeds and research. Thanks on the photos although I didn't take the one of Willow the female Redtailed hawk who was my hunting partner for two years before she felt the call of the wild. I will have a new journal up in couple of weeks. It was good to have you here gittergreen and I'll be glad to see you on the next one!.......:hookah:.....

That is a bummer ! Have you considered selecting a good pheno for a mother out of your next seeds? Then you can have a perpetual grow by cutting clones off your mother whenever they are needed, and you can be sure it is a female. Just a thought, saves time & seeds

Yes, I do think about it but here in Washington I am limited to fifteen plants to stay legal and with plants in the veg and flowering phase plus mothers and clones the numbers don't work out well for me although I do plan on finding a good mother with the Chemdawg #4. What I would like to do is become a caregiver for a patient who cannot afford his or her medication. That way I would be helping someone in need and would also be able to grow thirty plants which would be plenty for what I want to do. Thanks Stoned4daze61 for being here and I hope to see you on the

next one!.......:smokin:.....

That's crazy Brodda... 14 of 18 are definite males... I 've never seen, heard or read of that before until now. So.... Whats next? Are ya gonna chalk it up as a freak thing or look for a different seed supplier? Even with fem seeds I still had 2 herms, so I guess seeds aren't an exact science.

Dang it anyway Goshawk!!!

Sorry I've been so mia, things have been a little hectic but all is well now. :Namaste:

I am so disappointed that this happened...You have such an amazing talent and to have this happen is just bs :nomo:

If you plan on journaling the next one I will be awaiting your arrival =)

Hello MissBud! I'm glad things are getting back to normal with you. I was visiting your journal the other day
and must have gotten distracted because I forgot to post. It's great to see your plants are doing well and
that you will have a good harvest! I plan on starting a new journal in a couple of weeks and will be happy
to see you there!!........:thanks:......

Holy crap Goshawk!! 13 out of 13!?? Thats $100 worth of seeds...I'd have picked the best one or two and flowered him out, saved the pollen and made some seed on the next run, just to make your investment back lol...So sorry brother, I know that must have been a kick in the sack...You know you'll make up for it on the next one, and I'll be front row. Keep us updated on the link please, when you get it going. Well wishes my friend, hope to see ya soon!:Namaste:

Yeah man I would to be too worried to let pollen loose in my flower room and I'm getting a replacement pack of Black Widow! Thanks Quixilvir I didn't let it get me down too much. The hard part was waiting until the seventh
and eighth week for the preflowers to show. I didn't really like these plants a whole lot because of that and the small leaves although they responded real well to multiple toppings. It's either that or somehow I knew they were
all duuudes!!......:grinjoint:......I am really looking forward to growing the Chemdawg #4. It is the best marijuana I
have ever smoked and when I bought the seeds Dr Greenthumb said it's the best marjiuana and the the most beautiful plant in the world by far! So that just added fuel to the anticipation. Anyway thanks for sticking with
my journals and there will be a cold one next to your chair down the road in a couple of weeks!.......:smokin:.....

Yeah man I would to be too worried to let pollen loose in my flower room and I'm getting a replacement pack of Black Widow! Thanks Quixilvir I didn't let it get me down too much. The hard part was waiting until the seventh
and eighth week for the preflowers to show. I didn't really like these plants a whole lot because of that and the small leaves although they responded real well to multiple toppings. It's either that or somehow I knew they were
all duuudes!!......:grinjoint:......I am really looking forward to growing the Chemdawg #4. It is the best marijuana I
have ever smoked and when I bought the seeds Dr Greenthumb said it's the best marjiuana and the the most beautiful plant in the world by far! So that just added fuel to the anticipation. Anyway thanks for sticking with
my journals and there will be a cold one next to your chair down the road in a couple of weeks!.......:smokin:.....

I'll be there!!:high-five:

Just for the record, you can kill pollen easily with water, so a good spray down of the room after pollen collection should suffice. Sorry, I'm just a little obsessed with breeding the last 6 months lol! I wont push the issue on ya, and it sounds like your supplier has taken pretty good care of you so heres sending you good vibes for the next run! Black widow is the original White widow if I'm not mistaken right?
On the ChemDawg4...Is that the same a Chemdog D? I'm a huge fan of Sour Diesel, and pretty much all "Chem" strains so far. Half my seed stock is "Chem" related...The Chemwreck Kush I just harvested is a banner strain, and the best herb I've grown to date. I currently have two Chemmy Jones plants about to go into flower also. I have seeds of Headband (Sour DieselxOG Kush) and a few other "Diesel" strains as well. Simply put, I love all strains I have come across, that have ChemDawg in the lineage...Sorry to ramble, I'm off to research a bit on the difference between "Dawg" and "Dog":nomo:

I'll be there!!:high-five:

Just for the record, you can kill pollen easily with water, so a good spray down of the room after pollen collection should suffice. Sorry, I'm just a little obsessed with breeding the last 6 months lol! I wont push the issue on ya, and it sounds like your supplier has taken pretty good care of you so heres sending you good vibes for the next run! Black widow is the original White widow if I'm not mistaken right?
On the ChemDawg4...Is that the same a Chemdog D? I'm a huge fan of Sour Diesel, and pretty much all "Chem" strains so far. Half my seed stock is "Chem" related...The Chemwreck Kush I just harvested is a banner strain, and the best herb I've grown to date. I currently have two Chemmy Jones plants about to go into flower also. I have seeds of Headband (Sour DieselxOG Kush) and a few other "Diesel" strains as well. Simply put, I love all strains I have come across, that have ChemDawg in the lineage...Sorry to ramble, I'm off to research a bit on the difference between "Dawg" and "Dog":nomo:

Good luck with your breeding plans Quixilvir! With having to keep my plant numbers at fifteen to stay legal it's real limiting to what I can do. Yeah the Black Widow is the real White Widow. The two breeders at Mr.Nice are the ones who bred the Cannabis Cup winners for The Greenhouse like Super Silver Haze, White Rhino, Black Widow etc and took the mother and father plants with them when they quit. So if you're after some old school genetics that are the real deal that's the place to go. I think they may be different phenotypes of '91 Chemdog but I'm not positive.
I haven't tried the Diesel strains yet but from the descriptions that's definitely on my list of things to do!....:Namaste:.....

That's crazy Brodda... 14 of 18 are definite males... I 've never seen, heard or read of that before until now. So.... Whats next? Are ya gonna chalk it up as a freak thing or look for a different seed supplier? Even with fem seeds I still had 2 herms, so I guess seeds aren't an exact science.

Hey Dumpy! Yeah I figure it's just the luck of the draw. If I was to guess I think old seeds might be it. I am going to buy seeds direct from the breeder whenever possible from now on. The breeder is sending me a pack of Black Widow as a replacement which I picked from his catalog. The hermie issue with feminized seeds was why I thought I was going to just run regular seeds. They both seem to have there benefits along with a down side. There is a product which I haven't used yet but from some research on the forums it does seem to work to stop a plant that is starting to hermie and is also used as a hermie preventative. It's called Dutch Masters Reverse which has to be used with a product called Saturator from the same company. GOLD_RANGE_REVERSE Product | English

Oh, man. That's rough....what are the odds? near impossible. I'm glad you're staying positive, and I'm sure your next grow will start off just as awesome but will finish better.

Thanks SurfBuddy! I started germinating Chemdawg #4 and Space Dawg today so it won't be long

until I start another journal so I hope to see you there!!.......:surf:.........

I'll be there. I just started germing today too...

Barneys farm Liberty Haze -fem
DNA Genetcis Stacked Kush -fem
Hazeman 88 g13 Hashplant -reg
Reserva privada Kosher Kush -fem

I can only hope to do them the kind of justice you will with your dawgs

Damn Goshawk...I just caught up with your journal and I am so sad to see that those beautiful plants turned out male... what a bummer man.... It is good that the seed company is going to compensate you with a new batch of seeds and I am excited to see whats next for you. I am impressed with your skills and what you have done with this grow. Can't wait to see your next round!!!!

I'll be there. I just started germing today too...

Barneys farm Liberty Haze -fem
DNA Genetcis Stacked Kush -fem
Hazeman 88 g13 Hashplant -reg
Reserva privada Kosher Kush -f

I can only hope to do them the kind of justice you will with your dawgs

Looks like some top notch genetics SurfBuddy!
Thanks I hope your grow goes smooth and I'll see ya

a couple weeks down the road!!......:smokin:.....

Damn Goshawk...I just caught up with your journal and I am so sad to see that those beautiful plants turned out male... what a bummer man.... It is good that the seed company is going to compensate you with a new batch of seeds and I am excited to see whats next for you. I am impressed with your skills and what you have done with this grow. Can't wait to see your next round!!!!

Thanks for the compliments Icemud! The Chemdawg #4 and the Space Dawg seeds all germinated and about half have sprouted through the soil so far. I am really looking forward to this run and I'll be glad to see you there once
I get the journal up!.......:allgood:.....

I want to add that I do not recommend this method of early and continuous topping when growing from regular seeds. Although not a lot, topping does cause the plants some stress. Any stress along with other factors like high temperature, low humidity, and low moisture and nitrogen levels in the soil must be avoided especially around the third and fourth week of vegetative growth or more male plants will show. If you want to top plants grown from regular seed then I believe the best way would be to wait until after the plants have shown their sex around the fifth week of vegetative growth. That's all I've got for now so y'all take care!......:surf:....

Back
Top Bottom