Goshawk's White Widow Super Silver Haze organic soil

Goshawk

:welcome: to my first marijuana grow and journal!....:rollit:
10 Seedsman Seeds white widow feminized South Indian hybrid indica/ Brazilian sativa 60/40
5 Greenhouse Seeds super silver haze feminized sativa/indica skunk/ northern lights/ haze
Beginning of third week
Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
6"-2 gallon-10 gallon pots
4 4' 40 watt fluorescent lights first week
HTG 1000 watt digital metal halide additional 1000 watt hps light will be added for flowering
440 cfm inline fan for cooling
Mexican Jamaican Indonesian bat and seabird guano, earthworm castings, kelp with many beneficials mixture for teas
Vegetative Formula 14-6-4
Bloom Formula 2-14-4
Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1
Black strap molasses :peace:

100110.jpg

10031.jpg

10061.jpg

005609.jpg

10201.jpg

Thanks dekon and Tamemoe for posting in my journal and wishing me luck with my grow. Last week I had somewhat of an event. I had started my plants and had been growing them in the kitchen while I was finishing my grow room. Well about 5:30 in the morning I heard an explosion so I went into the kitchen and to my horror the water heater which was a few feet from my plants had fallen through the floor into the crawl space and pulled the water lines off from the wall. Water was blasting across the room and the place was sizzling from the 240v. Eventually I was able to get the water shut off and was able to save my ballast and plants. The plants suffered broken branches and only got indirect sunshine and lows of about 50 degrees for three days. I had transplanted them into two gallon pots before this happened. They looked pretty bad and were in shock with drooping and discolored leaves. They have been under the light in the grow room for a few days and are recovering but still have a ways to go. I will be posting some pictures within the next few days......:peace:

Here are some pictures of my plants. A little bruised and battered but alive and kicking. The only thing bothering me is the Fox Farms Ocean Forest has been taking a week to dry out enough to water and my plants look like they could use fertilizer more often than that. I am only going to water with about 16 ounces of bat guano tea instead of completely saturating the soil until water drips out the bottom and see how that works out. I am thinking of pulling some of the weaker plants so I have started six new strains which were freebies from The Attitude SeedBank.

Dinafem Blue Widow feminized indica/sativa mostly indica Blueberry x White Widow
Dinafem Original Amnesia feminized indica/sativa, mostly sativa Haze x Northern Lights x others
DNA Connie Chung feminized indica/sativa L.A. Confidential x G13 Haze
Reserva Prada Confidential Cheese feminized 70% indica/30% sativa L.A. Confidential x Exodus Cheese(Skunk #1)
T H Seeds Burmese Kush feminized indica/sativa Burmese Kush x OG Kush
G13 Labs Pineapple Express feminized indica/sativa genetics unknown, many rumours

014277.jpg

018186.jpg

017198.jpg

Nice set up you have there my Friend. :)
Those girls look like they are recovering nicely.
By the :welcome: to 420. Looks like you know what your doing. Nice start. :)

Welcome OldMedMan so glad you could make it! Thanks for the welcome. After looking at a few other
forums this looked like the one for me. :blushsmile: I read parts of some of your journals and was real impressed
with how professional everything was and how good it all looked. I could tell there were a lot of good
things to learn in those pages. Anytime you would care to share some of your knowledge here would
be much appreciated!......:peace:

Goshawk's, looks good. Glad to see more people from the PNW, :yahoo: subbed if you don't mind another person hanging out. :)

Hello HomeMedGrower and welcome to my journal! Yeah, I think we're both pretty lucky
to be living in paradise and having the best weather in the country this summer. Good to
have you here. Relax, kick back and have a smoke!....;)....I'll see about getting a couple
frosty ones out of the freeze machine!......:high-five:

Dayum! I paid $28.00! :scratchinghead:

.....oh man I guess it would be best not to tell you I really got it on sale for $14.99 + tax....:).....
whoops one to many pulls from the Black Widow!......:Rasta:.....oh well, on another note I'll be transplanting
my plants from the 2 gallon pots to 10 gallon pots using FF Ocean Forest and about 1/3 added perlite early
next week and will post some pictures.......:peace:.....

I pulled 5 of the weaker plants and transplanted the rest of them from the 2 gallon pots to the 10 gallon pots and the seedlings from the 6" pots to the 2 gallon pots using 2/3 FF Ocean Forest, about 1/3 added perlite and 1 tablespoon per gallon a mixture of powdered oyster shell, Azomite, and glacial rock dust. Before I transplanted I noticed what looked like orange rust spots on some of the leaves which got worse and turned yellow after they were in the 10 gallon pots. I think this is a calcium deficiency which I did not expect thinking the soil had enough trace minerals for a month or so. Also some of the leaves have been eaten by what I thought might be a caterpillar but I have never found one. I did start finding a few white flies. I added 2 tablespoons per gallon of Botanicare Cal/Mag to the water and gave them that. I will water one more time at that strength and then cut it to one tablespoon per gallon. Also I will add more powdered oyster shell and Dolomite lime to the soil. In the future this will be added to the soil at the very beginning of the grow. I ended up trimming quite a few of the big fan leaves off which I really didn't want to do but felt it had to be done. I sprayed the top and bottom of the leaves with Ed Rosenthal's Zero Tolerance Herbal Pesticide which is a mixture of cinnamon, rosemary, thyme and clove oil which is supposed to be good for pests, scale, fungus, mildew and mold which is also environmentally safe to use. Tomorrow I will spray this again until it is empty then in I will use a mix of water, one tablespoon garlic oil, one tablespoon baking soda, and three tablespoons dish washing liquid in a spray bottle every four days or as needed until I am pretty sure they are gone then maybe once a week or two weeks as a preventative measure. It has been a mild and cool summer so I lowered the light to 12" above the canopy and added another fan that is pointed at an angle to the ceiling to move the hot air back down to the plants. So the temperature has gone from 72 to 78 when the lights are on. I will keep an eye on this and adjust it daily when it is needed. Here are a few pictures of the plants which aren't real happy at the moment but I'm hoping they will be in a week or so...........:blushsmile:...................:peace:...................:rollit:

003-14.jpg

003-24.jpg

008-33.jpg

006-12.jpg

010-12.jpg

I pulled 5 of the weaker plants and transplanted the rest of them from the 2 gallon pots to the 10 gallon pots and the seedlings from the 6" pots to the 2 gallon pots using 2/3 FF Ocean Forest, about 1/3 added perlite and 1 tablespoon per gallon a mixture of powdered oyster shell, Azomite, and glacial rock dust. Before I transplanted I noticed what looked like orange rust spots on some of the leaves which got worse and turned yellow after they were in the 10 gallon pots. I think this is a calcium deficiency which I did not expect thinking the soil had enough trace minerals for a month or so. Also some of the leaves have been eaten by what I thought might be a caterpillar but I have never found one. I did start finding a few white flies. I added 2 tablespoons per gallon of Botanicare Cal/Mag to the water and gave them that. I will water one more time at that strength and then cut it to one tablespoon per gallon. Also I will add more powdered oyster shell and Dolomite lime to the soil. In the future this will be added to the soil at the very beginning of the grow. I ended up trimming quite a few of the big fan leaves off which I really didn't want to do but felt it had to be done. I sprayed the top and bottom of the leaves with Ed Rosenthal's Zero Tolerance Herbal Pesticide which is a mixture of cinnamon, rosemary, thyme and clove oil which is supposed to be good for pests, scale, fungus, mildew and mold which is also environmentally safe to use. Tomorrow I will spray this again until it is empty then in I will use a mix of water, one tablespoon garlic oil, one tablespoon baking soda, and three tablespoons dish washing liquid in a spray bottle every four days or as needed until I am pretty sure they are gone then maybe once a week or two weeks as a preventative measure. It has been a mild and cool summer so I lowered the light to 12" above the canopy and added another fan that is pointed at an angle to the ceiling to move the hot air back down to the plants. So the temperature has gone from 72 to 78 when the lights are on. I will keep an eye on this and adjust it daily when it is needed. Here are a few pictures of the plants which aren't real happy at the moment but I'm hoping they will be in a week or so...........:blushsmile:...................:peace:...................:rollit:

Nice set up Bro! Like your attitude and Oh yeah... :welcome: to :420:. This is a great place for all your mmj knowledge base.

Your on track with the cal/mag issue, the addition of perlite and dolomitic lime plus the other steps you are taking, will go a long way to solving your "wet feet" issue, and help create a healthy environment for your girls. The plants look well on there way to a fruitful life :welldone: You have taken in a lot of info for your first grow and made good use of it. Cudos to you and plus reps! Keep up the good work and I'll get back here as often as I can. You'll find that just being yourself and keeping up that positive attitude will bring many followers to your journal. I wish you the best!

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom