Got a question to ask

TaylorMade420

hey guys i was just wondering, ive had some troubles recently so starting a new grow.

i use aqua farms with clay pebbles as media, altho i am wondering if i use soil and clay pebles as media for the top bucket would i still be able to use the bubble system for the roots once they grow through the bottom of the top pot??

i am setting this grow up as we write so advice would be greatly appreciated guys

What going on homie. Are u going for a dwc type system with just the net pot in bucket that has a air stone and roots grow to water? Because u can use just the clay pellets and a rock wool cube or osmosis cube. And just top feed 2 or 3 times a day until the roots grow through then u can too fee like once a day or every other day

ive got a layer of soil about 6 inches deep then a layer of clay pebbles about 6 or 7 inches deep then the res is an inch below the the top pot, i wont be watering the soil too heavily so that i get run off but if i do i bought a shitload of airstones anyhow, chhers for the comments guys

Not sure about mixing soil and hydro purely because of the different pH needs. Can't imagine it's going to be easy maintaining a proper hydro pH range because the soil will leach and affect the pH of the hydro/DWC, and soil and pH operate in different ranges. Sounds like a recipe for major pH headaches and nute lockouts, and the top 6 inches of roots will have completely different pH requirements to the rest of the roots.

Back
Top Bottom