Got My Feet Wet Now It's Time To Dive In

may 8th, going to take my bag seed plants down after the 48 hours of darkness. starting tomarow.after I got the hand held microscope that everyone has suggested pretty pleased with my third grow. try and post some pics later. thanks to the great people here at:420: I feel I can grow some good meds, pretty proud I must say! couldnt have done as well with out you all:thanks: so here is the poop on my new venture. Ordered some store bought seeds, ak48 nirvana, critical sensi star delicous seed and caramello delicous seeds. only can grow 2 at a time so anyone got a vote? It will be a indoor grow with my own potting mix organic. have 4 32 watt flos for side lites and a 400watt hps. home made grow cabnet 48wx24dx84t. got to start or have started my pepers and other vegs for outside but there should be room for the babies when they sprout. let me know wich I should go with:peace:
DSC014981.JPG
DSC014943.JPG
DSC014953.JPG
this is what im going to harvest pics takin last week:circle-of-love:

Re: got my feet wet now its time to dive in

ok one more time! got set back a few on the harvest on the big plant, think she needs a couple more days. trimmed most of the feeders of her and put her back in the light. man it reeeeeks here. the other lady has gone into full darkness till friday. trying to get pics posted. sucks cause this is premanicure if I can load them:peace:

repeat pic
DSC015063.JPG
DSC015103.JPG
DSC015092.JPG
ok so the first one is the larger plant wich I put back in the light for mabey till saturday. trichs look very amber as far as I can tell but the scope is kinda pain in the ass to use but the little one s buds are rock hard and it looks amazing when I get focused in
DSC015092.JPG

00th thingNot an expert but...

Only been a member for 5 minutes and my first BIG lesson has wbeen 'I've never cropped a finished plant', those pistals look very blond, check and recheck with your scope, shame after all the hard work to come second.

And the 100th thing was how to spell Pistils.

Gorgeous looking meds!

Not an expert but...

Only been a member for 5 minutes and my first BIG lesson has wbeen 'I've never cropped a finished plant', those pistals look very blond, check and recheck with your scope, shame after all the hard work to come second

thank you boss I put her and her sister in the room for a couple more days. the pic dont really do her justice and I may have got a older one mixed in:thanks:

friday may 11. soaked a caramello and a ak48 last night put them in peat pods so now its up to mother nature:) hope the zappa plant come up she was a free one my caramello brillo:peace:

trichs look very amber as far as I can tell

Hmm, ok, what is the magnification of your scope? How many weeks have you had it in flower? Because if you're seeing more amber trichs than cloudy then it sounds like it's about ready. As for the color of the pistils, idk because when I mentioned that some of mine had turned orange, I was told it wasn't a factor. But someone also told me when the pistils start growing back in towards the buds that it is a sign that it is ready.

Hmm, ok, what is the magnification of your scope? How many weeks have you had it in flower? Because if you're seeing more amber trichs than cloudy then it sounds like it's about ready. As for the color of the pistils, idk because when I mentioned that some of mine had turned orange, I was told it wasn't a factor. But someone also told me when the pistils start growing back in towards the buds that it is a sign that it is ready.
hey queen, wait a minute got to give the puppies a reward for poop. lol so here is the gig took a sample... and KWAPOW mowed my yard built a doggie cage so they could run and still want to do something! and yes I went partly on the pistils. the scope is neat but a pain to use for me. anyway from what I could tell it looked ready so chop chop:cheer: as for the other plant the unocola I am going to let her go for another couple days and have a little somthin somthi:bigtoke:.. but as far as the sample goes its a happy motivateing buzz and the uncola Im sure will be the other side of the coin. all in all the camera has been my best judge:peace:60x100

hi, great pics, plus when you harvest it depends what kind of buzz your looking for, now im still new to this so i may have this the wrong way round but im sure someone else can jump in and put me right, but if you harvest early you get more of an energetic daytime sort of high, if you let the plant go longer you get more of a couch lock, most people go on the colour of the trichs but when i grew 9 years ago people went on the colour of the pistl's and it was usually when most where amber, but now i know that this varies from strain so the only real way to tell is when the trich are a milky colour if the trichs go an orangey colour then its gone to long,

but does anyone know who decided when the best time to harvest the plants are, i mean each strain is difference strength so how does someone know that its best to harvest when trichs go milky, i think they go milky then the plants over ripe and best to harvest so to speak but how did someone work out that harvesting when milky was best, i mean could it be that its better to harvest when their starting to turn milky and not when they have turned milky, im only asking as ill be harvesting mine in a few weeks and ive ordered a microscope to check the trichs but im no master grower and have only grown a few plants over 9 years ago with little knowledge but i liked what i produced and it was smokable, would love to get the original jack flash strain again, its is by far one of my best smokes and smells,

hi, great pics, plus when you harvest it depends what kind of buzz your looking for, now im still new to this so i may have this the wrong way round but im sure someone else can jump in and put me right, but if you harvest early you get more of an energetic daytime sort of high, if you let the plant go longer you get more of a couch lock, most people go on the colour of the trichs but when i grew 9 years ago people went on the colour of the pistl's and it was usually when most where amber, but now i know that this varies from strain so the only real way to tell is when the trich are a milky colour if the trichs go an orangey colour then its gone to long,

but does anyone know who decided when the best time to harvest the plants are, i mean each strain is difference strength so how does someone know that its best to harvest when trichs go milky, i think they go milky then the plants over ripe and best to harvest so to speak but how did someone work out that harvesting when milky was best, i mean could it be that its better to harvest when their starting to turn milky and not when they have turned milky, im only asking as ill be harvesting mine in a few weeks and ive ordered a microscope to check the trichs but im no master grower and have only grown a few plants over 9 years ago with little knowledge but i liked what i produced and it was smokable, would love to get the original jack flash strain again, its is by far one of my best smokes and smells,
I maybe one of those lemmings following the others off the cliff but the info that I have gotten here is how I determined when to chop. I rekon though as you said its what kind of effect you want.I wonder if like picking an almost ripe tomato then letting it sit it will continue to ripen. sure it does but if I go pick the tomato thats deep red and ripe on the vine and taste both the one on the vine always tastes better. so after my rant. thats the way I base harvest time. not a master grower either by no means. but this is my logic. when you do harvest I hope you are happy with what you have done because your the only one that matters:peace:

sorry queen its a 60x--100x:peace:

Re: Got my feet wet now its time to dive in

@Queen, years ago we always went on the fact that when most to all of the pistils had turned orange it was time to harvest, but now im told it all depends what type of smoke you want, ie harvest early for an energetic type high, or harvest late for a couch lock type high, most growers now go on the colour of the trics, when most are milky they say thats then its at its best and ready to harvest, if you harvest before all are milky and most are still clear then you will get the energetic high but not sure how true this is, but if you let them go further than milky to the point where there turning an orange colour then this gives you the couch lock effect,

its more of a science now, years ago we harvested when we thought it was ready or by the look of the leaves, now im going to go on the colour of the trichs, when most to all are cloudy thats when i plan on harvesting, but my question is this, how do people know the plants at its best when most are milky, has their been any testing done, what if the truth was that just as their turning milky is the time to harvest and not after they have turned milky, to me it sounds like when the trics are clear they are healthy and normal, but when they turn milky then is this a sign the plant is going to far and starting to come to the end of its life cuz after they turn milky they go a brown colour and the shape of the trics change as they wilt so to speak, so how do growers know for sure that its best to harvest when all are milky and not when they are starting to turn milky, im going to do a simple smoke test with both of my plants in flower, i plan on harvesting when the plants trics are milky as im told this is the best, but when they are just turning from clear to milky im going to take a bud and cure it properly then when i harvest the rest of the plant ill get a couple of people to have a smoke with me and ask then what they think is the best smoke, i wont say anything about when i harvested ill just be asking them what they think is the best smoke, so thats my plan anyway, plus i can smoke it myself and find out, ill dry and cure it before the test so no rapid dry method ill do it all properly and compare the difference for myself

so it is update time and it hurts. wah wah.anyway went fishin with a buddy. well almost, got on the dock and one of those newton laws took effect. you know to every action there is a equal and oppisite reaction. needles to say I fell in and dislocated my shoulder( BIG DUMMY) anyway it kinda hurts to type with my 1 finger. took the uncola plant and put her in the dark for 48 hrs.also a ak 48 seed poped so at least the grow thing has promise:circle-of-love:. so when the uncola comes out of the closet that wild girl:) I will post some pics. stay thirsty my freinds and happy gardening:peace:

sounds like a nightmate mate, but something id end up being the victim of, im sure the ground moves sometimes just to trip me up, but more understandable on a dock, did you fall in the water or manage to stay on the dock, well at least your mate managed to catch something then, but shame it wasnt a fish, only teasing make, i know how much it hurts i had dislocated mine a few times when i ride moto x and been told not to as it keeps popping out, it get to the point where i never bothered going to hospital i just got my mates to give my arm a pull in the right direction a few times, and a few swear words and death threats later it pops back in, then aches like crazy for a few days,

cant wait for the pics mate, i just put a pic up on mine of the worlds smallest clone, well its not far off the smallest put it that way

lol got the dock got the water lol.shit almost drowned i six inches of water lol. thanx for lookin in:) right now a seed sprouting aint much to take a pic of lol kinda like a slide show of your vacation ya know. but when the old girl comes out there will be baby photos too! goin to check your micro grow now!:peace:

@queen, years ago we always went on the fact that when most to all of the pistils had turned orange it was time to harvest, but now im told it all depends what type of smoke you want, ie harvest early for an energetic type high, or harvest late for a couch lock type high, most growers now go on the colour of the trics, when most are milky they say thats then its at its best and ready to harvest, if you harvest before all are milky and most are still clear then you will get the energetic high but not sure how true this is, but if you let them go further than milky to the point where there turning an orange colour then this gives you the couch lock effect,

Interesting about the pistils because I was told they weren't a factor. I have actually harvested some bag seed that had trichs that were clear/milky, it was like you said, a nice energetic high, made me want to get up and do things. But I have also smoked from bag seed that more milky and was more of a couch lock for me. I guess it all boils down to preference. I now have a lemon skunk and big bang, gonna make the bang a mother, she's a bush more than a plant, lol. And both plants I am going to clone, my point is that I am going to actually let these ones trichs get cloudy/amber. I haven't experienced that yet.

Wow, Fish, glad you're alright. See, that's why I don't do water unless it's to bathe in. I don't go to the beach, public pools, lakes or water parks. Maybe it's also because I am an earth sign...lol

Back
Top Bottom