Got Roots - Now What?

Muttt

So,

I got this little tiny clone. It's been in the bubble cloner. Now it has roots. But, I am not sure what the next step should be. Do I leave it in the bubble cloner. Or do I put it into a rapid rooter. Or do I plant it in my dirt? Not sure what to do with it. I don't want to kill it and it is sooooo tiny.

Here's the roots ........

Mini_Me_Roots.jpg

I think you would possibly mess the roots up if moved to a rooter. If it were mine I would place it gently in the soil and just go from there.

BC

My cloner has been running for weeks on an 18/6 schedule.

Planted it in dirt. Almost killed it because I didn't put a dome over it. It dried out the first 24 hours. But, started misting it and put a clear cup over it. Now it's growing all on it's own. Still using the dome. Once it doubles in size, i'll remove the dome.

Hmm? Ah ok after a closer look i see why u wilted.ur roots cant keep up with vegetative growth on top..u should be good in few days just try and harden it slowly by lifting opening portholes on top or removing dome 5 minutes at
a time and keepin eye ot for upward wilt..with my expirience the bugger will wilt in as litte as 10 minutes if the roots cant support leaves when the mist clears up

Great info Thresher, I give my clones nutes from the start well I let the rooter plugs soak in the nutes. They all rooted in 5 days. But I leave my dome on and leave an inch gap in the vent so that air could get in. I took my dome off for about 20 minutes and came back they were droopy as hell. I had to put the dome on asap. I left it on ever since. I will take it off when my new clones root.

Hmm? Hey wiz,are u going cloner to plugs after u see roots? or are rootin on da side in plugs without cloner? Or both?

Hmm? Hey wiz,are u going cloner to plugs after u see roots? or are rootin on da side in plugs without cloner? Or both?

Im rooting in rapid rooter plugs with humidity dome and propagation tray and heating mat. I have 9 clones going right now. 2 of them are showing roots on the outside of the rooters. I just took 3 of them yesterday and the 3 first ones are the ones with roots and the other 3 I took about 4 days ago. I just went backwards and inside out ordering these hahahahah!

I keep them at 70-80 degrees and 70-80% humidity. Mist them 3x a day. And feed them nutes when I feed my other plants. I just give my clones the left overs lol

Ok i see..here is a pic showing the method to my madness..12-14 days to root,2 days to harden by opening vents,7-10 days veg with no dome then flip to sog setup..
IMAG010314.jpg
IMAG010214.jpg

Nice indeed. So 20 days tops until you got them to be where you wanted them to be? How long was it before you start seeing new growth? Im using my T8 for the lights right now but its only 1 bulb. I have a 4ft T5 4bulb that use for vegging. You think the more light the better or T8 is good enough until a couple weeks? Im not using the T5 because I dont want to waste electricity if i dont have to.

What do you use to keep the lower leaves from yellowing?

Yes,for the most part bout 25 days from cutting,so since i run a sog,i have to time everything perfectly.meaning i try to get vegged clones into sog by 25th of month so it can start flower by first week of upcoming month they are 50-60 day flowering strains,so which also means i harvest every 35 to 40 plants month and round and round i go;) im only one t12 shoplight to light up 2 10by20 domes not much light is need for cloning because we are trying to get cutting to concentrate its energy into making roots and not upward veg growth..after i have roots and harden i remove dome and focus on upward veg by allowing medium to dry so roots can air n reach out then i whack it with foxfarm big bloom(organic) nutes thats its first taste of nutes..i believe i avoid yellowing by not adding any chem nutes during cloning phase,in combination with be certain not to have to much veg leaves on top and even trim blades as i need to keep cutting intake balanced while transpiration is occuring..thats how i believe i avoid the yellowing..cuttings in plugs or soiless has to reach and gather as opposed to a cloning machine which forcefeeds..thats the diff between rooting time being cut un half..peace out

Back
Top Bottom