Gozgrow's First Time Grow! First Time Aeroponic & 10 Plants

Goz, please confirm with KingJohnC before committing to 15%. Also maybe decrease your PPM down to about 300 before actually flushing as your time table is still yet to be plotted out from plant maturity, lack of ambers and time it will take for the trics to become amber. If you flush too early, she might start ingesting herself a little too soon which will lock you into harvesting based upon that instead of your target mark of XX% amber to milky ratio.

Ok that sounds good, I know last time I flushed I checked ppm of the flush after 24 hours I was at around 500 ppm so maybe that's what I'll do just to make sure I have the amount of time needed to get to the amber I'm looking for.

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. I believe most nutrient company's either advocate using a 300 ppm flush or a flushing agent during their harvest flush regimens. More nutrients are pulled from the plants and media using a low ppm harvest flush then plain pH adjusted water. You could also mix up a Home Made Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7 to use as a flushing agent as I have.

here is the jewelers loupe I own

https://www.sunflowersupplies.com JEWELERS LOUPE 30X MAGNIFICATION LED LIGHT 21mm LENS

here are others

https://www.google.com 30x jewelers loupe

Flower Day 61

Today I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Colouring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 millilitres per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

Thank you KJC, I will definitely try out that flushing solution. I am definitely going to pick up a 30x jewelers loupe. I got a 50x-500x usb micro scope but hard to use in the middle of my grow. I cut a small popcorn bud off and here are some pics of that.
Snapshot_20140114_2.JPG
Snapshot_20140114_3.JPG
Snapshot_20140114_1.JPG
Snapshot_20140114.JPG

well had some pictures to add to this post but cant find them on my computer.
I have begun the flushing process entering week nine of flower. I have completely cleaned and sterilized my rez.
I Put my ph water in and ran it for 15 min checked ppm and I was at 150ppm so I added 2 Tbs of Grow and 4 Tbs of Bloom and brought my ppm up to 310 so I will flush with that for a week. I still don't have any signs of amber trichromes. I have untied my plants and as to be expected the undersides of the flowers are premature and underdeveloped so hope fully they go a bit longer before I get my amber count to try and fill in the underside. Its mainly on the white widow strain. One cola on the Obama Kush has major nute burn yet the flowers on it are pretty good size. anyway ill take more pictures and post in the coming days.

Hey Goz, I too am almost done with mine and she's half White Widow. Almost no visible trics that I can tell. I got right onto a bud with a 60x scope and was able to find some trics, but I've been told some strains produce most of the trics in of very near the flowers so...

High there coz,
I got to agree great pics, I was just staring at the led behind and that long run down the t fives for a good while haha. I haven't read your entire journal but I did pick up where you mention limited head room, is that the reason for flowering with the t fives? Was just thinking when you said something about small flowers how u might wanna give a lower wattage hps a try but when I saw the comment I figured It wouldn't fit.
I think for the amount of light your giving them they look great. How much total wattage is it? Sure wouldn't mind swapping out my power bill for yours haha
I think anytime now you can harvest, I run the final phase the first four days of the ninth week which is my week long flush. The last two days its just fresh water and even that does a. Great job, you can keep track of the before and after ppms and you can even see nute stained water coming out a bit. Just my two cents is all
Nice to meet ya and congrats again, beautiful.

High there coz,
I got to agree great pics, I was just staring at the led behind and that long run down the t fives for a good while haha. I haven't read your entire journal but I did pick up where you mention limited head room, is that the reason for flowering with the t fives? Was just thinking when you said something about small flowers how u might wanna give a lower wattage hps a try but when I saw the comment I figured It wouldn't fit.
I think for the amount of light your giving them they look great. How much total wattage is it? Sure wouldn't mind swapping out my power bill for yours haha
I think anytime now you can harvest, I run the final phase the first four days of the ninth week which is my week long flush. The last two days its just fresh water and even that does a. Great job, you can keep track of the before and after ppms and you can even see nute stained water coming out a bit. Just my two cents is all
Nice to meet ya and congrats again, beautiful.

Thank you :), I choose t5 due to the small and the low heat it puts off and the fact the plants can almost touch the light without issues. I added the led to get a bit more coverage and make sure the plants in the back were getting Light and to pull the plants out of the side to get a bit more room. 10 plants in this small area was way too much. But lesson learned.
I started my harvest today. I still feel like the white widow didn't turn out, I dunno. I have all three plants hanging in a closet to dry doesn't seem like much flower to them just a whole lot of leaf, hoping after dry and cure they change my mind but if anything I got lotsa great material for butter, tinctures, and hash. I got thru those three and one sweet black angel, I weighed the SBA after trimming it a d still wet I was at 363 grams wet. I'm figuring after taking off a lot of stem and final manicure I'll be at 2.5 to 3 oz off the one plant, which is what I thought my entire yeild would be. I still have 2 SBA, a Lemon kush, a obama kush, a blue venom, and a alien dawg to go which I am harvesting tommorrow. Sling blade as for watts I wanna say around 1535 watts. I have a new led light on order which I may swap to this room and get an hps for my grow tent where I can handle the kind of heat they put off but that's undecided. I ran my nute flush at a low ppm 300+ppm and last two days just straight tap water which is around 140ppm. I'll post pictures of harvest and stuff when I'm a finished up.

image7251.jpg
image7252.jpg

Couple pictures of my harvest, I didn't weigh any more wet I want to do it dry so I don't see the number shrink lol. I had three plants not really produce much think it's because they were cramped in there. The last one was all the way at the back. I moved it to the middle of the t5 and am going to flower it a bit longer see how I do. The 2 white widows just never really flowered and just produced a crap load of sweet leaf where he buds should be. Is it because of the defoil? Or is it because of the cfl I put at it's under belly and it focused so much on frowning under growth? Dunno I do know the defoil had to happen. Surprising me was the blue venom, the smell is almost like gasoline lol and it has super thick compact buds that are pretty nice. I'll post pictures of the harvest when I put them to. Her in about 7 -10 dAys.

Nice harvest man, congrats & REPs!

So I ended up getting 6.5 ounces. The three white widows just turned out to be super trichrome covered leaves, the lemon kush, and Obama kush only yielded a couple grams each with the Sweet black angel yielding the most at 126 grams over 3 plants. I used the white widow to make some canna butter. Used one ounce to one pound of butter and made brownies with it. Used a box brownie mix and made the per instructions and just added 1/4 cup of butter and they turned out very nicely. I still have the alien dawg in the grow room hoping to get a better yeild off it but we will see how that goes.

Ok just harvested the final plant, it was the alein dawg and glad I let it go a bit longer. It packed on a lot of weight in the end and I really kinda neglected it. I just chopped it down last night and thinking dry it will be around one ounce.
The other plants have dried and cured and the smoke is amazing. I'm glad I flushed the way I did it's really smooth and tasty. But maybe I'm just partial too it cause it's stuff I grew lol. Can an admin move this to finished journals?

image8024.jpg
image8023.jpg

Here is the blue venom pictures.
image8022.jpg
image8021.jpg

Here is the pictures if the sweet black angel...
image8020.jpg

Alien dawg on the hanger drying out. Usually in a closet took it out for photo op.
image7252.jpg

Picture of the harvest drying.
image7251.jpg

Picture of one of the blue venom nugs.
The white widow never turned out, and the kushes barely yielded anything. I have my new led and just waiting for my tent harvest to finish and I'll start a new journal with new led light. For my new grow I'm getting rid of all the hydro and switching to coco coir and perlite mix. In smart pots.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom