Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

420_Mag_00521.JPG

Blue Mystic still in veg, takes up the whole 2x4 table!

420_Mag_00622.JPG

Aurora Indica on left, Northern Lights on right in veg.

420_Mag_00719.JPG

Entering my slightly stinky flowering room!

420_Mag_00819.JPG

Cola on my second oldest Blue Mystic lady. The fan leaves were dying near the top so I cut them off, not sure if that was right or not but I figured the plant could use its energy better than trying to save the fan leaves.

420_Mag_00918.JPG

This Northern Lights plant is starting to bud up pretty nice.

420_Mag_01017.JPG

This is the oldest or longest in flower room Blue Mystic, I will show a close up of that cola below.

420_Mag_01117.JPG

Buds on this plant are getting fat, crystally and sticky. I can still smell her on my clothes 12 hours after rubbing up against her the night before. I love that smell!

420_Mag_01214.JPG

Another view of my favorite bud! I guess they are like kids, they are all my favorite!

420_Mag_0149.JPG

This is a Blue Mystic plant that I LST'd, can not wait to see if she yields more than the ones I left alone.

420_Mag_0156.JPG

Close up of the cola on my oldest plant, she is nice!

Usually in your 4th and 5th week before harvest, when big flower production starts they could take a bit more nutrients in my experience, specially flowering nutrients.

PHDTJE, I was thinking about kicking up the nutes as the guys at the grow store told me the same thing. I had not tried that yet but I will with some of the plants I think to see what happens. Nutes are not cheap but if it helps yield and whatever else it is probably worth trying.
Thanks!

Hey Gr8, things look awesome keep it up. Your l.s.t'd plant looks great and will give you a good harvest. If u want to harvest more KEEP YOUR PLANTS HEALTHY. the nutes can add to your harvest but sometimes the risks aren't worth it ie (PH fluctuating, nute burn, harsh taste ) . If your plants are healthy with happy roots you will yield well as they will absorb nutes faster and more efficiently. Don't get me wrong I use monster bloom and gravity on some strains but those are mainly indicas, which for me yield less indoors and tend to have airy buds when finished. Your plants look so healthy right now I doubt adding finisher nutes will increase you final product by much. Whatever you do it will come out great you have done so well so far.
Peace

Your plants look so healthy right now I doubt adding finisher nutes will increase you final product by much. Whatever you do it will come out great you have done so well so far.

Thanks Buju, I am really happy for my first grow, the god's are smiling on me for this one:) I am not sure what that Big Up stuff will do, I have enough for 1 more plant so I will see how the rest do after I am done with it. I got off to a rough start but it seems to be finishing really well. I have 1 - 2 more weeks on my first plant to harvest I believe. I bought a scope last week and the Trichomes are still clear but some of the "hairs" (I am brain dead right now) are starting to turn red which i believe is the start of the plant saying cut me down and smoke me!

That blue mystic is going to produce alot for you...I hope.... it so bushy any blue hues

What is Sober, thanks for coming by, I am hoping for what you said, the Blue is definitley my friend, my friend!

420_Mag_00124.JPG

This little lady will be ready for harvest in the next week or two. Hairs are starting to turn red and Trichomes are still clear but we are getting there. Some of the leaves are looking like they have been dying and I have snipped them off but the ones that are gettting crusty aroud the cola I have not done anything wiht yet.

420_Mag_00224.JPG

This one is a week younger (in flower room) than the one above. But this cola is pretty darn nice. Some of the leaves coming out of the cola are looking like they are dying, should I trim them off?

420_Mag_00322.JPG

Same cola as above, crispy leaves need to come off?

420_Mag_00421.JPG

This cola is one of about 7 on the oldest (in flower room) Blue Mystic plant that I LST'd, gonna be a nice harvest I believe! All of the plants above are Blue Mystic buds.

420_Mag_00522.JPG

I believe this is BM LST plant diff view. The room is so crowded I am having trouble photographing any 1 plant.

420_Mag_00623.JPG

Schweet!

420_Mag_00720.JPG

Close up of the top picture above. This baby will be the first in the curing jar!

420_Mag_00820.JPG

Nice:)

420_Mag_00919.JPG

View thru the Flower room door.

420_Mag_01018.JPG

Vegging plants that were getting so big I had to take the tables out of the room and put them on the floor, you can see that below.

420_Mag_01118.JPG

Blue Mystic is a big frigging bush.

420_Mag_01215.JPG

Cleaning up the room.

420_Mag_01312.JPG

This Aurora Indica in the veg room is 4 feet tall without the bucket. It is almost as tall as me and I am 5'8. Is it too late to bend her?

420_Mag_01410.JPG

Last vegging Northern lights plant is still manageable.

420_Mag_0157.JPG

Granted my room is 7x7 but I can not get far enough away to take a picture of the whole plant! It is nice, drinks like a fish too.

Well 420 friends, I am getting close to harvesting my first plant and am starting to feel the satisfaction that you all told me I would feel when I got to this point. Obviously I will feel it a lot more when I get to smoke some of my first plant but I am flying high on the sense of accomplishment right now! Sorry I have been out of touch for a while but of anyone, you all know how much time goes into this and I am working my A55 off! I lost 10 pounds of body weight in the last month down in that little room! Finally getting to realize how much of a sacrafice you all make to come on here and help others that need help (like me) in your 'spare" time when you are not tending to your own gardens, work and family. I beleieve I will have some knowledge to pass on and promise I will do that to other newbie's out there when I feel like I can chime in and know I am passing on good info. I have a lot more to learn but I have gotten quite an education over the last several months and I can not thank you all enough. I am going to try to set up my little drying closet that is inside my flower room. It is about 10 degree's cooler than the flower room and has a bi-fold door. I am going to use weather stripping on the sides of the doors to keep out light but i am going to leave the gaps on the top and bottom for ventilation. I plan on using those drywall "plugs" that you screw screws into to hold up pictures and things and use the same wire I used to fdo the LST to hang the plants from. I also got some aluminum screen to make a couple of "shelves with the wire and mesh screen to catch anything that falls or be able to lay some buds on if need be. I hope that wont f them up at all but I shall see what works. I do not have a lot of room so I am going ot have to make sure that i maximize the space ass much as possible. The drying closet is probably 2 feet wide, 15 inches deep and 7 or 8 feet tall. I am going to try to do that tomorrow or Friday morning if I can, need to do it in the next week or so beofre i chop one of those puppies down!
:thumb:

420_Mag_00125.JPG

Flower room

420_Mag_00225.JPG

Aurora Indica has a ways to go but I think she is gonna be a beauty.

420_Mag_00323.JPG

Blue Mystic cola

420_Mag_00422.JPG

Norther Lights early flower.

420_Mag_00523.JPG

LST'd Blue Mystic!

420_Mag_00624.JPG

Northern Lights that is the farthest along.

420_Mag_00721.JPG

Close up of the NL plant above!

420_Mag_00821.JPG

I think Buju and at least one other person said how well the Blue Mystic Strain does with LST and I would have to second that motion!

420_Mag_00920.JPG

I am particularly pleased with this Blue Mystic Cola, look forward to digging into to this little lady soon.

420_Mag_01019.JPG

This is one of the side buds on a BM plant, I have another further down the pic list that shows more of the blue hue's I have been hearing about. Most are just frosty as can be but some show off the blue!

420_Mag_01119.JPG

This puppy I have been propping up on the wall but had to break down and tie her up as I didnt want to f her up. Several branches needed reinforcing.

420_Mag_01216.JPG

420_Mag_01313.JPG

420_Mag_01411.JPG

This is a good pic that shows how frosty she is, looking and smelling out of this world!

420_Mag_0158.JPG

I just can not believe that I grew this incredible plant! This is the top of the one I had to support with sticks and wire.

420_Mag_0165.JPG

Another pic of th ecola below.

420_Mag_0174.JPG

This is the one that was falling down the most. I hope I did ok with her but it is all I could do with what I had in the garage.

420_Mag_0182.JPG

Nice!

420_Mag_0192.JPG

I believe this is th etop of the most mature Northern Lights plant. The bud sites are much tighter together, plants shorter and more dense and they drink like a lady, just enough to get by. Orange hairs and crystal lovelyness.

420_Mag_0202.JPG

This is one of the side buds with the blue hues coming out, this plant has more than others and is the one with the huge cola, tallest cola of the 2 most mature blue mystic. The most mature BM is the one with the sticks propping her up and she is shorter but fatter than the one with the blue hues!

I am still checking the Trichomes every day and they still appear to be clear. The northern lights that is farthest along may need to get chopped before the 2nd BM, or around the same time, she is catching up. All of them are supposed to be done in 7-9 weeks so there is some margin for a quicker finish, I am in no hurray to pull them as i want to see the full potential and make sure I have the best possible meds.
:peace:

420_mag_00126.JPG

Flwr room

420_mag_00226.JPG

Aurora Indica about 2-3 weeks away from harvest

420_mag_00324.JPG

Northern Lights LST a month off from harvest

420_mag_00423.JPG

Blue Mystic LST about a month off

420_mag_00524.JPG

Northern Lights

420_mag_00625.JPG

Blue Mystic, this baby is purple as a mofo, I can not wait to taste her!

420_mag_00722.JPG

It is hard to see with the HPS bulb but this BM bud from the plant above shows how blue the buds on this plant are.

420_mag_00822.JPG

This Blue Mystic plant is the farthest along that I LST'd, she is big and heavy and smells like Fruity Pebbles, no joke!

420_mag_00921.JPG

Northern Lights a few weeks away.

420_mag_01020.JPG

This Norther Lights plant is so freaking beautiful, she has purple hues and big orange pistils all over. The Trichomes are getting milky with a little crimson, I think she will get harvested soon with my blue BM plant.

420_mag_01120.JPG

I believe this is the farthest aloing BM LST plant, diff view. Frosty nugs!

420_mag_01217.JPG

This is the first BM plant I harvested, been hanging for about 4 days. Diff view below.

420_mag_01314.JPG

Different view of my drying room showing the lower hanging branches. It is in my flower room but I am so happy as despite being in th eflower room it si 10 degree's cooler. So in the moring after the lights have been on all night it is around 68-70 degree's according to the cheap thermometer I have in there. At night, right after the lights come on it is around 60 degrees.

420_mag_00127.JPG

Blue Mystic still in veg

420_mag_00227.JPG

Auror Indica I started bending down today to make her more manageable when I move her to Flower.

I was wondering what I was going to do about putting the 2 beasts above into flower, how will they fit. Well I started thinking about something Placerville said I think. Or someone commented about bending the plant Horizontally to hide from a neighbor and keep the profile under the height of the fence. Well I contemplated repotting the Aurora and doing it on an angle but then I thought i can probably just bend her down slowly and accomplish what I want. Over the next couiple weeks I will try to lower the profile of both plants, take some cuttings in proportion with the ones I harvest so I stay within my numbers. Then when I move these two amazon ladies into flower, hopefully most fo the flowering plants will be harvested and I can put one of each of theses under its own 1,000 watt light.

I listened to the guys at the grow shop and they said they floiar feed the last couple weeks with General Organics Diamond Black to boost Trichome development, said it would go through the roof. I tried it today at roughly 1/4 strength on a Northern Lights plant I put into flower on 4/5 so she is ready to harvest in the next 10 days or so I think. I also did it to a Blue Mystic plant that I put into flower on the same date, 4/5. They said I should see a difference within a day so I will report back soon.
:peace"

Hey Bro, things are still looking great, Im glad to see! Just checking in, looks like you got things under control, enjoy!
Peace,
NEPharmer

Thanks NEPharmer, been really happy with my results and really appreciate your help. Gonna take some clones from the 2 massive vegging plants this week and put the monsters in the flower room. Then I can get my work space back and try to figure out a good methodology to balance my plants so I do not have a ton of work to do like I have with this grow. I learned a lot and am very happy with the results, tastes great and does what it is supposed too:)

420_mag_00128.JPG

I had 3 big vegg-ers last time I posted and one of them was a massive Blue Mystic plant. When I moved her to flower I had to bend her down so far to stay under the lights I broke a branch and so said screw it and cut her down. It was a lolly popper as all the lower leaves were gone anyways. This clone is the top of that plant so I will have her here in spirit.
420_mag_00228.JPG

This is my humidity tent for the clones i pulled from the blue mystic and Aurora Indica plants before putting them into flower room. I am staying under my numbers so when I chop the other 2 down I will start 2 more from seed.
420_mag_00325.JPG

This is the Aurora plant I took the clones from. She was so tall I had to put her between the 2 1,000 wats and tie her branches down so the inside could get light and the branches could get better light.
420_mag_00424.JPG

Another view of the tree above, nodes are close as can be, probably why I got 7 O's from the one that was half as big. Aurora is gonna be my go to girl in the future. I will try to keep the Blue Mystic in the mix too as yields were consistent with all for 4-5.5 per plant. Northern lights was a smaller yielder but it could have been a number of reasons. I will try them again in future when my skills are honed a bit.
420_mag_00525.JPG

Last northern Lights plant, about 5 foot 6 inches tall vs 6 foot for the Aurora that is in front of her. Could not get a beter pic as I couldnt stand back any farther. Fat buds on this porker.
420_mag_00626.JPG

I tried to show how tight the nodes are on this AI plant but it is hard to tell from pic. The branches are going to have some huge buds on them , easily 12 inches long due to node spacing being so close!

Thanks again for everyones help, I will probably close this grow out soon and hope to see you all on another journal.

Looks great Medhead. Those 2 ladies are really beasts indeed.
After a while when buds get heavy they may bend or fall over themselves, so keep aware for that. Having buds leaning against a wall helped for me 2.

They might some more phosphorous indeed like the growshop dude says. More for bigger buds imo though. Look at rim of leaves to detect Kalium excess, curly, dry and orange like color. Nitrogen in leaves tips. You could try adding more P and less of the other. You could end up with larger buds and less leaves.
I think you are doing a good job overall, taking care of your plants like that.

I guessing the Blue Mystic taste well. :yummy:

Hey PHD, thanks for coming back to check on my ladies!

I have some branches leaning up against the wall but I also have 5 foot tall stakes that I have bungee tied around the pots and run string around them to help keep the branches from falling over due to the weight. On the Northern Lights plant I actually used a Tomatoe plant cage and that works OK but not as good as the stakes. I am also using string to tie the branches not helped by th eother methods and tie-ing them up to whatever I can!

The Blue Mystic does taste great and gives me a great amount of pain relief. I actually think I like the taste of the Aurora equally as much and the pain relief is the same or better. I like the Aurora's quite a bit and will focus on those and Blue Mystic in the next harvest!

I ussually shut my lights off to see if there are any light leaks. Also, I even cover up the little red lights on power strips and any other devices that have anything simalar. In your flower room it should be pitch black.
Your plants seem to be looking alot better, but I would wait for the plants to show their pre-flowers to begin flowering. I have started flowerin g before they show sex and it took alot longer for the plants to mature. They wont really flower until they are ready. If height is an issue, I would just do some more training/lst. Hope this helps. Good luck bro!
Peace,
NEPharmer

first of all if his light cycle is 18/6 to 24/0 the plants will not preflower a plant will preflower only when switched to 12/12 it will take anywhere from 7 t021 days depending on the strain with his being indica 7 to 14 days once they show stigmata is when i start my count for flowering 8 weeks later bam big fat buds.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

??-Blue Mystic-?? from brickweed-bagseed?

I'm growing seeds which I took from (2) different ozs. of 'pretty decent' brickweed-bagseed. I was looking for images that were similar to mine (as I feel that at least is a 'treasure from the brick'). I'll attach some pics. Thanks.

Sorry in advance for all the pics., but I'd kinda' really like to know what I'm dealing with. Some are from (49) days from beginning 12/12 schedule. The others are (40) days.

Back
Top Bottom