Grade A+ bagseed 12/12 from seed

Stoned82

I have been reading around about the No mercy 12/12 method and im gonna give it a try, I placed 20 seeds from some nice sticky ickys that went around for awhile (took me along time to gather 20 of them got maybe 1 seed per 1/2 ounce) I placed them in a moist paper towel, wrapped it in cling wrap and placed them in a warm dark cabinet, after 36 hours I had 14 with about a 1/2" tap root, I will check again @ 48 hours and hope to see 20 with them I will plant these and run my lighting for 12/12 weeding out the males in the next 3 weeks, then I will let the girls go under 500 watts of Mh for an additional 7 weeks.

I plan to keep a nice stud and use 1 female in another closet for seeds for round 2, and have them started 3 weeks before I harvest crop #1.... If the seeds are ready at that point.i

Lighting I have 4 96watt 36" long power compacts, I need to pickup new bulbs at a much lower spectrum these are 12k kinda blueish, or I have 2 250w d/e metal halide setup with remote ballast & fans on all, these light setup was for growing reef/coral out of the ocean so the temps are higher 12k on the pc & 15k on the mh. Lower growing temp bulbs cause alot of algae growth in the salt tanks.

Soil will be in so aveage potting soil for this round to get started, I placed the starts in a egg container untill they show there sex or the roots show in the bottom hole I made, I will then place them in a 2 liter or 1 gallon pots for the remainder of the time.

Lighting I have 4 96watt 36" long power compacts, I need to pickup new bulbs at a much lower spectrum these are 12k kinda blueish, or I have 2 250w d/e metal halide setup with remote ballast & fans on all, these light setup was for growing reef/coral out of the ocean so the temps are higher 12k on the pc & 15k on the mh. Lower growing temp bulbs cause alot of algae growth in the salt tanks.

Nice when you already have some of the equipment from doing something else. Aquariums are another interest of mine. I don't have one going currently, but will probably get back into it at some point. Yeah, if you get bulbs with the right spectrum for veg, you're golden with those lights. Power compact t5's kick ass.

Soil will be in so aveage potting soil for this round to get started, I placed the starts in a egg container untill they show there sex or the roots show in the bottom hole I made, I will then place them in a 2 liter or 1 gallon pots for the remainder of the time.

Soil is extremely important. Not sure what you mean by "average soil" but if you tell us some of your choices, we can make some suggestions. I tried growing a plant in soil in a 2-liter container and it was not easy. With a small amount of soil like that, plants need a lot more attention and caring for them is touchier in regards to nutrients. The smallest I would go with is 1-gallon, but even with 1-gallon pots,when your plants get bigger, you're going to have to water them at least once a day if not more. Leaving your plants alone for 2-3 days will not be an option unless you have a trusted partner to help you out.

ss

Thanks for the input, I don't mind watering daily I think it's gonna be either sq 1 gallon pots or empty 1 gallon water/milk jugs, I don't have alota room ( closet grow ) or else I would use 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in bottom and some drainage rock in also.

Soil: I know this is very important ....... I had planned to go with a typical potting soil, however I will get what's best if I know what to get, Anything commonly sold at Lowes that would be good?

Checked on the sprouts this morn when the light come on, there's 10 start just breaking the soil top already! I have 1 plant outside that I was looking at lastnight and appears to be showing it's female sex pistols, was gonna bring it in but not sure now I will probally leave it where it's at so I don't stress it at all.

woohoo, another reef fella! Been thinking about a fresh water plant tank next. :grinjoint:

Just curious, are those 96watt 36"ers VHO or HO bulbs? How come we never hear of people using the very high output fixtures so readilly available in the reef community? All I ever hear about in the greenhouse community are the HO's like T5's... Maybe it's just me. Anyway, good start, cant wait to see the product! Good luck! :peace::rollit:

We don't have a Lowe's, so not sure what they carry.

If you give them a call or go down there and take a look, then post it here that would help.

You should avoid anything with time-release fertilizer because that makes it difficult to know how much to feed your plants.

ss

I will check on the differnt types of soils at a couple different places and report back on them. I checked on the starts this morning and the wasn't looking good at all, the egg carton are way to small and dry up fast even with small plants 1" lol I managed to save 10 of them by transplanting them all into one bigger container that will work untill I determine sex of the plants, then I will transplant the girls into there final home.

The 10 remaining plants are under 20w full sunlight bulb & 2 96 watt power compacts, still with the 12k bulbs, I will get some lower spectrum bulbs asap, then I think I'm gonna try 2 96 watt 2700k bulbs & 2 96 watt 6500k bulbs and see what kinda growth I get with this combo using the 12/12 method.

I also planted some bag seeds in the same container about 3" deep off to the side from the starts so in 3 weeks the will be on there way growing about the same time I am moving the girls to there final home.

Yea there in same pot, I'm hoping by the time they show there sex they won't be very big, I almost have enough room to leave them in if there all females, now the seeds I buried deep would be to much, this container is all I had and I was afraid they would die if I left them how they was for much longer, Thanks for the heads up.

I may try and find enough 1 gallon pots to transplant them to avoid over crowding incase they become root bound with each other, I will be more able in about a week as of now I have some pretty bad burns to deal with that limit what I can do.

The starts are looking great again, I will have to figure out. How to post pics using my iPhone, the pc is down right now.

I will take a couple with my phone and see about uploading to the 420 site from my phone, lights are out at the moment.

I seem to be getting good growth daily, the second set formed and took off and was about 1/4" long at lights out lastnight, when the lights came on yesterday they was barely there at all.

I would say there all Indica plants, the leafs are pretty wide and each little point is very defined/sharp never seen any like it before. (have grown both sativa & Indica years ago)

Just a lil update everything is looking sweet, most of the plants are on there 4th or 5th nodes and it looks like the growth is already forming within some of them. I also went ahead and transplanted them into some single containers yesterday, Im hoping to see some "sex" by the Aug 31st.

Some other good news my plant outside is definalty a lady, she is starting to blossom nicely, she is geting about 8 hours of good direct sunlight then is nicely shaded for about 4 hours she is small though, the stem and all the new growth is purple and has a nice smell. There are about 4 nodes below all the new growth that I may try to save and convert back over to the veg cycle for the purpose of cloning.

Ok tommarow is day 21 of the 12/12 grow hopefully by mid week I will have some sexing going on. I am really surprised at the growth that I have, as of now i'm still running the 12k bulbs 384 watts about 4" over the plant, I will try to pick up atleast 3 of the 2900 k or 2700k compact flourecents bulbs along with what I have now.

I plan to start using a fertilizer in the next few days, any recomedations on any comon type? I will start using the DIY 2 liter coke bottle with yeast & sugar to supply some extra co2, 1 bottle will be dispersed directly over the plants and another directly into the fan that blows over the plants.

Back
Top Bottom