Grams Per Day: Determining Cannabis Yield Success by Weight

For just grams per day you would not use your kilowatt usage.
Harvest weight÷days= grams per day

I would think to compare A to A you would have too. Without adjusting for the W's used there is no way to make a comparison.

I may be wrong, but how else do you rate one grow to the next.
I agree with Rider that for us hobby growers it really make no big difference.

As it says in the original article:
"While the right cut of Sweet Tooth No. 3 might finish in 42 days of flowering, a Super Silver Haze may take as long as 84 days, doubling the flowering time, thus it would have to yield double the dried grams per crop as the Sweet Tooth to yield the same when accounting for the time that the space was used to grow the batch. "

This obviously only matters to those for whom it matters, and gram/watt would be more important for most tent growers. Of course a plant that flowers longer will use more watts to get that harvest, but if you're not picking your strains in order to save money on electricity that's not a calculation you need to make. This is more a return on investment calculation for those in the for-profit side.

My 2 cents/day :).

I agree with ya shed! But i'm one of those people that if I'm doing something I want to do it to the absolute best of my capabilities. When it comes to indoor growing there are factors that are under our control. One of those factors is light (I do the same thing with mediums, nutes, teas, pretty much everything) n the only way to calculate what light works best for you is by grams per watt .......per day if ya wanna get anal about it lol

I agree with ya shed! But i'm one of those people that if I'm doing something I want to do it to the absolute best of my capabilities. When it comes to indoor growing there are factors that are under our control. One of those factors is light (I do the same thing with mediums, nutes, teas, pretty much everything) n the only way to calculate what light works best for you is by grams per watt .......per day if ya wanna get anal about it lol
Per hour if you really want to get anal! Maybe 13 hours dark could give you the cost/harvest you're looking for :).

My neighbor use to grow these huge plants indoor. He'd veg them for months! Then he'd brag at harvest time about how he got double of what I did n I just couldn't get him to understand the simple fact that I had harvested 3 times during his grow. N I actually got 33% more than him. But he'd argue til he was blue in the face...."you only got 2.5 n I got 5"

My neighbor use to grow these huge plants indoor. He'd veg them for months! Then he'd brag at harvest time about how he got double of what I did n I just couldn't get him to understand the simple fact that I had harvested 3 times during his grow. N I actually got 33% more than him. But he'd argue til he was blue in the face...."you only got 2.5 n I got 5"
LOL! Logic fail! Some people ya just can't smarten.

I dont mean this to come across as rude but it sounds like it. I was just stating that your equation is wrong, you have 17.3 grams per day. Its 10.8 grams per day. Or .0167 grams per watt per day.

Please explain how my equation is wrong, I used Riders formula. You have eliminate part of the formula.

24.5 oz = 686 grams
2 x 315W = 630W (630W / 1000W = 0.63)
so,
weight in grams / watts/1000W / days of growth = grams/day
686 grams / .63/1000W / 63 days

That is the formula Rider used,

Again, how can you eliminate the wattage used? You are just saying total grams divided days of flower. If I used 1000 watts, I am sure I would of had a larger harvest. Wattage is the part of the equation that allow one to compare one's grow against another.

Please explain how my equation is wrong, I used Riders formula. You have eliminate part of the formula.

24.5 oz = 686 grams
so,

Again, how can you eliminate the wattage used? You are just saying total grams divided days of flower. If I used 1000 watts, I am sure I would of had a larger harvest. Wattage is the part of the equation that allow one to compare one's grow against another.
The weird part of this entire thing is you don't end up with grams/day. There's no mention of the wattage in that. It's grams/watt/day.

So, you would take the grams divided by the wattage of lights he used divided by the time he grew.
You would do the same, if you had three grows to his one, you have to figure your total grow time for those combined grows.
I guess I am one of those people who can't be smarten'ed.

So see if I have this correct. I am running two 315W CMH's, so that is 630W. That is 0.63 of 1000.

So my formula would read, Yield / 0.63 / Days = G/day.

686/0.63/63 = 17.3 gram/day.

Is this correct?

GR
Yes, and a very respectable number.

So, you would take the grams divided by the wattage of lights he used divided by the time he grew. You would do the same, if you had three grows to his one, you have to figure your total grow time for those combined grows. I guess I am one of those people who can't be smarten'ed.
Whatever the length of time of Marz's grow, he harvested "3 times during his [neighbor's] grow."

Who are you answering?
I am sure my numbers are correct according to your formula.
I edited to show that I was responding to you. I hate this iPad for the forums!

I found it to be a useful metric for judging crop output. It makes sense. YMMV. But all bets are off if you don't grow with lights! Division by zero throws a wrench in his formula.

24.5 oz = 686 grams
so,

Because you are saying grams per day. If you grew 686 grams in 63 days that is 10.8 grams per day. Don't matter if u used 10 watts or 10,000 watss. It's 10.8 grams per day

Back
Top Bottom