Grams Per Day: Determining Cannabis Yield Success by Weight

The problem with the original article is it's calling itself one thing and measuring another:
"Yield in grams ÷ number of lights ÷ days in flower = GPD average." That's not grams per day. That's grams per light per day. You can't just shorten shit and say it's the same thing! The "per" is the same as the ÷ and he leaves one out. He's calculating G/L/D. or GPLPD :).

It’s grams per 1000 Watts per day of flower.

By standardizing the light input for the grow against a 1000w standard, it allows for a bit better curve for the numbers.

It’s probably also assuming photoperiods under 18/6 veg and 12/12 flower. It’s an industry standard, but it also doesn’t allow for variation in light schedule in terms of calculation.

Instead of days in flower, you could multiply your days in flower by .5 to calculate for effectiveness of the yield of a 12/12 grow against a 11/13 grow (.46).

I think quality or perceived quality has to come in to make it valuable as a KPI somehow.

Quality or perceived quality is really unimportant for the hobby grower. I grow for my medication and recreation, so whatever I grow is a gift. I would be spending $1000's on buying both cannabis for making my medicine and for the amt I smoke. So whatever I grow is great, some grows are just better than others.
KPI is for those in the cannabis biz, I like the comparison between hobby growers. When someone grows more that me in the same arena I would like to know what they are doing that I am not.

I do agree with your premise though.

Please explain how my equation is wrong, I used Riders formula. You have eliminate part of the formula.

24.5 oz = 686 grams
2 x 315W = 630W (630W / 1000W = 0.63)
so,
weight in grams / watts/1000W / days of growth = grams/day
686 grams / .63/1000W / 63 days

That is the formula Rider used,

Again, how can you eliminate the wattage used? You are just saying total grams divided days of flower. If I used 1000 watts, I am sure I would of had a larger harvest. Wattage is the part of the equation that allow one to compare one's grow against another.

So if he grew for 63 days. Got 17 grams a day. That does not equal 686 grams!

Subbed I'm going to go back and re read.

I'm. It sure if it's the same dude but they have an entire calculator on how much yo grow to keep a steady supply. You enter everything from grow experience, to wattage, to time.... pretty neat!

He argues to argue. LOL
Has a problem admitting he is wrong. But that's cool. That is what our world is made of.

Back
Top Bottom