Grams Per Day: Determining Cannabis Yield Success by Weight

A quote from the article.

"Here’s an example: 1,000 grams yielded ÷ 1 light ÷ 70 days in flower = 14.29. So this single light’s crop had a gram per day (GPD) average of 14.29.
No matter how large or small a crop is, it can be measured as such, allowing an equal playing field of crop analysis irrespective of crop size or time it takes to flower particular genotypes.
Here’s another example from a larger batch: 58,453 grams yielded ÷ 75 lights ÷ 67 days in flower = equals 11.63 grams per day."

That's where I was saying it is useful for the hobby grower.
If you and I were growing in the same size tent, same lights and same strains, you come up with 4 GPL more than I do, I would want to know what I did different from you so I can correct my grow. Does that make sense?
I am always looking for ways to improve my grows.

Just for shit n giggles lats say you use 1000w. The only thing changing is size of light.

650÷ 1÷ 63 = 10.3
The size of the light can't determine your gram per day. Your gram per day determine your gram per day

Ahh but you did not factor the light into the last formula, if you did that it would be,

650 / 0.63 / 63 = 16.4 GPLD

Maybe rider can just clear something up for me so i know. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.
20.8 per 1000w used?
33.3 grams a day for 1600w
Hahaha, no way. I started this shit but I'm not finishing it! I'm making popcorn. Shed is right. That guy's formula doesn't work for less than 1000W lights. If I'd spent an extra few minutes thinking about it I'd have probably never shared it here because it seems better suited to large commercial grows.

Hell it really don't matter, I am a hobby grower.
I know I can pull 1 plus gram per watt, and that depends on strain I am growing.
Last grow was only .8 gram/watt but that was LSD and it did not seem to be a big producer, plus had a couple of issues.

Is 630 not 63% of 1000?

Don't see why the formula won't work under 1000 Watts
Looking at it again, I'm not sure it doesn't. Remember that this is a way of comparing yields across many different types of grows regardless of size.
1000grams / 2 (1000W lights) / 100 days = 5 grams per light unit per day
1000grams / 1 (1000W light) / 100 days = 10 grams per light unit per day
1000grams / 0.5 (500W light) / 100 days = 20 grams per 1/2 light unit per day

No matter how you slice it the guy getting 1000g using 1/2 light unit is slaying the grower that's getting 1000g using two light units. I think it's the nomenclature that's screwing us up. It's incorrect to call it grams per day without clarifying that it is relative to a specified unit of lighting.

Looking at it again, I'm not sure it doesn't. Remember that this is a way of comparing yields across many different types of grows regardless of size.
1000grams / 2 (1000W lights) / 100 days = 5 grams per light unit per day
1000grams / 1 (1000W light) / 100 days = 10 grams per light unit per day
1000grams / 0.5 (500W light) / 100 days = 20 grams per 1/2 light unit per day

No matter how you slice it the guy getting 1000g using 1/2 light unit is slaying the grower that's getting 1000g using two light units. I think it's the nomenclature that's screwing us up. It's incorrect to call it grams per day without clarifying that it is relative to a specified unit of lighting.

No arguing with that. I think grams per day per watt is correct. Or grams per light unit . But if we want absolute certainty then gram per day per watt per sq ft. Would be the best way I believe. Would work for every wattage, light, tents, rooms, closet, tubs.....

Back
Top Bottom