Grams Per Day: Determining Cannabis Yield Success by Weight

Or even disregard the wattage completely and figure yearly return. Using the same wattage for a years worth of grow no matter growth time, a years a year.

4 crops at 2800 a crop= 11,200
Or
3 crops at 4225 a crop= 12,675

Then if you want to go even further, your using 1 more crops worth of dirt/coco. 1 extra crop to trim/package/distribute. If your a provider that's 1 more crop to pay testing fees on ($325 per test) have to test trim, hash, oil, rosin separate.

Nice one, but I must say I judge crop success on a lot more than just weight and often find that the strain that yielded half of the top yielder in a grow is better on all other parametres than yield :)

I think price per gram says much more than g/w and g/m2, I usually factor in everything in a spreadsheet, but it lacks the abstracts such as effect and terpene profile which are the most important to me, but it's still fun to see how things stack up.

That is a cool spread sheet did you make it or download it?

The problem you're having with the math is that it doesn't work with fractions of a light. If you divide by .63 you get a bigger number than if you divided by >=1. You would have to multiply it there to get a smaller number.
686*0.63/63 = 6.86 G/L/D.

From how I read through, there was a ton of differences between people using per light, or per watt. No one understood from his equation that he was just standardizing 1000w or a kilowatt to 1 light. Also, if you are gong to say you used 600w lights it wouldn't be .6 it would be 1.667. The ratio goes 1000÷600 not 600÷1000 or (1000watt/1light) = (600watt/X light). X = (1000watt/light)/600watt = 1.667 lights. The per light is probably just standardized for the person who uses it. In general its just keeping proper units. Looking for grams/watt/day. Then you need (grams in weight) ÷(watts × days) = grams/watt/day

Get 800 grams in 60 days using a 1000 watt light then its 0.01333 grams/watt/day.

Get 300 grams in 70 days using 200 watts of lighting you get 300g÷60day÷200watt = 0.025g/watt/day.

A further addition would be to look at grams/watt/day/square foot. This would show how well lighting is being utilized as well as space. This would show if a growing space needs to be more or less compact to produce higher efficiency. I hope to have time to do more scientific cultivation, but for now I just fly by the seat of my pants until my house is done.

Back
Top Bottom