Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers!

It's up-pot day for the clones and that means I received my Grow Dots today!

It's a little bag of 15 teaspoons.
IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

So I got my pots prepped right away. Two of the clones will be going in 3 gallon pots and the smallest will get a 2 gallon.

Their dosing instructions are based on whether you're using "Heavily Fortified", "Fortified" or "Inert" soil.

I chose to use the "Fortified" dose, as I am using half a pot of Root's Organic's Lush soil for the 3 gallon plants and all Lush soil for the 2 gallon (which probably should be considered "Highly Fortified").

In the 2g pot using all Lush I just mixed 3 tsp. of the Grow Dots into the soil along with 2 tsps. of insect frass. Then I topped the soil with earth warm castings.

In the 3gs on top of the 1/2 pot of Lush I put another fourth pot of Mother Earth's Coco-Peat Performance Mix (mostly because I'm trying to get rid of it). On top of that went 4 tsps of insect frass.
Frass fpr clones 5-14-22.jpg

Then I put in nearly 6 tsps. of Grow Dots.
dots 5-14-22.jpg

And for the top fourth layer I used FFOF. Then I put a healthy bit of earth worm castings on top of that.

I put the smaller of the two Black Cherry Pies into the 2 gallon. Here's she is right before going into her hole.
Pre-holed BC small 5-14-22.jpg

And the larger Black Cherry Pie right before going into her 3g:
BC pre-holed 5-14-22.jpg

And the Kera Bubblegum right before she's buried in her 3g:
Kera BG pre-hole 5-14-22.jpg

I sprinkled the few Grow Dots that I held back on top of the soil in the 3gs, and I was done. Took forever because of the cloud I was engulfed in, but it was enjoyable. The fact that it was raining out made it more pleasant.
Clone up-pot done 5-14-22.jpg

Now I need to try to stick to the Grow Dots release schedule, which means letting these veg for at least another 28 days. Then I have to bank on my 4x4 tent (with my Express Grow on Flip +49)) being clear sooner rather than later so these can go in there!

Now to see how these dots perform. I really hope they work as advertised!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

In the 2g pot using all Lush I just mixed 3 tsp. of the Grow Dots into the soil along with 2 tsps. of insect frass. Then I topped the soil with earth warm castings.
Now we're talking. (but really, no need to warm them first) :p

And for the top fourth layer I used FFOF. Then I put a healthy bit of earth worm castings on top of that.
And by "a healthy bit", you mean more than a quarter teaspoon, right? ;)

Hello growers!

It's up-pot day for the clones and that means I received my Grow Dots today!

It's a little bag of 15 teaspoons.
IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

So I got my pots prepped right away. Two of the clones will be going in 3 gallon pots and the smallest will get a 2 gallon.

Their dosing instructions are based on whether you're using "Heavily Fortified", "Fortified" or "Inert" soil.

I chose to use the "Fortified" dose, as I am using half a pot of Root's Organic's Lush soil for the 3 gallon plants and all Lush soil for the 2 gallon (which probably should be considered "Highly Fortified").

In the 3gs on top of the 1/2 pot of Lush I put another fourth pot of Mother Earth's Coco-Peat Performance Mix (mostly because I'm trying to get rid of it). On top of that went 4 tsps of insect frass.
Frass fpr clones 5-14-22.jpg

Then I put in nearly 6 tsps. of Grow Dots.
dots 5-14-22.jpg

I put the smaller of the two Black Cherry Pies into the 2 gallon. Here's she is right before going into her hole.
Pre-holed BC small 5-14-22.jpg

And the larger Black Cherry Pie right before going into her 3g:
BC pre-holed 5-14-22.jpg

And the Kera Bubblegum right before she's buried in her 3g:
Kera BG pre-hole 5-14-22.jpg

I sprinkled the few Grow Dots that I held back on top of the soil in the 3gs, and I was done. Took forever because of the cloud I was engulfed in, but it was enjoyable. The fact that it was raining out made it more pleasant.
Clone up-pot done 5-14-22.jpg

Now I need to try to stick to the Grow Dots release schedule, which means letting these veg for at least another 28 days. Then I have to bank on my 4x4 tent (with my Express Grow on Flip +49)) being clear sooner rather than later so these can go in there!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
I love new things! Good luck with the Dots! Real Growers is something I use microbes from. They're changing the way we do things to an easier way. This looks like one! :yahoo:

Good morning growers.

Of course I had to peak in this morning to see how the clones were reacting to their new pots.

I'd say their reaction is favorable!
Clones 5-15-22 Dot 1.jpg

Have a great Sunday!

Peace.

That'll be interesting GDB, hopefully they love it.
Thanks Stunger.

One things for certain, as long as they stay healthy and growing with me having to do nothing but add water, I'll love it!! :Rasta:

Now we're talking. (but really, no need to warm them first) :p

And by "a healthy bit", you mean more than a quarter teaspoon, right? ;)
Noted @Azimuth! Room temperature castings from here on! :laughtwo:

They look great GDB. Neat experiment with the grow dots. They could be a game changer, especially for new growers.

They look great GDB. Neat experiment with the grow dots. They could be a game changer, especially for new growers lazy geezers.
Thanks Budman. FTFY! :)

I hope your Grow Dots work as well for your photoperiod plants as they have for DeeBoy's autoflowers.
Me too, @HashGirl!

I've been watching him and the one that he just took down was impressive! :Rasta:

Niiiice! I hadn't seen those around here. Excellent dosage rates. Very easy and practical. Excellent for busy or lazy growers/geezers.
Good morning growers.

Of course I had to peak in this morning to see how the clones were reacting to their new pots.

I'd say their reaction is favorable!
Clones 5-15-22 Dot 1.jpg

Have a great Sunday!

Peace.
They look amazeballs!!!

Thanks for trying them out,GDB!
The dots sound really good, I may give them a try one of these grows...
I meet the qualifications- (I'm lazy, and an old geezer :) )

Thanks for trying them out,GDB!
The dots sound really good, I may give them a try one of these grows...
I meet the qualifications- (I'm lazy, and an old geezer :) )
I meet the same qualifications too!!! :ganjamon: :laugh:
I like and NEED easy and quick right now so it will be fun to watch how they perform.

Hello growers.

Just a quick tent pic of the Clones on Dot Day 4.

The girls are looking happy. So happy that I smiled last night as I was watering them, thinking, "What is this all that I ever have to do for these?"

In the pic below, the 2 on the left are the Black Cherry Pies and right rear is the Kera Bubblegum. Those are the ones that got the Grow Dots. The Black Domina front right is on MC. I upped her feed today from 4.75g to 5.25ish. It's the first increase since she was cut, rooted and potted in April so hopefully she will start to move a little.
Clones 5-17-22 Dot 4.JPG

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

They look happier than happy with their new pots and pods! I'm curious about your Black Domina, my Big Bull has a BD parent. I've never ran anything Skunk before. Yours looks perfect, as usual though!

They look happier than happy with their new pots and pods! I'm curious about your Black Domina, my Big Bull has a BD parent. I've never ran anything Skunk before. Yours looks perfect, as usual though!
Thanks, Krissi.

Here's her mom. She's still going.
Black Domina 5-1-22 F35.JPG

Thanks, Krissi.

Here's her mom. She's still going.
Black Domina 5-1-22 F35.JPG
Oh she's just lovely. @StoneOtter made me all excited for Black Poison that I I went to order some aaaaand out of stock. I'm getting in on this Black Domina strain for sure after this Big Bull. Looks to be hearty and as Shed noted, resilient, too

Back
Top Bottom