Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

No, not in this tent. But I'm in the process of harvesting my 5x5 tent and I can put in it there within a week or so. That tent is about 6 feet tall and could handle her size.

BTW, I am the one that's a little high! :laughtwo:
I still think that is a little high go down a couple nodes and cut. Then like Justin said. Drop a light on her,give a dose of silica and your good to go.

If that were mine (which it isn't) lol, I'd probably chop it way down to it's 4th or 5th node , and cut back whatever branches are left at the top by about 1/2 or more.....give it a nice christmas tree look.
InkedP1040749_LI.jpg
Then I'd give it a large dose of silica with it's next feeding. Give it a few days to recover then crank that light up to about 60-70k lux and flip. Increase MC .5 in about 2 weeks and get some other flower booster in there.
That's just what I would do, I'm sure there will be lots of ways to proceed and lots of opinions ;)
Thanks, Justin!

Think Bud Explosion will work?

I feed all of my plants silica from start to finish at the rate of 3ml per gallon. She has been treated no differently.

@N420, @Justin Goody and @Bill284, thanks so much to you guys for your assistance!

Thanks to you all, I've got a much better idea of what I need to do.

I'm certain I'll look back on this one day and laugh at myself for being such a nervous newb. :laughtwo:

BTW, I made 5 clones but only kept one. The other 4 were gifted to a friend who talks a lot of smack. If his clones turn out much better than mine does, I'll never hear the end of it! And his clones are looking better than mine at the moment. That's what's working my nerves.:laughtwo:

Again, thanks!

Thanks, Justin!

Think Bud Explosion will work?

I feed all of my plants silica from start to finish at the rate of 3ml per gallon. She has been treated no differently.
I haven’t used bud explosion but it’s similar to Sweet Candy, right? That or terp/purpinator in small quantity would be good. I’m sure you were headed that way anyway if these are on the normal plan.
I would think adding that silica would have toughened up the stems a bit ..but ya I’d cut her back a bit to give her a chance at having some stoutness once she flowers.
Good that you’ve got a bigger tent so if she has a big stretch it can accommodate her.
I’m sure she will be great with the right bending and persuasion ;)

Congrats on the harvest GDB! Not sure if I'm too late to chime in on the clone, but I would bend it completely in half and tie the top down to the pot. Then wait a week and flip. It looks flexible enough to be able to do that slowly throughout a day without it breaking.
That's a pretty radical proposition for someone who is taking baby steps. :Rasta:

However, I am willing to try it, especially if it means I can keep it in the short tent which I'd really like to do.

I'm not clear on what you mean though.

Is it the bend on the left you're describing or the one on the right?
this way or that way.png

The one on the left! If you do it slowly over the course of 24 hours I think it will go without breaking.
Okay, that's super intriguing.

Resistance is futile. I'll have to try it!

Leave enough room when you tie it for the top to turn back up again while you wait for the lowers. Eventually you might want to untie it and have it closer to the light along with the new tops that will be created.
Okay, Shed.

If this works, my shit-talking buddy who got my other clones will be left totally speechless! I like him the most when he's that way. :rofl:

That's a pretty radical proposition for someone who is taking baby steps. :Rasta:

However, I am willing to try it, especially if it means I can keep it in the short tent which I'd really like to do.

I'm not clear on what you mean though.

Is it the bend on the left you're describing or the one on the right?
this way or that way.png
I pull my girls over constantly just look at the Blueberry in flower room,
Shows how to do it there. Yours should bend easily. Right over flat.
Bill

I pull my girls over constantly just look at the Blueberry in flower room,
Shows how to do it there. Yours should bend easily. Right over flat.
Bill
Could you send me a pic, Bill? I'm about clicked-out for the day.

Could you send me a pic, Bill? I'm about clicked-out for the day.
If your not doing it this evening ill put a couple shots together for you as soon as I get a minute. And post it for you. A simple no mistake method.
Bill

Sweet harvest GDB! And I'd do the bend Shed's mentioned, or supercrop her.
Thanks, Stone.

Yeah, that Shed guy comes up with a good idea here and there! :Rasta:

Appreciated, Bill. Whenever you can.
Here are a couple pics I found this morning.
You can see the clone the branches bend easy enough.
You are doing main stem so might be stiffer. But should bend.
You basically want it horizontal.
The last pics a blueberry you can see branches are horizontal and curling at end. So all the buds grow up from branches. Instead of with. You get better light and volume.

B8EB80B2-A594-4EB4-AF82-522FF0F44408.png

F1757ECA-21E5-4E84-AAC7-FFCD82486244.png

28878792-40B8-4F23-AD91-00CC2071EC68.png

0433EBBA-F128-4BCB-8A01-248C765C2567.png

4BB64234-E176-472F-B0E4-CF062FA95529.png

Thanks so much, Bill!

I love this place. The cavalry is always ready to come to the rescue! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

I followed the sage advice of several 420 members and now my clone is in shambles! :laughtwo:
I can see where I might need to eventually use some GDBclips on her.

I'm still skeptical about how these scraggly branches can hold up any buds. I hope seeing will be believing!

Thanks for all the help guys.
P1040763.JPG

Peace.

Hello growers.

I followed the sage advice of several 420 members and now my clone is in shambles! :laughtwo:
I can see where I might need to eventually use some GDBclips on her.

I'm still skeptical about how these scraggly branches can hold up any buds. I hope seeing will be believing!

Thanks for all the help guys.
P1040763.JPG

Peace.
You can tie the main sticking into the tent. Curl it back around the pot. So it grows in a circle around the pot.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom