Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Never tried either, @raziel819. What are the benefits?
Well neither have I since I've been growing, since I've only done hydro and the top layer of my substrate never stays damp for any length of time, but I used to use DE as a way to control the flea and tick population in my yard when my pack mate was alive but here's something I read about the benefits of DE with cannabis. And sand is also used to make sure the top layer of soil is dry and prevents bug lavar and eggs from thriving.

Hello growers. I wore my shades today because I'm looking on the bright side!

What makes me happy? Solo pics of my babies growing up on day 39!

Original Glue (in Lush soil - no nutes). Nary a whimper from this toddler.
OG 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

OG top 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

And these 3 are being fed the Week3-4 dose of @Prescription Blend nutrients.

Alien Rock Candy. We are not alone!
ARC 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

ARC top 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

THC Bomb. I hope this one "blows up."
THC Bomb 10-1-21 Day39.JPG

THC Bomb top 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

Fast Banana. The runt has been warned about acting out, but she's hard-headed.
Fast Banana 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

Fast Banana top 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

If you ignore the Fast Banana (and I'm finding that easier to do everyday), the plants seem to really like what they're getting from @Prescription Blend!

And finally, the Chiquita Banana clone is still wearing that tight shoe.
CB clone 10-16-21.JPG

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Be happy on purpose!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

CB clone top 10-16-21.JPG

Hello again.

I forgot to share one other pic.

About a week ago I topped the Alien Rock Candy and I'm trying to clone that top. It's now sitting in a cup of perlite with water at the bottom per @Virgin Ground (at least I hope it was her and not @BooWho2 :laughtwo: ).

This method produced my current clone baby and I forgot to mention it then, so I wanted to make sure to give props this time!

Anyone think I should defoliate this a bit further?
ARC top clone attempt 10-16-21.JPG

Peace.

Except for the Fast Banana they're looking spectacular! Something about you and banana strains...I'm sensing a theme.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how that Lush soil does!
Thanks, Shed.

I've seen your contest entry and I dare say, "Something about you and banana strains."

I too am interested in how the Lush performs. When I up-pot that clone she's going in Lush too!

@Prescription Blend, what do you think is going on with this plant? She's been on the Week3-4 dosage since Oct. 6th and is not looking happy.
Fast Banana 10-16-21 Day39.JPG

And this one, is also showing a similar trait on a few of it's lowers.
THC Bomb 10-1-21 Day39.JPG

Thanks for any advice!

So that's my theory for what it's worth.
I like it! Nothing good happens in poorly aerated soil!
Hello growers!

It's a lovely Saturday morning here in the Mid-Atlantic area. Slightly overcast, low 70s and a mild breeze! Perfect golfing weather. And my fav course is closed today for aeration of the greens. :straightface:

No matter, I have an update on the Freebie + 1 Grow!

It's day 32 for the youngsters and things are starting to happen. They got their first dose of @Prescription Blend Week3 three days ago on the 6th. I've been following the PB grow of @Virgin Ground, and was aware of the "possibility" of a mag deficiency at this stage. So on that first Week3 feed I mixed in some epsom salts (at half dosage: 1/2 tblsp per gallon).

I gave them another light watering today, this time using 1/4 tblsp of epsom. I think for now, that's gonna' be it for the epsom until I see what develops.

Lets start with the official runt of the tent, the Fast Banana. She has some sort of early leaf discoloration. It's going to have to be a little more pronounced for my old eyes to take a stab at what it might be. If you have any thoughts please weigh in.

If she starts acting out up she'll be skating on thin ice because "Fast" strains aren't sitting so well with me right now. :Rasta:
F Banana 10-9-21 Day32.JPG

F Banana#2 10-9-21 Day32.JPG

Next up the Alien Rock Candy. She's really gotten sturdier after a slow beginning but now her top leaves are curling. I think she might not like being the closet to the light. And, the temps in the 2x2 tent always run high in the summer, averaging about 85F. The only thing available to fix that is Autumn. So I moved the light up about 6 inches and now I need to get some books to go under all the other plants who were enjoying themselves under it where it was. :straightface:
ARC#2 10-9-21 Day32.JPG

She's pushing out growth at the node junctures now, waaay behind all the others.
ARC 10-9-21 Day32.jpg

Last for the @Prescription Blend feeders, the THC Bomb. She's doing her thing, getting ready to drop a few lower leaves in the near future. I will get started on her training when the smoke clears. :ganjamon:
THC Bomb 10-9-21 Day32.JPG

THC Bomb#2 10-9-21 Day32.JPG

On to the Original Glue in the Roots Organics Lush soil. She's growing well on just aged (at least 48 hours) tap water.
I started her @CarcassStick® training a few days back. I've had to double up on the sticks for the top node because a single stick kept getting pulled out of the medium. This Lush soil is so porous that it doesn't hold the sticks as firmly as typical soil does. I'll have to tie these down as they strengthen. (The Lush also retains moisture like nothing I've ever used before. It takes many days before any discernable difference in pot weight.)
OG 10-9-21 Day32.JPG

OG#2 10-9-21 Day32.JPG

That's a wrap for the Freebie + 1 update.

On to the @Weed Seeds Express Godfather OG clones.

I've trained myself to ignore the leaves and focus on the rock hard buds and that has made me a happy grower!
GOG clone (left) bud 10-9-21.JPG

GOG clone (right) bud 10-9-21.JPG

As always, thanks so much for looking in.

Peace.
Look at those budz man! That plant hits so hard we put it away for a while! It comes in and out of circ. as wanted but we just can't smoke it every day, it's too much! That's some good weed!
Hello growers.

I hate to say it, but the disaster I saw developing with the Fast bunch in the 5x5 tent has come to fruition. Looking at my Fast Bubblegums through the loupe this morning made me nauseous. Little monster bugs were crawling all over both of them. When this happens I always feel like the plants are begging to be killed, just for relief. So that's what I did on their day 75.

No fanfare. No obit pics. The branches were cut from the plants and dunked directly into my wash solution. They were not going to be big yielders anyway, and I can't stand to watch them suffer.

BB#1
Fast Bubblegum#1 10-15-21 end Day75.jpg

BB#2
Fast Bubblegum#2 end 10-15-21 Day75.jpg

I didn't weigh them but from eyeballing them I think I might get a combined 3 ozs.

Of the two remaining Fast ones, the Critical Poison looks worse than the BBs. I'm strongly considering just throwing it in the trash.

But amazingly, the mites have steered clear of the Fast Bruce Banner. Haven't touched it! I have no idea why, but I'm going to let her keep going.

The CB clone needs to come down too. I've had my fill of takedowns today, however. I'll get to her tomorrow or may do some parts tonight and the rest tomorrow.

I'm patting myself on the back because I did not curse in the post!

I must be getting used to these mites fucking my shit up. (Oops :straightface: )

Peace.
75 days...not bad atall GDB! Good observation and action!

There's Roots soil in some of my mix, good stuff! Not as magic as your water only blend. Do they say it will hold up through flower?

Hello growers. It' Sunday, a time for miracles.

A few days back when I floated my theory about the yellowing leaves on my GOG clones (I suspected compacted soil), @InTheShed led me here, where @Derbybud describes his root coring technique.

Though I thought it was too late to address the compaction issue, I couldn't pass on the chance at such a simple solution. So I took my old-school, dual pronged PH probe and poked 8 holes around the perimeter of each plant. I poked about 6 inches deep for each hole.

After getting watered one time after this was done I believe I'm starting to see green return to those leaves that aren't already too far gone!

I hope you can see it in this pic.

GOG clones 10-10-21.JPG

Even if you can't tell see it, trust me it's happening! :ganjamon:

Next up, the parting of the Red Sea.

Peace.
The coco in a couple of my plants has hardened up pretty well also. Guess I’ll poke some holes tomorrow. Good tip!

scared me away from growing sativa dom girls til now. But @Carcass gave me hope in taming the sativa indoors.
While most sativa strains are pretty tall there are some that are quite petite. There is a landrace sativa called Jamaican Dream that stays really small. I think it gets between three and four feet tall.
I'll find out for sure sometime this winter if I can squeeze her into a tent.
sitting in a cup of perlite with water at the bottom per @Virgin Ground (at least I hope it was her and not @BooWho2 :laughtwo: ).
You did it!
Good job!
:high-five: :cheer::hug::thanks::yahoo::party::snowboating::slide:

Overkill?

While most sativa strains are pretty tall there are some that are quite petite. There is a landrace sativa called Jamaican Dream that stays really small. I think it gets between three and four feet tall.
I'll find out for sure sometime this winter if I can squeeze her into a tent.
Thanks for the tip VG I'll have to check them out. But with quad lining I don't think I have anything to fear anymore....:blunt:

I like it! Nothing good happens in poorly aerated soil!

Look at those budz man! That plant hits so hard we put it away for a while! It comes in and out of circ. as wanted but we just can't smoke it every day, it's too much! That's some good weed!

75 days...not bad atall GDB! Good observation and action!

There's Roots soil in some of my mix, good stuff! Not as magic as your water only blend. Do they say it will hold up through flower?
Thanks, Stone.

The number I keep seeing regarding how long the Lush soil will feed is 8 weeks. That's how I plan to use it. I'm anticipating starting GeoFlora Bloom top-feeds at around week 6. Of course it also depends on what the plant is doing.

Hello growers.

I've got another quick update on the Freebie + 1 Grow.

Last night I made adjustments to the CarcassSticks® on the THC Bomb and OG. I was able to spread them out a tad more, enough for me to realize that space will soon be taken up quickly in the 2x2. Aside from those two plants, the Alien Rock Candy also looks like she'll also be a space hog. (It's easy for any plant to be a space hog in a 2x2. :) )

I'm also ready to up-pot the clone. It is as large as I want it, and I want to flip it soon.
I took my floor fan out to make room and sat the clone in its new pot to make sure it would fit. I'll repot the clone today. It's going into Roots Organics Lush soil, and I'm going to use a plastic pot.
Freebie + 1 with another pot 10-17-21.jpg

I stuck a 9-inch fan at the top of the tent. By blowing on top of the Viparspectra, it lowered the tent temp about 2 degrees.
Freebie + 1 nine inch fan up.jpg

Now the "plan" is to let the clone settle in for a 8-10 days and then move it to the 4x4 under a 12 hour light cycle. It doesn't matter if the GOG clones currently in the 4x4 are done or not. There's room.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

enough for me to realize that space will soon be taken up quickly in the 2x2.
Funny how big it looks in there....and how fast it gets small once the plants grow a little...
The THC Bomb and the OG look real good, GDB!

Hello growers.

Just a quick update on the GOG clones.

The buds continue to fatten so I took a few trich pics. They ain't ready yet!
GOG clone trich 10-18-21.jpg

GOG tric#3 10-18-21.jpg

GOG trich#2 10-18-21.jpg

Just a touch of amber here and there. Back to waiting.

Peace.

Hello grow friends.

Yesterday I took down the Chiquita Banana Clone. I believe she had done all she could do.

She was the floppiest plant I've ever grown, and I've had some kinda' floppers! :Rasta:

CB clone 10-18-21 END flop queen.jpg

She was a sticky mess to take down. Hidden amidst that tangle of ugly leaves were some pretty nice buds.
CB clone 10-18-21 END bud.JPG

She didn't yield a whole lot but it's enough to keep me interested. I had to toss three large branches into my salve bag because they didn't look "right."
CB clone 10-18-21 END in bowl.jpg

This leaves one plant remaining in the Fast Grow, the Bruce Banner. (The Critical Poison was absolutely savaged by spider mites so I tossed it.)

The mites never touched the Banner! I wonder if there's something inherent in the strain that makes it more resistant to mites. If so, I need to make it my go-to strain!

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom