Grand Daddy Purple Clones Start To Finish!

On Thursday, June 16th, 2011, I was fortunate enough to score THREE genuine GDP clones from the original source! Here are the first in a series of progress shots of the plants after I transplanted them into 6" Peat Pots. When the clones get about 12" tall, they along with these biodegradable pots will be planted into permanent 5 gallon pots using "Black Gold - Waterhold Cocoblend" potting soil.

GDP_Clones_Week_1.jpg

GDP_Clone_Closeup.jpg

Considering how hard it is to score genuine GDP clones, my plan is to raise these up to be mother plants for cloning and then flower the clones I take from these original three plants. ;)

I will post additional photos of the plants as they grow up. Expect the next series of photos in a few weeks. :)

Stay tuned! :morenutes:

Nice. I'll be comparing your progress overtime, I'm at the same stage! Feel free to check out my grow log!

Cool! I checked out your grow and see that yours are about the same age as mine. Should be interesting to see how they compare over the next few weeks. :)

Took the girls outside today to give them some of that nice HOT summer sunshine! These Peat Pots can get kind of saturated when you use the Cocoblend soil, so this will also help to dry those pots out a bit.

P1010701.jpg
P10107031.JPG
P1010704.JPG

Since today is the official start of summer and the longest day of the year I will probably leave these outside tonight along with all the Northern Lights seedlings that all got put out permanently to veg today too!

Good job, they look healthy!

Thanks Man! They are definitely responding to the HOT summer sun!

GDP Clone Update!

Just got done transplanting all three plants into larger pots. Clone #1 was definitely showing signs as a strong grower reaching almost 2 inches taller than the other two. As a result, I put that clone into a 10 gallon pot intead of our usual 5 gallon pots. This clone will be my Mother Plant for future GDP cloning projects. I will plan to flower the other two just as soon as they are the right size.

1 & 2 Just before transplanting this morning:

P1010747.JPG
P1010748.JPG

Clone #1 in New 10 Gallon
P1010749.JPG

Clone #2

P1010750.JPG

Side by Side Comparison

P10107511.JPG

Clone #3

P1010731.JPG

All transplants today - Three GDP Clones and One Northern Lights Seedling

P1010752.JPG

oh i am totally in for this one!!! GDP is my fav!!! i just seeds for GDP!!! hope you dont mind me tagging along!!! :adore:

Not at all! Happy to have you along for the ride!

You have good taste in MMJ my friend! GDP is my hands down favorite too!

One thing I should inform you about though... Genuine GDP is a CLONE ONLY strain. Meaning, there are no seeds for this strain if you want the real thing which has to be a cloned descendant of the original GDP mother plant.

That is why they are so hard to get, and why it took me close to a year to get my hands on just THREE geunine clones from the original strain!

Stay tuned for more growth photos over the next week or so. Now that all three clones are in large pots, I fully expect them to really start growing!

Cheers. :)

no strain is a clone only strain my friend!!! they said the same thing about Afgoo, but i currently am the owner of 14 Afgoo seeds and a proud parent of 2 Afgoo's, sex still unknown... anyways, what would you consider a seed from GDP sack that i got from my local dispensary??? I was told that the plant Hermed and thats how she produced seeds, she didnt make many of them, i was lucky enough to get 4 of them out of the sack!!! i just picked up some more from them and am hoping for at least 2 more!!! i hope you can help me out on this one??? cus i dont want to call it a name that isnt the name, you know what i mean??? they told me that they got some Northern Lights that has a few seeds also!!! im gonna have to pick some of that up as well!!! those babies of yours are looking so nice!!!

:peacetwo:

no strain is a clone only strain my friend!!! they said the same thing about Afgoo, but i currently am the owner of 14 Afgoo seeds and a proud parent of 2 Afgoo's, sex still unknown... anyways, what would you consider a seed from GDP sack that i got from my local dispensary???
:peacetwo:

Thanks again for checking my GDP pages! :)

I surely don't want to see my thread derail into a big debate over the true nature of the "genuine" GDP strain, so lets just agree to disagree on the reality of GDP seeds.

I would love to provide some links here to some some trusted experts in Cannabis genetics that corroborate the clone only nature of GDP, but I don't want to get the mods after me for linking to non-sponsor commercial web sites. If you want, PM me and I would be happy to provide you with some. :thumb:

Take care and thanks for checking out my GDP page! :)

Commin along nicely dude! Your leaves are lookin a lot better off then mine lol. I just updated my thread too

Thanks Man!

Well... There is no competition between indoor grow lights and the Sun! ;) This time if year is hands down the easiest for me in terms of growing cause I get double the growth rate from the sun than I do from my T5s and CFLs.

Nothing short of those high heat super spendy bulbs would do as well as mother nature can! :)

I just posted some comments on your Journal too. :)

GDP Clones Day 12!

Here are the latest photos of my three GDP clones.

P1010775.JPG

Clone #1 is really taking advantage of its new 10 gallon digs! All three clones are gaining multiple inches every few days with #1 still leading the pack in the height race!

P1010776.JPG

I have been sitting the three GDPs on top of our AC chiller exhaust fan for a few hours each, each day in order to let the wind velocity from the huge fan prompt thicker main stem and branch development. The amount of air movement is high, but just below a level that would hurt the plants. These gals are little thrill seekers! :goof:

P1010777.JPG

Clones #2 and #3 waiting their turn on top of the wind tunnel! 06/28/11

Normally when growing indoors, I have fans blowing on my seedlings and small clones all day long to promote sturdier stems and thicker secondary growth, but outside, the natural breezes are often not enough and you can wind up with whimpy, willowy plants that can barely support their own weight, leave alone branches full of dense flower buds!

That is kind of what happened with my two original Purple Urkle clones. They grew up so fast that they didn't get enough "fan time" and their willowy stature was the result.

Definitely don't want to risk that same thing happening to my precious Grand Daddy Purples!

Progress Shots • 07/03/11 :peace:

As promised, here are some photos taken this morning of our three GDP clones. As you can see, all three plants are coming along nicely, with our deginated mother plant (GDP #1) just about to reach the 1 foot mark! :bravo:

P10108261.JPG
P1010827.JPG
P10108281.JPG
P10108291.JPG

Nice looking clones you got there. I bought about 4 GDP clones about four months ago and vegged them for about a month. Traded a couple to friend for some AK-47 and Purple Kush clones. I LST 1 GDP clone after taking cuttings and flowering it out and I didn't get very good yields. The buds were somewhat small. I got only about an ounce off the plant I LST. I haven't cut down the second plant yet that I did not LST because it has 3 weeks to go and it seems to have done much better. I have 2 trusted grow partners who I trade clones with and they thought the buds and the smell of the GDP was amazing when it was growing and it was their favorite plant in my garden. They were both anxious to share a joint when I harvested it which we did:high-five: :roorrip: I like the taste of GDP and Urkle but I think the high is a bit lackluster. So, I just germinated 3 Cali Connection Blackwater seeds. Blackwater is OG Kush crossed with Mendocino purple and Swerve (Cali Connections breeder) commented that he crossed the OG Kush into the GDP to increase the potency and make the high better.

Hey man! :peace:

Thanks for sharing your growing experience with GDP! I have heard some mentions of low yield from some folks who have grown GDP, but others claim to have just the opposite results. Not sure what the deciding factor is between a low yield and a high yield. Since my clones are going to be vegging outside the entire time, I am optimistic that they will end up producing some great bud when the time comes.

I might even attempt to flower these naturally outside through the end of October and our first frost. After I have taken plenty of clones from them of course!

As for the high... I actually have some dried bud from the mother plant that my clones came from, and it is more than potent enough for me! The purples in general are not known for any kind of over the top buzz. The GDP bud I have here from the parent plant produces more of a mellow body high with a unique narcotic quality to it.

Perfect for pain relief and why it is my hands down fave. I'm hoping that these clones and their clones will give me the same exact high I have been getting from their mommy plant.

Genuine GDP is pretty hard to beat if you ask me! :thumb:

Got any photos of your GDP plants posted in a journal or somewhere on the 420 site? I would love to see what they look like during flower! Actual grow photos of this strain are about as rare and the genuine clones are! ;)

Thanks for the post! :)

Back
Top Bottom